Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6- Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one little bit of good news: Juan didn't want a stay. He's obviously ready to cross this witness. Whoever it might be.

I believe the defense's main strategy this time around is to show how crazy and insane JA was and still is and the main culprit is Travis who used and abused the little mentally ill young girl despite her mental illness.

Maybe she made a deal with the judge, if the courtroom is cleared, she will really confess this time. She has been convicted of 1st degree already so she has nothing to lose. She knows now what a 23-hour solitary confinement is like, and she desperately wants to avoid that predicament. I think she will be acting insane, confessing, and showing remorse for 'snapping'. Can anyone believe her true confession this time around is the question though. I wonder if she will say she shot him first while Travis was sitting in the shower, like Nurmi alluded.

Many thanks, RadarLux. I checked the forum before and thought JA had been somewhat ruled out. It defies belief that she now needs privacy - given how she threw herself into multiple interviews on TV immediately after the verdict last time. Dog.Gone.Cute alluded to Baez style tactics earlier. Maybe Arias herself will tear a page out of that book and extend her vile accusations beyond Travis?

BBM
Let alone the photos of her privates that she's shared with the poor souls throughout the entire world who didn't know what they were about to see until it was too late.

If this secret witness is really Jodi......I really don't understand the need for secrecy.

Would it be possible, considering all the stink raised about supposed death threats, that JA is now going to testify that someone else forced her to kill TA and she was threatened and afraid to tell who it was?

She had to testify secretly so the person that forced her to kill TA could be incarcerated before she is set free? LMAO

I could see the DA's being afraid of scrutiny if they tried to bring in another story... I mean the truth LOL.

In all fairness AZLawyer is taking a guess just like we all are. Granted a more educated guess since she is the one with the law degree, but the bottom line is that NO ONE can truly know the circumstances that are going on in that court until the details are let out. Which is the WHOLE reason we have open court in the first place so that the public can keep informed and not end up with a S8it show like we have here!

Here's what AZLawyer said about the possibility of the secret witness being CMJA. ...so there must be something very off about JSS allowing this secrecy.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?260898-Retrial-for-Sentencing-of-Jodi-Arias-Day-6&p=11150302#post11150302

Is it possible JSS knew the media would protest and just figured she'd let the appeals court make the decision? Yeah - I just do not understand how DT got away with it.

One... There isn't anything that Jodi can testify to that Juan Martinez can't refute. Two, they're only deciding between LWOP and LWOP with a sentence of death that guarantees her an appeal at the taxpayers' expense. Three, the death sentence, if imposed, would never be carried out. Even if every appeal failed. Four, JSS will never give her LWP. That's the bottom line. JSS can handle the circus atmosphere and the antics of the DT because she knows that Jodi will never see freedom for the rest of her life. She alone has that power. Five, the court of appeals may well rule that the lying liar's gallery has to remain open to the public. We shall see.

KCL... Have the happiest of birthdays and enjoy your journey, wherever that leads you!

After the judges rulings this week, I'm not sure I can continue to share your confidence that the judge will rule LWOP. I've lost all faith.

She threatened that she WOULDN'T testify, is what I think. Then Nurmi says that she can't get a fair trial without her taking the stand, but she protests due to the family (she knows she is gonna lie), nurmi makes the argument that she will not get a fair trial if she cant testify and she wont testify in front of her family who she is gonna railroad, JSS says fine, whatever and allows it. If Jodi self sabotaged she would have had a valid appeal.

It's going to take a little more proof for me to believe this. Not that I don't think Troy Hayden believes it, but I just cannot imagine what could make JSS close the courtroom for JA...makes no sense to me at all. She doesn't need protection, she's surrounded by guards and sleeps in jail. If she doesn't want to testify to abuse in front of her family? Tough, others do it every day of the week. I don't get it... going to bed early. With a huge glass of wine. And some dark chocolate.

...... sleeping under Christmas trees, crawling through doggy doors, upside down license plates, objections every two questions, tied up to the bed, audio phone-sex tapes, hippocampuses, head stands .......

O Holy Night, Jail Idol Winner.....
It Might Change My Memory.....

BBM
Let alone the photos of her privates that she's shared with the poor souls throughout the entire world who didn't know what they were about to see until it was too late.

If this secret witness is really Jodi......I really don't get understand the need for secrecy.

And on gigantic screens....and in color.

I don't get the judge asking about rescheduling. It's not like JA has a choice, or has an appointment for a book deal coming up some time next week and can't make the trial.

Maybe she thinks if this leaks out that she can ask for a mistrial because someone leaked the information. Same deal as Mrs. Flores.
Or... she is trying this out even longer because "she's not prepared". Any excuse to delay this trial.

For the life of me, I can't understand why the judge is so afraid of the trial being compromised by publicity. When OJ was on trial, almost every channel in America was showing the trial, and we know how that turned out.

For the life of me, I can't understand why the judge is so afraid of the trial being compromised by publicity. When OJ was on trial, almost every channel in America was showing the trial, and we know how that turned out.

No need to even go that far back. Look at Casey Anthony. Look at George Zimmerman.

I figured this out yesterday. Honestly, there is absolutely no one else that I could think of except Jodi herself. It's all about her - exactly how she wants it. The Jodi Show. A narcissistic at its best.

I think a lot of people thought it was her but then figured "Nah, JSS wouldn't be that indulging to the killer".

I guess there was no internet/social media back in the OJ days. :dunno:

Yep, I have thought this since the get go. Should have trusted my gut. I did have 2 back up plans The Bishop and LAV (yucky). I am now confident it is the witch herself.

I figured this out yesterday. Honestly, there is absolutely no one else that I could think of except Jodi herself. It's all about her - exactly how she wants it. The Jodi Show. A narcissistic at its best.

I bet the DT is going to ask for a mistrial if the "secret" witness is CMJA. OMG everyone found out and its all over the news. She cant get a fair trial and she is in "fear" for her life. I am guessing she is "in fear" for her life. She is facing the death penalty DUH!

I didn't give it a second thought after AZL ruled her out, but tweets came in that she wore a blazer, it all makes sense now. We'll probably know more on Monday.

This is what fran said:

Jodi put on a blazer over her blouse or shirt. IMHO, she's the witness.

Jodi wanted everyone out of the courtroom, including her family.

IMHO, she's gonna make the testimony during her trial look like a cake walk, as to what she MAY say about the abuse by her mom. She doesn't want her mom in there to hear the new lies?

Nurmi told Arias she didn't have mitigating circumstances, severe child abuse etc. It seems what she originally testified to wasn't mitigating enough. Bet she has a new angle.

Just a guess,
fran

If it was JA, it would be like the first trial. Where she gets up and tells her sad little tale then a bunch of experts come in and support/ diagnose her.

But I just can't believe JSS would allow this secrecy just for JA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb