Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have the pleasure of Geffy today? Local witness? Smith1?

Twitter reporting Robert Geffner sightings.... (From Jen at Trial Diaries)

I wonder if Nurmi and his sidekick decided we can have court today?

No Tweets yet? I was under the understanding court was to resume at 9:15am?

Morning Tweets:

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 13h 13 hours ago

#JodiArias restarts Wed.
Looking like an end in sight.
Couple witnesses recalled for defense, then JA will speak, then closings, by 3/2/15??

Pinned Tweet
Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 14h 14 hours ago

#JodiArias Penalty Phase: The State has Rested and the Defense Wants One More Bite at the Apple
http://thetrialdiaries.com/jodi-ari...the-defense-wants-one-more-bite-at-the-apple/ … #TheTrialDiaries

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 5m 5 minutes ago

Bob Geffner is here this morning #jodiarias #3tvarias

an aside....does anyone remember how many hours the May 26th chat/text actually lasted? I remember ALV saying one thing, JM another, and then there was discussion of time differences.
I'm putting together a "full" transcript from tweets, BK and exhibits, and need the total time to order what I have. Thanks for any assistance!

Here's JM discussing the May 26 im/texts with ALV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn_izr17VX4

He mentions the exhibit number [450] of the full May 26 exchange ... in case those Trial I exhibits are available now.

Is Juan even getting a surrebuttal? From last fall, I seem to remember Dr. Hayes being on the witness list, but so far her name hasn't been mentioned again. Are we really going to see her in action?

Hayes was on JM's witness list. KN tried to get her precluded but either lost or removed his objection. JM called on her for surrebuttal last time, but I agree with those who think he won't even ask for another turn unless the DT accidentally is effective at undermining DM's testimony.

Morning Tweets:

Jeffrey Evan Gold @jeffgoldesq · 13h 13 hours ago

#JodiArias restarts Wed.
Looking like an end in sight.
Couple witnesses recalled for defense, then JA will speak, then closings, by 3/2/15??

Pinned Tweet
Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 14h 14 hours ago

#JodiArias Penalty Phase: The State has Rested and the Defense Wants One More Bite at the Apple
http://thetrialdiaries.com/jodi-ari...the-defense-wants-one-more-bite-at-the-apple/ … #TheTrialDiaries

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 5m 5 minutes ago

I picked Mar 5th in the just for fun trial end lottery. What do you think my chances are of being right? :laughing:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...ate-female-death-row-inmate-article-1.2109665

Georgia authorities have set an execution date for a woman convicted in her husband's murder in what would be the state's first execution of a female since 1945.

Kelly Renee Gissendaner is scheduled to be put to death Feb. 25 after exhausting her legal appeals, CL Atlanta reported. A Gwinnett County judge signed the order Monday.

:seeya: Mulling over the break about what this jury has heard, I'm of the opinion that, unless Juan gives the most powerful closing argument of his career, they are going to quickly give Arias life, on the premise that she is mentally ill. Not knowing a fraction of what we know, and backed up by Dr. D's diagnosis, it's the simplest way for them to explain away her bizarre behaviours, and the viciousness of the killing. It will account for her lack of remorse, and eliminate the need to plough through all the abuse/*advertiser censored*/computer/texts nonsense. They cannot fail to recognise the 'blame the victim' defence, but I'm afraid they won't realise this is Arias' doing and will think it all defence lawyers' tactics.

I feel for them having to go through this upcoming re-run of slime, and I am angry that they have been hoodwinked. I bet they too will be angry when they are finally dismissed and learn of her true nature.

I will happily eat my hat if they give the DP.

Okay - on with this sick circus. All rotten things must come to an end.

Hi there NP :seeya:, I respectfully disagree but it would be great (and I expect it to be) if Juan gives a "knock it out of the park" closing.

Given testimony in this trial only, I suspect that this jury is going to be deliberating for quite some time--really don't think sentencing will be quick. JMO but I think the majority will be for death because of the DT's grotesque lies attempting to label a slaughtered man as a perverted pedophile--I believe this will prove to be HIGHLY offensive to jurors, and is very likely to be defense team's undoing. However, I think there is at least one juror (based only on some of the juror ?'s) that is at least considering/evaluating the DV and BPD as it relates to mitigation.:thinking:

Nothing personal my friend, but I'm really, really, really hoping you have to eat your hat :blushing:!!!!

Good morning! I've been reading on-and-off all weekend. Let's hope against hope that Geffner is over fast. IIRC, he should be limited to rebutting what JM said in his CIC. That should limit it all just a bit, if we're lucky.

Don't know who this is but she will be in court today

@AlexaLevine_: I'll be live tweeting the arias trial. It's 9:23 still sitting in the room waiting to be taken upstairs. #jodiarias

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Morning!

Am I reading that right that the Geff is there? He could get there...

Good morning! I've been reading on-and-off all weekend. Let's hope against hope that Geffner is over fast. IIRC, he should be limited to rebutting what JM said in his CIC. That should limit it all just a bit, if we're lucky.

It appears Geffner was able to find some time in his schedule...sigh :therethere:

FYI. BK is trying to obtain the October chambers mtg transcript and will post it on her thread when available. She'll also have the video of entire retrial as soon as it's available, including of sidebars if they're on video, or transcripts if not.

Jodi Arias & Solitary Confinement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plHt-bN2pLU

Not sure if true, but JA will be in solitary first 2-5 years either way.

Published on May 25, 2013

Awareness video on the pending jury hearing sentencing Jodi Arias to the death penalty or life in prison. Regardless, Arias will experience isolation and placement in level 5 maximum security for at least two years if given life and eternity if given the death penalty. This video describes the conditions of confinement of such a place inside prisons.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 22m 22 minutes ago

Hi there NP :seeya:, I respectfully disagree but it would be great (and I expect it will to be) if Juan gives a "knock it out of the park" closing.

Given testimony in this trial only, I suspect that this jury is going to be deliberating for quite some time--really don't think sentencing will be quick. JMO but I think the majority will be for death because of the DT's grotesque lies attempting to label a slaughtered man as a perverted pedophile--I believe this will prove to be offensive to jurors, and is very likely to be defense team's undoing. However, I think there is at least one juror (based only on some of the juror ?'s) that is at least considering/evaluating the DV and BPD as it relates to mitigation.:thinking:

Nothing personal my friend, but I'm really, really, really hoping you have to eat your hat!!!!

Hey Mindmatters, :smiliescale: I want to be proven wrong. I have a sun hat made of recycled paper - that's the one I will eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plumsy1