*REVISIT* Does Anyone Feel Sad for Casey? Or Family Members?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have empathy for a lot of people in this world, but the Anthony's are not one of them. So my answer is, NO!

Empathy is best felt for someone you're relating to. None of the Anthony's have been easy for me to relate to; nor have their actions. I'd feel empathy, but it started getting crowded out by doubts and suspcions. Confused, do any of these people ever tell the truth? Pretty soon, I was feeling like a fool trying to believe their many versions of truth. I don't know where my empathy went. Now days, I just feel like glaring at all four Anthony's.

I have empathy for each of these people- I "get" in a very real way exactly how people end up with such dysfunctional coping methods. My mother would be running around pulling a Cindy- I empathize with 'em just fine. But I do not, can not and will not ever sympathize with the situation they put themselves in after Caylee went missing. My empathy toward them allows me to have hope that one day they will get the help they so need and begin changing their lives. My empathy would make it so I could look past their past behaviors if they decided to help themselves. My ability to empathize with them is what keeps me aware of the fact that they are not "evil", only sick.. very, very sick. My empathy for them is the only thing that keeps me from hating them regardless of how they act.

CAN YOU RELATE OR HAVE EMPATHY FOR ANYONE IN ANTHONY FAMILY?

i sometimes wonder if anyone of us have ever felt that if this happened in our family, we would act in a certain way - the same or different? i have seen cindy on tv and in person. in person she seems very petite, small boned. delicate features. very pretty in fact. i have talked with her and seen her eyes tear up as mine did too. we spoke face to face and i was holding her hand before court hearing. in beginning of case we all saw her on tv as more heavy set, rougher , dragging a water hose or base ball bat in front of protesters. the woman i saw in person did not seem to be the same . SHE SEEMED FRAGILE, she had an inner strenght, she was determined in hoping the truth comes out i feel. if truth hurt anyone she loved i do not know how she felt about it. i could see myself and identify with cindy the most. i would be a bitc-- on wheels if i needed to protect my family from outsiders in front of my home. i would b e on tv shows to say what i hoped would find my grandbaby, . would i lie to protect my kid ? i do not know to what extent a tragic event would change me. i am not type to lie but if i thought someone i loved was guilty of murder i may crack up. i do not relate much to lee ,not casey at all!. i do relate to george as i feel he is devastated the most along with cindy. i could only hope i never have to know how tragic things could change me. i would fight like a tiger to protect my family .
Nope, not a shred of empathy. Nada.

I do sympathize and empathize with CA. Thank God, I've never been faced with my child doing something as atrocious as murdering my grandchild. However, I do know what it's like to be the only one in the world who would try to understand and explain his stupidity at times. I particularly feel deep sympathy for CA because I know the depth of love for that unexpected grandchild who instantly becomes the dearest person in your world. I would also be feeling tremendous guilt for having not seen the true danger my child presented. I don't know how she lives with that and I think it's probably why she comes off as being so arrogant. She has no defense so she employs a strong offense. I don't think she cares what people think of her at this point...I think she is in a mode to salvage what she can of her family, whatever the cost. She has already lost the single most important person in her life.

CAN YOU RELATE OR HAVE EMPATHY FOR ANYONE IN ANTHONY FAMILY?

i sometimes wonder if anyone of us have ever felt that if this happened in our family, we would act in a certain way - the same or different? i have seen cindy on tv and in person. in person she seems very petite, small boned. delicate features. very pretty in fact. i have talked with her and seen her eyes tear up as mine did too. we spoke face to face and i was holding her hand before court hearing. in beginning of case we all saw her on tv as more heavy set, rougher , dragging a water hose or base ball bat in front of protesters. the woman i saw in person did not seem to be the same . SHE SEEMED FRAGILE, she had an inner strenght, she was determined in hoping the truth comes out i feel. if truth hurt anyone she loved i do not know how she felt about it. i could see myself and identify with cindy the most. i would be a bitc-- on wheels if i needed to protect my family from outsiders in front of my home. i would b e on tv shows to say what i hoped would find my grandbaby, . would i lie to protect my kid ? i do not know to what extent a tragic event would change me. i am not type to lie but if i thought someone i loved was guilty of murder i may crack up. i do not relate much to lee ,not casey at all!. i do relate to george as i feel he is devastated the most along with cindy. i could only hope i never have to know how tragic things could change me. i would fight like a tiger to protect my family .

When I first heard CA on the infamous 911 call, my heart was shattered for her. I heard the torment, the anguish, the fear and pain she was feeling...however, that quickly dissipated when she became hostile and contrary...when she turned her death in the damn car to rotting pizza, I felt from there, this will all go downhill..

I understand protecting your family, for I'm a biatch on wheels if someone messes with me or mine but she brought that on herself by doing what she did. As the months passed, we saw though the media, the more they pushed that Caylee was deceased (human decomp in trunk) the harder she pushed for Caylee is alive. Baez fought that gag order (although it wouldn't have been on the grandparents) it was, IMO, him getting CA to do all these false Caylee sightings. They had the kidnapper under surveillance, Caylee was being moved every couple of days. GA was to get his LE friends (Ohio) for this "covert operation" and get Caylee..

