Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I also remember they were very upset with Nurmi et al for taking their emails and using them out of context to trash Travis.

Very!

I also remember Chris saying something to the effect of he wishes the state would just call him so he could explain.

Maybe he was hoping to get a gig in round 2 as a paid consultant for the DT.

I don't know if he got paid to do it but yes the foreman met with the defense to give advice on this last round. Which is probably why the physical abuse claims are taking a back seat to the emotional and sexual abuse claims.

And I also remember they were very upset with Nurmi et al for taking their emails and using them out of context to trash Travis.
Exactly. I'd hate to have someone judge me and not even know me based on little information...context...feelings st the time. Things aren't black and white. I don't care if they told him that stuff or in person -I hate confrontation and I have done things in email....mainly because I knew what a mess things could turn into in person. I'm not big into person to person interaction anyway....sadly all my jobs are with the public so I have to fake it. Regardless they seemed to genuinely care about Travis, even if it seems to come across other ways.

And this was the problem, in my opinion. JA was a kind of throwback. Instead of depending on herself and making her way in the world, she seemed to be looking for a male to the exclusion of that. It's like something from two generations back. It's tragic. Notice that even the young Mormon women who testified, who were encouraged to marry at a relatively young age, had careers. They had interests other than men and weren't centered on the nice house, car, and money. (I'm not at all convinced that Travis was rolling in dough, but that's another conversation, and JA would not understand it.)

I don't think she's a throw back , nor do I find anything about her or her choices tragic. For whatever reason- and I don't care why- she simply feels incredibly entitled. Like she should just be given whatever it is she wants, and if its not given, its fine to take it because she deserves it.

She couldn't be bothered to hold down any of her msny waitressing job for longer than a few months at a time. That's just plain lazy, imo.

The foremen was for sure a stealth juror. I think we should all just be grateful he voted for first degree murder because I think definitely could have refused to vote for 1st degree.

I'd like to know if he tried to argue against it initially.

I would not be shocked if he did. The foreman did not have too high a regard for Travis and did not feel he was a true victim. Which boggles my mind because Travis was in no way perfect but he most certainly did not deserve to leave this life the way he did. He was slaughtered and IMO is still being slaughtered daily.

I bet he didn't have the guts. He knew he was completely outnumbered and he had zero logic or evidence to support his position. Same when they voted extreme cruelty.

I've always thought that he held his tongue til sentencing phase, where subjective and individual opinions and thoughts were allowed to carry the day.

And then, outed himself as never DP, no matter what, knowing he'd hang the jury and thinking a hung jury would mean JSS giving her LWOP.

Random thought...
You know what I love about JM, he doesn't mince words. He gets right to the point. His motion was a thing of beauty- short and sweet.

Idk, based on what the one juror said, Diane, I think her name was, I think he did try and argue against first degree murder at first. She said the deliberation was pretty heated for a bit and "some" thought there was abuse. But they got there and I'm so grateful!

Idk, based on what the one juror said, Diane, I think her name was, I think he did try and argue against first degree murder at first. She said the deliberation was pretty heated for a bit and "some" thought there was abuse. But they got there and I'm so grateful!

Was that guilt phase too? I remember her talking mostly about penalty phase. Emotionally exhausting , with battles and tears.

Was that guilt phase too? I remember her talking mostly about penalty phase. Emotionally exhausting , with battles and tears.

I remember it was on Snapped when I heard this and I'm pretty sure she was also talking about the guilt phase.

I would not be shocked if he did. The foreman did not have too high a regard for Travis and did not feel he was a true victim. Which boggles my mind because Travis was in no way perfect but he most certainly did not deserve to leave this life the way he did. He was slaughtered and IMO is still being slaughtered daily.

I always wondered if the foreman was the one who asked tiger/bear question to Dr DeMarte. I did not like that question at all because it presupposes JA actually being attacked either by tiger or bear. This not-so-bright person believed JA was attacked first by Travis.

I remember it was on Snapped when I heard this and I'm pretty sure she was also talking about the guilt phase.

Idk. Just skimmed through her print interviews again. Forgot about Mr. Foreman 's extreme hostility towards JM. Called him "merciless" and felt JM talked down to him. Emphasis on HIM. Tiger question almost certainly was his, imo.

Idk. Just skimmed through her print interviews again. Forgot about Mr. Foreman 's extreme hostility towards JM. Called him "merciless" and felt JM talked down to him. Emphasis on HIM. Tiger question almost certainly was his, imo.

For sure it was! Lining up his foreman signature witht the handwriting of some of the published questions and he was the one asking the questions that worried us the most. For instance, I also believe he asked the damn breaking question. He like working in hypotheticals and metaphors lol. So we knew it was coming from one person because of the style of questioning.

Random thought...
You know what I love about JM, he doesn't mince words. He gets right to the point. His motion was a thing of beauty- short and sweet.

I could almost picture him laughing while writing it, knowing he has all the power.

I just have to share that I'm smiling at the fact that I just tweeted to one of the more rabid Arias supporters on twitter who goes by the name fentonlawless #byefelicia

I've been waiting for the perfect time to use that hashtag for the first time and there it was. That just totally made my day. :D

Do you think that this expert was the one Nurmi wanted to hide from the public? He wants to not have he and Wilmont representation in this case scrutinized till kingdom come, and this is the best that they can get?

Hmmm, in looking for more info on Miccio - Fonseca I see that the California Professsional School of Psychological Studies is at Alliant University and that brings us to Dr. Robert "I was doing so good" Geffner. Or as Alyce calls him Bob.

The Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma (IVAT) strives to be a comprehensive resource, training and research center dealing with all aspects of violence, abuse and trauma. IVAT interfaces with Alliant International University’s academic schools and centers, which provide resource support and educational training. Through a focus on collaborations with various partnering organizations, IVAT desires to bridge gaps and help improve current systems of care on a local, national, and global level.
Our History

IVAT was founded in July 2005, when the nationally acclaimed Family Violence and Sexual Assault Institute (FVSAI) joined Alliant International University.

The Family Violence and Sexual Assault Institute, which is now one of the centers within IVAT, was founded in 1984 in Texas by Robert Geffner, Ph.D. FVSAI was established to address the need for a national resource and training center that focused directly on family violence issues.

In 1991, FVSAI became a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization to deal with sexual assault issues and gradually expanded its scope to include child, teen, and elder maltreatment. In 1999, FVSAI relocated to San Diego, CA, where it became affiliated with the California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP), which merged with United States International University, becoming Alliant International University. CSPP is now a school within Alliant International University.

and Alyce give Bob a pat on the back on her website;

Perhaps we should examine what we are talking about. Bob Geffner and Alan Rosenbaum did a good job of differentiating between aggression and abuse in their new book.
"Aggression is an action, abuse is a dynamic. Partners may be mutually aggressive, and the evidence suggests that they are, but they are rarely mutually abusive. Women may hit their male partners, but infrequently batter them, because battering or abuse includes a pattern of coercion, intimidation and control, which is less frequently present in female-to-male aggression." (Domestic Violence Offenders, Geffner and Rosenbaum, 2001, p. 2.) Johnston (1995) postulated a continuum of spouse assault anchored on the "low end" by common couple ag*gression and on the high end by patriarchal terrorism.
Common couple aggression may include relatively infrequent, non-injurious behavior that can occur in many intimate relationships. It may or may not be mutual, does not victimize the partners and does not create a mood of fear, oppression and control.
Patriarchal terrorism includes a pattern of physically and/or psychologically abusive behaviors, including threats, assaults, isolation, humiliation, etc. This violent behavior is controlling and produces fear as well as injury to the body and spirit. This is weighted to the man being the abuser

Robert Geffner , Alyce LaViolette , and Miccio-Fonseca do you see a commonality here?

Do you think that this expert was the one Nurmi wanted to hide from the public? He wants to not have he and Wilmont representation in this case scrutinized till kingdom come, and this is the best that they can get?

Hmmm, in looking for more info on Miccio - Fonseca I see that the California Professsional School of Psychological Studies is at Alliant University and that brings us to Dr. Robert "I was doing so good" Geffner. Or as Alyce calls him Bob.

The Institute on Violence, Abuse and Trauma (IVAT) strives to be a comprehensive resource, training and research center dealing with all aspects of violence, abuse and trauma. IVAT interfaces with Alliant International University’s academic schools and centers, which provide resource support and educational training. Through a focus on collaborations with various partnering organizations, IVAT desires to bridge gaps and help improve current systems of care on a local, national, and global level.
Our History

IVAT was founded in July 2005, when the nationally acclaimed Family Violence and Sexual Assault Institute (FVSAI) joined Alliant International University.

The Family Violence and Sexual Assault Institute, which is now one of the centers within IVAT, was founded in 1984 in Texas by Robert Geffner, Ph.D. FVSAI was established to address the need for a national resource and training center that focused directly on family violence issues.

In 1991, FVSAI became a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization to deal with sexual assault issues and gradually expanded its scope to include child, teen, and elder maltreatment. In 1999, FVSAI relocated to San Diego, CA, where it became affiliated with the California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP), which merged with United States International University, becoming Alliant International University. CSPP is now a school within Alliant International University.

and Alyce give Bob a pat on the back on her website;

Perhaps we should examine what we are talking about. Bob Geffner and Alan Rosenbaum did a good job of differentiating between aggression and abuse in their new book.
"Aggression is an action, abuse is a dynamic. Partners may be mutually aggressive, and the evidence suggests that they are, but they are rarely mutually abusive. Women may hit their male partners, but infrequently batter them, because battering or abuse includes a pattern of coercion, intimidation and control, which is less frequently present in female-to-male aggression." (Domestic Violence Offenders, Geffner and Rosenbaum, 2001, p. 2.) Johnston (1995) postulated a continuum of spouse assault anchored on the "low end" by common couple ag*gression and on the high end by patriarchal terrorism.
Common couple aggression may include relatively infrequent, non-injurious behavior that can occur in many intimate relationships. It may or may not be mutual, does not victimize the partners and does not create a mood of fear, oppression and control.
Patriarchal terrorism includes a pattern of physically and/or psychologically abusive behaviors, including threats, assaults, isolation, humiliation, etc. This violent behavior is controlling and produces fear as well as injury to the body and spirit. This is weighted to the man being the abuser

Robert Geffner , Alyce LaViolette , and Miccio-Fonseca do you see a commonality here?

None of this appears to address, at all, the specific dysfunction and devastation involved with sociopathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay