Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6- Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet the DT is going to ask for a mistrial if the "secret" witness is CMJA. OMG everyone found out and its all over the news. She cant get a fair trial and she is in "fear" for her life. I am guessing she is "in fear" for her life. She is facing the death penalty DUH!

BBM
LOL... so true!!!

Ah! Jodi already had a fair trial. She was found Guilty! isn't this trial the sentencing faze?

I'm ok with a death, LWOP, or 60 years! As long as she is in prison a long long time...

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 5m5 minutes ago
Fox10 in Phx reports the "secret" witness in #JodiArias court Thu was...JODI ARIAS. We closed the court for that? She felt intimidated? WTF?

Anyone remember how after her arrest there was going to be a Pre-Paid Legal meeting, I believe it was, and she sent instructions that no should be talking about her killing Travis because she was not convicted yet? I know it went something like that.

So now does that makes sense that this could, indeed, by Jodi on the stand. She thinks she has the right to control other peoples thoughts about her. jmo

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 2m2 minutes ago
So the media & public were booted from the court to "protect" a witness who turned out to be #JodiArias? Hey judge...
gun guy.jpg

Just a little FYI

I just noticed at the bottom of the page we can see who is logged in. I am NOT actually sitting here logged in 24 hours a day, I just always have this page open on my iPad and hit refresh when I get here. LOL

After the judges rulings this week, I'm not sure I can continue to share your confidence that the judge will rule LWOP. I've lost all faith.

I have always maintained a "fence" position when it came to passing any judgment on Judge Stephens. However, if this "secret witness"-- who demanded and actually succeeded in bringing about the unconstitutional act of barring the public and press from being witness to the trial in a death penalty case--turns out to be the convicted murder JA, I will not only loose my faith in Judge Stephens but will be convinced that she is not appropriate to preside over a death penalty case.

And honestly, this is a very difficult determination for me to come to given my confidence and trust in the justice system and it's officers, but common sense and my staunch belief in the US Constitution would leave me no alternative but to come to this conclusion.

Just a little FYI

I just noticed at the bottom of the page we can see who is logged in. I am NOT actually sitting here logged in 24 hours a day, I just always have this page open on my iPad and hit refresh when I get here. LOL

LOL,I guess it's seems that way, but today was an interesting day. I opted to multitask between trickortreaters and dinner time as I couldn't read tweets regarding the hearing, but thanks to all that posted them on here I was able to keep up, my husband and teenagers came to the rescue after dinner, and I am still here, lol.

I must be a very mean person! because if I was the judge I would have stood my ground with the court room is paid and opened to the public. and if cameras are allowed in the court the witness face (who testifies) will be blocked from view. I would not allow someone to dictate to me that they refuse to testify unless the court is clear out.. I would say ok don't testify.. your choice.. The name of this trial should be "Jodi's long Drag" or the "Devil's drag" JMO

Just rewatched Yreka jailhouse nterrogation tape where JA draws a pseudo map of her road trip and my admiration of Det. Flores' patience and skill in handling her nonsense is once again renewed and strengthened. Wish there was such a great LE person on all of the heinous cases we hear about all too often. Between Mr Martinez and Det. Flores, this tragic case should have been a slam dunk six years ago. Praying for a just verdict so the Alexander children can lay a wreath of peace on their brother's grave this Christmas..

I was thinking about the VIS (victim impact statements) from yesterday and I realized why I felt so disturbed.

It's not just the sadness of the case, which is certainly very, very sad and tragic. But it's what the 2 Alexander siblings reported during their allocutions: that their lives are ruined and the entire family is ruined and has been since Travis died.

This is not what Travis would want for his family. This is far beyond grieving. This gives the evil killer so much more power and the family has gotten caught in the cycle of it. Yes I know the delay in getting this case completed only adds mightily to the pain. But the family knows, absolutely knows, Arias is going to prison for the rest of her life. She may be on death row as well, but for certain she will never be free.

There's something fundamentally unhealthy happening and I wish that family could get the kind of help they so clearly need. I know one doesn't ever just 'get over' the violent murder of a loved one and closure is a fantasy, but there has to be help available somewhere and there have to be ways of coping that can bring some modicum of peace. The PTSD, the feelings of not wanting to live anymore, the deep depressions lasting many years, the breakup of marriages, the cycle just keeps going on and on and it almost seems like it's gotten worse as time goes on. That's what struck me hearing the words of Tanisha and then Steven.

Anyway, that's what resonated with me after thinking about yesterday's court session. Somebody please, please get that family some help. Allowing Arias to destroy an entire family gives the killer so much power and for what? Can Travis' shining spirit not be felt by his family? Do they not feel enveloped in his love? Sad, terribly sad.

and was hoping AZL was around but now see she already addressed it. I totally agree with her. A no brainer. A defendant testifying can't make these demands. I've never even heard such a thing suggested before. It's beyond absurd. A defendant has the right "to remain silent", to not testify. But if they testify, there ain't no special arrangements. And a convicted murderer? I can't even fathom a reason why their testimony would be treated as in some way "special". A jury has already found her to be a big fat liar with their verdicts. What could possibly cause her trial to be unfair if she testified publicly?

I just really can't wait to see the legal documentation of this defense motion and opposition and decision by the judge. There's gotts be some creative legal argument in there.

I just knew I shouldn't come back to this case and I've tried to stay away as I just find it beyond awful for the family. But this kowtowing to a convicted murderer, if true, is just about the most ridiculous thing I could never imagine. A defendent has no such right that I've ever heard of in any of the 50 states.

Also, I would think if it were some issue about not wanting the JA family there, wouldn't they just agree to not be there, since they're there to support her. It's her family and her problem is my opinion! Thank God they have the Victim's rights in AZ to allow the A family to remain. That would have been truly awful if this convicted murderer could have them ordered out.

UGH-why did I start following this again.....

Here's what AZLawyer said about the possibility of the secret witness being CMJA. ...so there must be something very off about JSS allowing this secrecy.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?260898-Retrial-for-Sentencing-of-Jodi-Arias-Day-6&p=11150302#post11150302

Is it possible JSS knew the media would protest and just figured she'd let the appeals court make the decision? Yeah - I just do not understand how DT got away with it.

I'm right here with you. She could argue a semi-legit claim for privacy as she's already been at the rodeo (yet, well I won't go in to my arguments against her arguments). I think she would love a chance to tangle with Martinez again, better prepared. She seems to enjoy opportunities to "debase" men, imo. I wonder if her bladder will hold up this time. Or if she'll get "stalked" while walking in to a busy fast food asian restaurant talking openly about case strategy and get her pic taken. That is, if it's her. I can see her welcome the opportunity to come back, on HER terms and to milk whatever $$$ she feels she deserves now from this case.

Thank you Katie. Men get roasted for stating these facts...

Nicole Goodman Esq ‏@msesquirette 10m10 minutes ago
#JodiArias If not reversed on appeal, the precedence and effect this will have will make the Constitution a JOKE

Nicole Goodman Esq ‏@msesquirette 12m12 minutes ago
#JodiArias Fingers crossed that the Appellate Court will reverse such an insane and nonsensical ruling from JSS. Unbelievable and Unreal

I haven't read the last page of posts yet, so I hope this is still up for discussion. just saw the AZ news report with a bit of Beth, and they are reporting it to be JA. I still don't think so ---- haven't they (DT) indicated this witness can only testify now, can't come at a later date? I am sooooo confused?

Yes, the business about the witness only being available now and not being able to call witnesses out of order makes it almost impossible to think it could be the killer herself. Also, "Jodi Arias needs this witness" was bleated by Nurmi to the judge. And what about the witness refusing to testify unless it is in private.

None of that washes with the secret witness being Killer Arias. Someone is pulling someone else's chain, because IMO if the judge granted the defense's wishes for a secret witness and that witness turns out to be the convicted killer, then Her Honor should step down due to loss of mental faculties.

ask away, but I'm not a trial atty so don't expect too much! That's if it's a legal question of course. Now, if you want to know how much Halloween candy I ate....

Since you are here can I ask you a question Boytwnmom?

ask away, but I'm not a trial atty so don't expect too much! That's if it's a legal question of course. Now, if you want to know how much Halloween candy I ate....

Well I will give it a shot. Could JA claim, among her many other alleged victimizations, that she was sexually abused by her father thus allowing her special consideration such as a rape victim would receive? I actually feel like I am insulting my own intelligence asking this and feel like I am grasping at straw lol, but I CANNOT find a reasonable explanation as to how, if it is indeed JA testifying in secret court proceedings, the Judge can defend this unprecedented decision. I also find it hard to believe that, albeit to a much lesser degreee, Troy, Jeff and Erik would report that it is JA if they didn't trust the sources. Thanks

Good grief...I need a cigarette. And I don't smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx