Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember if this jury has seen Sky's clips from the 48 hour interview? How in the world, IMHO, could anyone (Geffner) watch that interview and not remember all of those creepy incidents, such as standing outside the door, etc...? This is so insulting to the jury!

Not saying she lied, but, she was writing a book for monetary gain. Sometimes people writing books might make their story more interesting, plus she was on 48 hours telling these things. Wish she/they would have waited but they didn't.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 42s 43 seconds ago
On this test it requires ONE upsetting experience and it's italicized. It wants the feeling on the ONE experience #jodiarias #3tvarias

I can remember "ONE" experience that happened in my home when I was younger and there was child abuse. It involved my brother and dad; my brother was five and to this day when my sisters and I talk about this incident of my dad hitting my brother, we all start crying. That was over 50 years ago. This was one out of many, but this one is the most trauma.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 57s 57 seconds ago
Geff says he administered this "not in a standard way" because they had a lot of info & it gave them a feel. It wasn't used diagnostically

I have a real problem with this…why in the world would a professional psychologist think it’s acceptable to use a psychological test in a non-standard way as part of their evaluation for a court case, much less a death penalty case? To me that reeks of fact twisting to get the result you want to present and not an objective evaluation. That usual person Geff really shouldn’t even utter the word ethics given his sketchy conduct.

But, his buddy ALV had a book coming out after she testified!!!!!!! So, what Geff said applies to her too!

I love me some Juan! I love my husband dearly, but he said something negative about his aggressive style during the first trial, and now he is not allowed to speak Juan's name for the rest of his life.

I have been searching the threads for the answer to this and cant find it. Has JA or TA phone record ever been checked to see how long that recorded sex convo was? In other words how long were they on the phone compared to how long was the recording? Who called who? I would think that would be important as it could indicate that JA asked TA to "just do it for me, Travis.....please. I am fantasizing that you could say......and I could say....." As in total set up.

After today, Geffy gone. Wait til the jury sees MF on the stand again. Maybe they'll endure by guessing which points MF lies about will be the ones JM uses to destroy her credibility yet again .

I hope he keeps it up all afternoon. Make Gef stay the night or come back (like the Bishop had to do) for Wilmott to re-direct.

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper · 52s 52 seconds ago
Dr. Geffner says you need expertise in domestic violence so you can diagnose it. #JodiArias
Hmph. Guess that's why dozens of abuse survivors on this forum know Jodi is lying about having experienced it herself.

Maybe JM should ask Geff if there is a psychological term for people that laugh at inappropriate times.

It's called Pseudobulbar affect and involves uncontrollable laughing or crying.
https://www.nuedexta.com/do-i-have-pba‎
https://www.physicsforums.com/.../condition-where-people-laugh-at- inappropriate-times.3554/‎

It can also be an expression of embarassment (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nervous_laughter‎) or a sign of high emotional stress (https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/happiness-in-world/201101/why-we-laugh).

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 29s 30 seconds ago
Juan- If she said 2 events couldn't you redirect her? You were in charge of this test
Geffner- That's not appropriate #jodiarias #3tvarias

So Geff is selective on what's appropriate during testing and what isn't. Got it. Thanks.

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper · 4s 4 seconds ago
Geffner says we don't define domestic violence as a 1 time incident. #JodiArias

But ten times... "that's a laugh" ~ Dr. Richard Geffner

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 5s 6 seconds ago
Juan- So if she gave u 10 events that wouldn't matter to you
Geff- That's a laugh (as he laughs) JA defined DV w/ TA bothered her the most

If anyone noted the look on Juror #1's face, I didn't see it posted on twitter feed or here or BK posting. Anybody?? How did the juror react?

She looked kind of like a deer in the headlights and was a little shocked. She was paying close attention to the sidebar after the objection.

Not saying she lied, but, she was writing a book for monetary gain. Sometimes people writing books might make their story more interesting, plus she was on 48 hours telling these things. Wish she/they would have waited but they didn't.

She was nowhere near writing a book at the time of the interview. This was way in the beginning when Jodi was first arrested. And her story hasn't changed.

BK.....G: doesn't remember we said the Hughes shouldn't be interviewed, just that there were others they were more interested in interviewing.

Yea, cause interviewing everyone might not give us the info we want :facepalm:

And yet they claim Dr. D only "used" info that suited her purpose :rolleyes:

On cross, JA roundly criticized Nurmi on Twitter and complained about not expecting him to be able to impeach DeMarte, then apparently had a hissy fit and was late returning to court after the lunch break that day. I'm wondering if the "boss," JA, has decided that JW is going to do all the direct examinations from here on out.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 24s 25 seconds ago
Geffner- It's a staffing decision and we didn't think their info would be useful #jodiarias #3tvarias

So in other words, interviewing them (the Hugheses) would be hurtful to us?

It's called Pseudobulbar affect and involves uncontrollable laughing or crying.
https://www.nuedexta.com/do-i-have-pba‎
https://www.physicsforums.com/.../condition-where-people-laugh-at- inappropriate-times.3554/‎

It can also be an expression of embarassment (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nervous_laughter‎) or a sign of high emotional stress (https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/happiness-in-world/201101/why-we-laugh).

I have seen that condition when they advertise drugs on tv that will help it.

I don't think Geff has this.

Sometimes I think he has to laugh because he knows he is telling some really big whoppers when he is on the stand.

Geffner- It's a staffing decision and we didn't think their info would be useful #jodiarias #3tvarias

What the heck does that mean?

Maybe it's his canned answer for "don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player".

She looked kind of like a deer in the headlights and was a little shocked. She was paying close attention to the sidebar after the objection.

First time I've heard a juror being called out. I wonder whether Juan is a bit weary about her? I don't want to speculate about these poor jurors but I'm sure Juan had some specific goal in mind when he did that.

Also, I've avoided discussions regarding the Hughes because they clearly meant a great deal to Travis. I just want to say that writing a book is fine and all that but why not wait until the trial is over? The book is of no use to Travis' case/his family---and nothing else matters at this point. I'm a little disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiatorres