Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's something important people may be overlooking. During the original trial, Juan had to plod through all sorts of things in a certain sequence. And when jurors were hearing/seeing those things, they (presumably) were open-minded as whether or not any crime had been committed.

But now it's different - they already know she's guilty, so that sort of foundation is not needed. That means they are seeing everything from a different POV than the original jury. With that in mind, think about how it's going, especially today:
- Juan laid out for them earlier the absolute brutality of the crime.
- Today he went through the gas can cover-up, which they can only view as being a cover-up.
- And he went through the post-murder actions, which had to send chills up the jury's spine.
- And similarly the Flores interview has to be absolutely chilling when you know she has committed the crime.

I still think getting 12 out of 12 is an almost impossible hurdle, but I don't see how Juan could be laying it out any better for the jury, and in a remarkably short amount of time. When you think about their POV, you half wonder if they are able to sleep at night knowing they are in the presence of a cold-blooded butcher.

Thank you for saying what I wanted to, but you did it far better than I ever could!

This jury does have a different perspective. They know JA is guilty and don't have to make that decision. They watched the videos from that point of view. On NG last night, one of the people who was in the courtroom observed one male juror in the second row who seemed to be checking off every time JA told a lie in the video.

If she were to take the stand, he would probably look at it the same way. Lie... check. Add them up at the end and discuss with other jurors at the appropriate time. Let's hope this person was correct in her assumptions.

Hello, TexMex, I only just saw the Psycho Shower Photo Sequence you kindly posted. That makes way more sense to me than the ridiculous Calvin Klein scenario she tried to paint. Spookily similar. I wonder if there are any texts between them joking about this, or references made to anyone as a joke?

Reminder of earlier gas can testimony. Some here were asking whether the third gas can was really important. Welllll, it sure was important for her to deny that she had it! And Nurmi's desperation to hide the lying of his client shines brightly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AridRn61d3c

Michael K. Jeanes, Clerk of Court
*** Electronically Filed ***
10/28/2014 8:00 AM

10/27/2014

TRIAL MINUTE ENTRY
DAY TEN

Esteban Flores, having previously been sworn, testifies further.

The State begins playing State’s Exhibit 671.

Defendant’s motion for mistrial is argued.

The motion for mistrial is argued and denied. :denied:

State’s Exhibit 676 is marked for identification.

Esteban Flores testifies further.

The State offers and admits State’s Exhibit 635 in evidence.
Exhibit 635 is played in Court.
Exhibit 273 is played in Court.
Exhibit 272 is played in Court.

State’s Exhibit 677 is marked for identification.
The State offers and admits State’s Exhibit 677 in evidence.

State’s Exhibit 678 is marked for identification.
The State offers and admits State’s Exhibit 678 in evidence.
Exhibit 678 is played to the Jury in open Court.

The courtroom is cleared.
Juror 12 is present and is questioned by the Court.
Juror 12 leaves the courtroom.

Exhibit 301 is played to the Jury in open Court.
Exhibit 302 is played to the Jury in open Court.
Exhibit 357 is played to the Jury in open Court.
Exhibit 356 is played to the Jury in open Court.
Exhibit 358 is played to the Jury in open Court.
Exhibit 381 is played to the Jury in open Court.

Exhibit 381 continues to play to the Jury in open Court.

LET THE RECORD REFLECT that Exhibits 274, 303, 305, 308, 309, 312, 314, 315, 316
and 389 are temporarily released to the State to be returned on 10/28/14.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...4/m6548349.pdf

Gawd, the "shower scene" comparison has always gnawed at me and makes so much sense (JMO). they seemed to have a theme of play-acting, whether in actuality they followed through I have no clue. But if she got him to try to recreate pics from the movie scene, that would explain why she is dressed, and how she could have the knife in plain view along with the camera --- and was able to ambush him in the shower. He just doesn't look scared enough to know what was truly coming. A few stabs and he would be on the floor, perhaps crawled out to the sink, down the hall... and we know how that ended. Why the gunshot is my question (she thought he wasn't dead?)

This just makes more sense than anything else, to me. Where am I missing something that proves it can be a wrong theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust