Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They wouldn't specifically request to remove the Arias family for her. And Alice would be stupid to go back for more of what Juan gave her.
If not Jodi, I'm leaning towards one of her family members.

I'm starting to lean that way as well maybe her half sister from Hollister. The convicted murderer prolly conned her into lying for her JMHO.

May I also add that in this case of apparent unconstitutionality of this ruling, if Arias wins in terms of avoiding the DP, the State would not be able to appeal on this. If this unconstitutional ruling helped the State and she lost, she could possibly gain a new trial over it.

Fair?

No.

The state can appeal things by special action before the end of the trial. And so can the media, if there's a freedom of press issue. Based on the tweets, it sounds like the media is moving forward with a special action right now.

I think Parker the Bishop is a great guess, because sealing the courtroom to protect privileged confidences actually makes some kind of sense.

Also, as I recall, Bishop Parker made it clear he was a very reluctant witness. Maybe he is the mysterious elderly gentleman Nurmi shook hands with a thousand years ago earlier today.

Jeff Gold is right with you here.

The state can appeal things by special action before the end of the trial. And so can the media, if there's a freedom of press issue. Based on the tweets, it sounds like the media is moving forward with a special action right now.

I guess I'm referring to after verdict/sentencing.

I give up on guessing. If not CMJA, Auntie Sue, an expert witness, or the Bishop, I can't imagine who has been produced out of thin air or why this person is allowed to dictate conditions to the court.

Jeff Gold is right with you here.

And I think the bishop theory is the best one too...EXCEPT for the part about concealing the identity of the witness. It doesn't fit with that ruling at all. In fact, JSS would desperately want to reveal the identity of the witness so her ruling would make some sense to court-watchers. ;)

I'm not convinced the family was removed because family is testifying. I think the witnesd id clearing out anyone who doesn't legally have the right to be there.

And I think the bishop theory is the best one too...EXCEPT for the part about concealing the identity of the witness. It doesn't fit with that ruling at all. In fact, JSS would desperately want to reveal the identity of the witness so her ruling would make some sense to court-watchers. ;)

Maybe the witness told her she wasn't allowed to release his name.

I'm not convinced the family was removed because family is testifying. I think the witnesd id clearing out anyone who doesn't legally have the right to be there.

Except that the media has the legal right to be there. And so does the public for that matter. It has to be something very serious IMO. I hope we eventually get to know, because so far this is not conducive to confidence in the justice system.

I give up on guessing. If not CMJA, Auntie Sue, an expert witness, or the Bishop, I can't imagine who has been produced out of thin air or why this person is allowed to dictate conditions to the court.

I think this Witness is "Harvey - the 6' Rabbit"

I don't think so. I said earlier that she self-imploded in front of all of us with her nonsense after her first day of testimony in the trial. Her answers to Juan's cross were truly strange. We here had her number early on and I have a feeling the original jury did as well.

I would give it, in deference to your far superior knowledge of the trial, that she may have been convinced to give it a second try.

Quien sabe?

Not to defend her or anything, but one of the impressions I got from her was that she was being very careful to testify only to information that the DT had given her, and that what they gave her was just the tip of the iceberg. This is what I was thinking during all her "I see no evidence of ______" comments. Maybe the DT simply hadn't shown her the evidence. (After all, why would they?)

In Alyce's case, part of her testimony was based on her own interactions with Jodi... and Jodi clearly had ALV wrapped around her little talon right from the get-go. Major fail by Alyce in that regard. But... part of her testimony was also based on information given to her by the DT. As a witness, is she required to limit the scope of that part of her testimony to what the DT told her?

There is no way it was JA. I just don't buy that. She wants as much camera time as she can get. I bet it chaps her arse that she is not being shown on the news nightly. And for that reason alone, I am thrilled it is not live.. But I think that TA deserves public justice. This act that was done to him was inhumane. It stripped him of his life and his dignity. He has been lied about, drug through the mud openly..

UGH.. I need a break, Im getting ticked.. Off to wash dishes angrily..

WOW ...

Here are some snippets from AZ Central :

A new low: judge locks public out of Jodi Arias trial

This, despite state law and court rules that say she couldn't do what she did.

Arizona: meet the star chamber. In all my years of watching trials, I have never seen a judge lock the public out of the courtroom during a trial. I suppose if it was destined to happen that it would be this judge, the queen overreaction, not to mention secrecy.

Stephens already tried to cut off the use of any electronic devices in her courtroom during the trial -- a move that was trumped by new court rules that went into effect in January. She already has imposed a video blackout of the trial, blocking the broadcast of even brief snippets on the evening news, for reasons that are sealed in court records.

More at Link: http://www.azcentral.com/story/laur...dge-locks-public-out-of-arias-trial/18201641/

I think Mr. Parker may be the mystery witness. I had read that he was the Bishop of the Riverside, Ca. ward where TA and Deanna Reeves attended. Deanna Reeves testified that she and TA confessed their affair to their Bishop, who was probably Parker. He might want to keep details as confidential as possible, so closed court. Just speculating. MOO MOO
I agree with you.

Maybe the witness told her she wasn't allowed to release his name.

Witnesses don't get to "tell" these things. I just don't get it. Even if it was an out-of-country witness, once they were sitting there in JSS's courtroom, she could compel them to testify IMO without caving to any extortion demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l