Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please let me know if you find anything interesting. I opted out of FB years ago. :)

I didn't see anything but stupid comments, coming from both sides. Not worth your time Hope ~ I didn't stay on very long.

P
Bringing this over from the sidebar

Just the facts ‏@capemayniac 3m3 minutes ago

#jodiarias "court appointed" investigator died, not her private investigator, Dorian Bond
NOT Dorian Bond

LOL I had to read that 3 times!! :cup:

Bringing this over from the sidebar

Just the facts ‏@capemayniac 3m3 minutes ago

#jodiarias "court appointed" investigator died, not her private investigator, Dorian Bond
NOT Dorian Bond

What is really sad is we used to joke around how we would be dead before this trial is over. We can no longer joke around about that, because this trial is taking so long, people really are dying off. So sad.

Does anyone have the link to Jodi's Art sales? I saw it here the other day but didn't bookmark it.

tia

Please do not cut and paste from facebook accounts. It is against TOS.

It's really ridiculous. DeMarte was on to rebut F & Geff, and now the judge is going to give them more than a week when they shouldn't deserve any surrebuttal at all. I think their surrebuttal will be longer than the rebuttal was. It's stupid. And it looks like the same will happen with the computer guys - Brown and Smith were on briefly and Dworkin will be even briefer. Those were rebuttal as well of course. Why in the he$$ do we need to hear from the defense again?

B/c clearly the defense deserves "the last word."

IIRC in the last trial, there was surrebuttal after surrebuttal, and when it became obvious it had to end, the DT got the last word in.

This is my beef with the way the system works regarding defense strategy. Of course people are presumed innocent until proven guilty, yet when a defendent is clearly guilty, the trial morphs into "winning at all costs." how many times have we witnessed a defendent confess to a crime, and then plead not guilty, or even cases where someone is actually caught in the act of committing the crime, and the next thing you know we hear news accounts where every other word is allegedly? this phase has gone so far into the weeds that the BRUTAL MURDER OF THE VICTIM has been completely put aside as this lying, vindictive murderess continually attempts to prove he deserved it.

:gaah:

*getting more coffee*

It's really ridiculous. DeMarte was on to rebut F & Geff, and now the judge is going to give them more than a week when they shouldn't deserve any surrebuttal at all. I think their surrebuttal will be longer than the rebuttal was. It's stupid. And it looks like the same will happen with the computer guys - Brown and Smith were on briefly and Dworkin will be even briefer. Those were rebuttal as well of course. Why in the he$$ do we need to hear from the defense again?

Juan is not doing rebuttal right now. He is presenting the State's case on mitigation issues. Next up is the defense rebuttal case. JSS has no authority to deny that option. If there is any surrebuttal in this phase it will be Juan asking for it, not the defense. It's confusing because Juan presented some evidence before this phase really got started, to get the jury caught up on the premeditation and cruelty issues.

Please do not cut and paste from facebook accounts. It is against TOS.

I'm sorry Lambchop, I went back to delete it (it was so long) and just leave the link, but it was already gone. I didn't mean to cause any problems.

Juan is not doing rebuttal right now. He is presenting the State's case on mitigation issues. Next up is the defense rebuttal case. JSS has no authority to deny that option. If there is any surrebuttal in this phase it will be Juan asking for it, not the defense. It's confusing because Juan presented some evidence before this phase really got started, to get the jury caught up on the premeditation and cruelty issues.

Is that really true?
I thought that the "content" of what is about to be testified to has importance. I have heard other cases where the judge would ask the attorneys what "point" or "points" are they getting ready to use the witness for. And when the judge found out that the attorney had no real value for bringing in the witness, the judge denied the request to bring up a witness.

It seems to me that the DT is not going to bring up anything different and is just going to delay and re-hash things already stated many times before.

Can't the judge question the attorney about what point or value this rebuttal witness(es) is going to bring to the case?
And then promptly reject them. Or at least reject certain specific rebuttal witnesses.

P.S. Any news when the sealed transcript will be released?

L

Where did you read he chased them down? I quit reading his posts. At first I thought he was a wealth of knowledge and after a while, he just started rubbing me the wrong way how he was reporting to KNOW what the jury was thinking etc. Now I see him posing with other wackos who are singing and taunting the defense? I was actually quite disappointed to see BK posing with these people as well. In my opinion, Paul is just looking for his 15 minutes of fame. I'm over it.

I put him in the same category as all the other crime bloggers and tweeters. They want us to read their slant and their posts, blogs, tweets are all lopsided. That is the problem with trial by tweet. There is no person/poster/tweeter who gives us the correct or exact play by play. Not one of them should be the Bible for this trial. Not even the "favorites" it's all what they want us to know from their tweeter angle. We pick on Keifer but he is no worse than any other tweeter or blogger/reporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momo1