Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6- Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I had to look up intervenor and found this little nugget...

The defense wanted the phone call recordings denied to the media because they believed some of the content would be derogatory to Dunn in the view of prospective jurors, and they wished to avoid tainting the jury pool.

The media naturally objected, given Florida’s very strict public records law. They requested, and Judge Healey granted them, status as an intervenor in the case — meaning they had legal justification for bringing motions in the case. More specifically, this status was granted to the Florida Times Union newspaper and WJXT, a leading Jacksonville television news station. (Additional local media are included as “coverage” partners of these two named intervenors.)

http://legalinsurrection.com/2014/0...discovery-held-hostage-or-media-being-stingy/

So I looked further into this word, "intervenor":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intervention_(law)

Have fun reading but it seems, that Nurmi thinks the media will "assit" the court in putting CMJA to death...

It is often said that the role of intervenors is to "assist" the court in making a just decision on the dispute at hand. While it is true that judges sometimes do indicate that intervenors have been of aid to the court in reaching a decision, the use of the word "assist" can be seen as misleading in that it implies the intervenor is acting altruistically. In general, the goal of the intervenor is to influence the court in making its decision, not just to "assist" the court.

Returning once again to the days of summer, when Arias represented herself. She went into the most frantic of flaps when she learned of a sudden that she would have to produce her top secret witness list and give it over to Juan Martinez. Obviously, she harbored some fantasy from fiction on t.v. that a surprise witness would enter the courtroom and topple the state's case for the death penalty (and maybe even their verdict). She and her folders of strategy were never the same after she understood that imperative. So we know what she most fears, that Juan will be wholly prepared for this individual and that he will deconstruct the person before the jury, the gallery, the press & later, the public. There could be a coterie of like witnesses for whom she seeks anonymity & secrecy, as that is her nature. I doubt that she was that resourceful, however, based on locating none in 2013.

Case Documents

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
10/31/2014 RES - Response - Party (001) 10/31/2014
NOTE: MS. ARIAS' RESPONSE; MOTION BY NEWS ORGINIZATIONS TO STAY CLOSED PORTIONS OF THE TRIAL

10/30/2014 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 10/31/2014
NOTE: Motion by News Organizations to Stay Closed Portions of Trial

What really amazes me is how so many things work in her favor. Does her web cast that far out? Is this how evil works and spreads? Is she so mean smart and maniplative that she is controlling all this? Look at how many lives and circumstances she has effected. Its really unbelievable.

Things seem to work in her favor because this is a death penalty trial. Every ounce, every particle of the benefit of the doubt is weighed here. Her life is at stake. And yes, she is mean smart. That's about as far as her smarts go, from what I've seen.

I think that the anonymous witness is ALV, she is the one key person that has already testified on JA behalf, her expertise/testimony can possibly lend doubt/convince the jury that JA was indeed an abused woman from a dysfunctional family. Whereas it will add credence to JA long list of the battered woman abused child carp whilst simultaneously staying out of the spotlight, because as a public figure she would only continue to receive backlash if exposed once again publicly with her myriad of twisted truths.

But then I think about Juan and that theory goes out the window. We will just have to wait and see what this side show is all about.:confused::waiting:

What could she offer after she was impeached in the guilt phase? I don't see Juan letting her get by easy this time either.

#JodiArias attorney says any schedule changes would jeopardize Arias's ability to defend her life @abc15

What about Travis' life ????? He didn't get a schedule change or a do over in ability to DEFEND HIS LIFE :furious:

Baez and Mason I despise because their wicked client got off with murdering a child. Their defense succeeded because the jury were as idiotic as they were. At least Arias has been convicted.

:seeya:

I totally agree that B&M's defense succeeded because of a total lack of brain cells of the Pinellas 12 !

JB's Opening Statement was an all time low -- and THAT is what I think CMJA and her DT are going for here:

Something similar to JB's Opening Statement ... CMJA and her DT have NOTHING ELSE to go for really.

Could it be that ^^^ is what Nurmi and Wilmott do not want to be "scrutinized" for ? Is the DT trying to pull a Jose Baez out of a hat ?

All just a guess ... and :moo:

Nurmi bores me. The defense has been a disaster and deserves criticism and mockery. Yet defense lawyers are needed because innocent people are accused of crimes. Innocent people are also accused of the most despicable crimes. As distasteful as I find Nurmi's approach, I have to ask how much of it has been driven by his repulsive, murdering client? He has tried to remove himself from the case and failed. My contempt is reserved for psychopathic murderer, Arias. I focus as much of that as possible on her - not JSS or the defense team. The flaws in the legal system need tackling but until they are, the system has to be followed. After the trial, I'd like to hear what the family and frends of Travis Alexander think of Nurmi and JSS. I agree that the loved ones of victims deserve more consideration and involvement in changing the system in some key ways. Their views are the ones that really matter.

I think AVL just might have the B**L* to get up there and lie again. It worked last time.

Though I think it might be someone that will lie and say they saw bruises.

Jodi said in her interview after her guilty verdict was that the hard drive had photos of her with bruises - that she didn't take them for anything it was just something she did when she was on the road.

ARIAS: There was a man who saw me with bruises all over. I would have made every effort to find him, and they didn`t. There are other people who saw me with bruises, my friends, my sisters. And the defense didn`t call them for their own reasons. And I think that would have corroborated some of the things that I said.

On the hard drive that we just discussed, the one that was not part of my trial, I took pictures of myself during that time not specifically for that purpose, but just being on the road. And I just keep thinking maybe it was in that photo, tons of things.

Hmm would that be the stealth trip to Mesa?

Goodnight all! Happy Halloween. I am gonna get out of here and enjoy the rest of the evening sans JA!

nycdailydeals-what39s-free-and-cheap-in-new-york-city-today-1.jpg

I totally agree that B&M's defense succeeded because of a total lack of brain cells of the Pinellas 12 !

JB's Opening Statement was an all time low -- and THAT is what I think CMJA and her DT are going for here:

Something similar to JB's Opening Statement ... CMJA and her DT have NOTHING ELSE to go for really.

Could it be that ^^^ is what Nurmi and Wilmott do not want to be "scrutinized" for ? Is the DT trying to pull a Jose Baez out of a hat ?

Throw enough mud at the wall, some of it will stick. If DT is able to keep JA from the needle that would be a win on their column.

On the hard drive that we just discussed, the one that was not part of my trial, I took pictures of myself during that time not specifically for that purpose, but just being on the road. And I just keep thinking maybe it was in that photo, tons of things.

Hmm would that be the stealth trip to Mesa?

I wonder what "purpose" she did not take them "specifically" for???

I think that the anonymous witness is ALV, she is the one key person that has already testified on JA behalf, her expertise/testimony can possibly lend doubt/convince the jury that JA was indeed an abused woman from a dysfunctional family. Whereas it will add credence to JA long list of the battered woman abused child carp whilst simultaneously staying out of the spotlight, because as a public figure she would only continue to receive backlash if exposed once again publicly with her myriad of twisted truths.

But then I think about Juan and that theory goes out the window. We will just have to wait and see what this side show is all about.:confused::waiting:

ALV makes so much sense.. (in explaining the refusal to testify unless completely sealed). Of course others come to mind, like JA's "friends" PW and MM... but ALV going to this extreme makes the most sense...I think.

MOO

BBM: It was an all time low as not a shred of credible evidence was presented. I agree, DGC. Same could be argued with TA's trial - not a shred of credible of evidence was presented to back her monstrous accusations. Yet, for me, as much as I loathe Arias - she did take the stand. Albeit, to lie her way out of an inescapable corner. Anthony relied simply on her smoke and mirrors defense. Nurmi and Wilmott tried to present their client for the jury to judge. Big mistake but at least the jury got to see her wickedness in full flow.

After CNN & HLN packed & split from Phoenix, I was curious to see whether the noon Headline show with Joey Jackson would take up the subject of the Arias retrial. It is based in Atlanta. The show did not lead with Arias but 15 to 20 minutes in, Mike G. discussed the press shut-out and the media intervention. BTW, intervention is actually a broad term, just as it is in non-legal subject matter. An intervenor can come in joining either party or demanding something adverse to both. You can see how this would serve court economy: you have a cause & you join an action rather than launching a whole new lawsuit with all that entails. The media attorneys did a terrific job protesting this secrecy, this afternoon, don't you think?

Nurmi bores me. The defense has been a disaster and deserves criticism and mockery. Yet defense lawyers are needed because innocent people are accused of crimes. Innocent people are also accused of the most despicable crimes. As distasteful as I find Nurmi's approach, I have to ask how much of it has been driven by his repulsive, murdering client? He has tried to remove himself from the case and failed. My contempt is reserved for psychopathic murderer, Arias. I focus as much of that as possible on her - not JSS or the defense team. The flaws in the legal system need tackling but until they are, the system has to be followed. After the trial, I'd like to hear what the family and frends of Travis Alexander think of Nurmi and JSS. I agree that the loved ones of victims deserve more consideration and involvement in changing the system in some key ways. Their views are the ones that really matter.

I wonder.... is this jury informed of how many times Nurmi tried to get off the case? AND... that Nurmi himself said he doesn't like JA?

What could she offer after she was impeached in the guilt phase? I don't see Juan letting her get by easy this time either.

Although ALV was impeached, rightly mocked and loathed for her biased testimony, she possibly is a mitigation witness choice. I agree that JM would demolish her but that idiotic jury foreman provides a potential clue here. He has met with the defense team, yes? He advised them that Arias harmed her case but he seemed influenced by ALV's testimony relating to abuse. If that saved her neck last time, why not employ it once more? I'm not sure that ALV would need court clearance or warrant it. She may be claiming Post Juan Traumatic Stress Disorder, blah blah blah. I wouldn't put that past her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx