Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This same "stuff" being presented by ALV reincarnate, and all the other "stuff" being shoved down the jurors throats is the same "stuff" that found JA guilty of premeditated murder. This jury already knows she is guilty, because this is obviously the sentencing phase. This "stuff" did not work the first time around, with regard to her guilty charge, and will not work this time around. The defense strategy is to blame the victim. Way too defensive and excuse making. Smells way too defensive and I am going to give the jury the benefit of the doubt that they have somewhat "of a brain" to know that this defendant will and is going to extreme to avoid the death penalty. I know, and so do most, what it is to be defensive, this is a very defensive defense and they are going to sicken the jurors with it. All "they" have are people trying to imagine, event or guess as to what really went on in a relationship that only Jodi and Travis really experienced, and trying to guess what email messages could have or should have or did mean. Jodi, as much as she has tried to tarnish Travis's reputation, is the only living one to tell the story, come on, total disadvantage for Travis. I do not think the jury will miss this. What I think the jury will see is the savageness of the killing by an adult woman who clearly was "dissed" and wanted revenge. Anyway, that is only my opinion and what I hope happens when it is all said and done. I do know that I cannot read the jurors minds just as ALV reincarnate cannot read Travis's or the Hughes or anyone else's mind with regard to what emails meant. I think Juan will most definitely bring any jurors that may have strayed into la la land over exhaustion from the Arias camp back down to earth. This was a brutal murder of a great person, Juan will show that. Juan has class and stands out, the jury will hear him and believe him. MOO

This same "stuff" being presented by ALV reincarnate, and all the other "stuff" being shoved down the jurors throats is the same "stuff" that found JA guilty of premeditated murder. This jury already knows she is guilty, because this is obviously the sentencing phase. This "stuff" did not work the first time around, with regard to her guilty charge, and will not work this time around. The defense strategy is to blame the victim. Way too defensive and excuse making. Smells way too defensive and I am going to give the jury the benefit of the doubt that they have somewhat "of a brain" to know that this defendant will and is going to extreme to avoid the death penalty. I know, and so do most, what it is to be defensive, this is a very defensive defense and they are going to sicken the jurors with it. All "they" have are people trying to imagine, event or guess as to what really went on in a relationship that only Jodi and Travis really experienced, and trying to guess what email messages could have or should have or did mean. Jodi, as much as she has tried to tarnish Travis's reputation, is the only living one to tell the story, come on, total disadvantage for Travis. I do not think the jury will miss this. What I think the jury will see is the savageness of the killing by an adult woman who clearly was "dissed" and wanted revenge. Anyway, that is only my opinion and what I hope happens when it is all said and done. I do know that I cannot read the jurors minds just as ALV reincarnate cannot read Travis's or the Hughes or anyone else's mind with regard to what emails meant. I think Juan will most definitely bring any jurors that may have strayed into la la land over exhaustion from the Arias camp back down to earth. This was a brutal murder of a great person, Juan will show that. Juan has class and stands out, the jury will hear him and believe him. MOO

But it did work in the sentencing phase. Well, what was said in the guilt phase was still in the mind of the select few who wanted to vote for life.

They did that themselves.

JM just turned the light on so they could be seen hurriedly scurrying back under the rug.

To think I was so worried yesterday.. :)
I was picturing the killer in Cancun living off her supporters money. Shivers.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 27s28 seconds ago
Expert says Travis felt open with #jodiarias but became more closeted the more involved they became. #3tvarias

Uh, yeah, cause the psycho came out of its closet!

Okay, so where does 'messing around' fit in?

Somewhere in between the Cinnabons?

Sitting in Chicos waiting for friend to finish trying on a gazillion things ...and burst out laughing ROFL

:D
Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

But it did work in the sentencing phase. Well, what was said in the guilt phase was still in the mind of the select few who wanted to vote for life.

With that stealth foreman, it wouldn't matter what was said, or not said, IMO. He had his mind up on sentencing from the get-go. I'm sure some of the DP voters have had a quiet chat with Juan on what struck them, and he will adapt accordingly.

I know some things about how that (total lack of) deliberations went down. It really wasn't the split it appears. Let me just put it this way. If you were an elderly person charged with the decision for someone's life and facing down your own mortality and you knew, there was zero chance whatsoever that the death penalty would be imposed due to ONE person on the panel refusing to deliberate and you thought "what the heck, I don't want my hands dirty with a legacy potentially putting someone to death and my vote is meaningless anyway" might you consider just switching for your own peace of mind maybe? Or could you imagine someone or 3 someone's possibly doing something like that? I can.

Let's say Travis was the biggest arse to women and that it's all true -- he was a player and manipulator and a user. Okay concede that.

The defense still has to get the jury to think it was somehow okay or understandable for Jodi to plan and execute a murder of Travis. She went to him, she pre-planned, she carried it out, she showed clear consciousness of guilt, and while she has a personality disorder and might be mentally ill, she absolutely knows right from wrong, knew it on that day, and was convicted of first degree murder.

So even if one dislikes the victim in the case, what gave her the right to kill him in cold blood? And where does "jealous" and "stalkerific" fall on the mitigation scale? Oh right, no where.

Exactly. I am sure Travis had his faults, I am sure he used her for sex. Unfortunately he won't be the last person to ever use someone for sex. That happens all the time. It doesn't give Jodi the right to slaughter him. The defense is doing everything in their power to spin this and get away from the true evidence. The true evidence tells the entire story. The stabbing started well before the gunshot, the gunshot happened last, the bullet was on top of blood, the stabbings repeatedly were not self defense, they were an outright slaughter.

Sorry, defense attorneys and Arias, you cannot escape the evidence.

B2R6PqpIMAAU-uv.jpg

B2R6UR7IcAA7hXK.jpg

B2R6Ze2IcAAUbN5.jpg

:juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

Exactly. I am sure Travis had his faults, I am sure he used her for sex. Unfortunately he won't be the last person to ever use someone for sex. That happens all the time. It doesn't give Jodi the right to slaughter him. The defense is doing everything in their power to spin this and get away from the true evidence. The true evidence tells the entire story. The stabbing started well before the gunshot, the gunshot happened last, the bullet was on top of blood, the stabbings repeatedly were not self defense, they were an outright slaughter.

Sorry, defense attorneys and Arias, you cannot escape the evidence.

You can't use the willing.

Troy Hayden ‏@troyhaydenfox10 · 5m5 minutes ago
Juan Martinez response to charges of computer tampering in #JodiArias case.
http://tinyurl.com/nwrr57y

View attachment 63390

I remember JSS telling the jury that there was no evidence of Travis abusing Jodi? Can't she make the same statement to the jury regarding this? it sure would make the defense look slimy and trying to pull something that wasn't true.

Just read the motion. I don't know why I was thinking Melendez said Travis' computer had no viruses. They found viruses on his computer on June 11, 2008, way back in the beginning. Bingo.

Also, the computer did have an anti-malware program that detected viruses. Still thinking this was the cause of the deletions.

I know some things about how that (total lack of) deliberations went down. It really wasn't the split it appears. Let me just put it this way. If you were an elderly person charged with the decision for someone's life and facing down your own mortality and you knew, there was zero chance whatsoever that the death penalty would be imposed due to ONE person on the panel refusing to deliberate and you thought "what the heck, I don't want my hands dirty with a legacy potentially putting someone to death and my vote is meaningless anyway" might you consider just switching for your own peace of mind maybe? Or could you imagine someone or 3 someone's possibly doing something like that? I can.

The thing is, I can't see that...because those folks should never have been impaneled.

I am sure he wanted her for the sex but I'm also sure she wanted him to need her for the sex. It was the one thing that only she could give him - kinky sex. And that, gave her more power over him than he ever had over her.

IMO this email from Sky was sent to Travis the Mormon, who was supposed to be looking for a woman to marry based on teachings of his faith. That's why Chris and Sky got involved in Travis's private life in the first place--because they saw him with JA, someone they thought was not right for him, when they felt at his age he should be looking for "the one." All IMO...but it does put their "meddling" into perspective, and if it is not in perspective it can be misunderstood...which is what the DT wants the jury to do--misunderstand the Hughes's message to TA. IMO.

I think this comment is spot on. It requires someone to walk in another's cultural/religious (not fanatical) shoes. The DT is presenting it as something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pbarch