CA has become very silent, what you see now is the persona she wants to show. Remember her viciousness, remember the leeches, maggots and parasites, remember everyone get off your arses and look for Caylee, this to me, seems like a forced personality, very far from WHO she truly is..I have zero empahty or sympahty since they have never spoke up for Caylee. Her silence now is deafening but bet your sweet heart, once ICA goes to trial, we will see the real CA once again.

This family could have been held dear in everyone's heart, had she stood side by side with LE, said, we don't know what happened to Caylee but if it is found, my daughter had something to do with his, I want her to know, I love her, I still support her but she must tell the truth and face her conseqences..not go along with her lies, not cover for her, not give incorrect evidence to the FBI, not tamper with evidence/witnessess, etc..they have broken many laws, are placing innocent people as the one who harmed Caylee and feel they are above the law, which is what I dispise in them..they have turned their backs on Caylee and that is unforgivable, IMO..:furious:

Justice for Caylee

I cannot say I relate to the Anthony's but I definitely have empathy for them....I would not be them for the world, to be honest.

I can empathize with the terrified little murdered girl. Caylee grew up with all the material goods a toddler could ever want, but had no playmates or the fierce love that would require her grandparents and uncle to defend her in death.
I guess if I redirected my energies I could find empathy in my heart for the A's. I don't chose to. I'm (we're) all just maggots per CA. Maggot is too good a word to describe what I feel about her so.......
I guess my answer to the question is no.

No I cannot empathize with any of the Anthonys on Hopespring Drive.

Meeting Cindy in person would certainly not change my mind either.

My empathy goes to all those who these Anthonys have purposely tried to blame for their daughter's horrible deed.

My empathy goes to Tim Miller who was threatened by this woman to not mess with her family.

My empathy goes to all those who have lost loved ones before and since this murder and yet have gone back to work and are doing their best to survive.

At the very beginning I felt something for the Anthony's..seeing all those pictures of Caylee showed either they loved her to death or she was just a object to show off, but that doesn't make sense , since poor Caylee never had any little friends..an the Anthony's it seems don't either.

Their actions after the 911 showed what kind of people they are and it wasn't nice..

SO NO!!!!! Empathy here, until they stand behind Caylee which will never happen..

I think most of the posters here are a good judge of character an their remarks prove it..The Anthony's have NO Character.

I find it difficult to judge this family. They are in the midst of grieving and also in fear of losing their child. Most of what they do is reaction. Many try to apply common sense and logic to their actions, but they are grieving and in fear. I just can't do that. I look back to the first time I lost someone in my family (Grandfather) and how I acted vs being older and having much experience with the loss of loved ones. I acted differently in each loss. Common sense and logic does not always apply. BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER. We are still in the gray area where we do not know the whole truth of what happened. They may yet have to endure another tragedy (the loss of their only daughter), and I can't even relate to that at all. I have deep concern for this family and the message we are sending to the world as we punish the family even more by executing their daughter. I don't know what to call it that I feel because I have not been through what they are going through. I have deep concern from the heart for this family. Moo

i think out of all the posts you bring up the one thing i have said to to others in discussing this case. how do you not torture the family of the alleged accused murderer? i can not imagine living day to day - year gone by already knowing my grandbaby is dead i loved. then knowing my daughter may be killed by death penalty or in jail for life or less? how much pain can a mom and dad have when they lost one already and fear the next will be dead too. if they know shes guilty it must hurt more. how can the daughter they love and is part of them be a cold blooded evil person who killed on purpose the one baby they loved? how can they hate and love their daughter at same time perhaps. most of us can not imagine how we would feel if we were in this nightmere i bet. we can all say i would never act like that- maybe we would not. can you honestly say if someone called you in ten minutes from reading this and said we found someone in your family dead and another in your family killed the one you have been loving all your life- you would be normal? that 911 call says it all-- she was beginning to know that loved ones in her home were not ever going to be what she thought would be a family without heartache.

I can say without a single doubt in my mind that I would never act the way CA acted (see earlier post containing list of things I would not do that CA did). I would never shake CA's hand nor try to hold a conversation with her. I have no respect for her nor do I want to encourage her "poor me" party (if she ever a poor Caylee party, I'm there!). I am not like this women in anyway. So assuming the past is the best predictor of future, I will not act like her in the future if my daughter has a baby and then kills it. It is a little insulting to even suggest it.

Empathy is best felt for someone you're relating to. None of the Anthony's have been easy for me to relate to; nor have their actions. I'd feel empathy, but it started getting crowded out by doubts and suspcions. Confused, do any of these people ever tell the truth? Pretty soon, I was feeling like a fool trying to believe their many versions of truth. I don't know where my empathy went. Now days, I just feel like glaring at all four Anthony's.

What happened to this family is a Greek tragedy - a beloved child murdered and a beloved daughter accused of the act. I of course feel empathy for the parents. I cannot imagine having to handle such a situation. I'd go crazy, I think.
However, this is, IMO a highly toxic and dysfunctional family. They thus did not react the way most healthy people around the world would, when faced with a tragedy of such epic proportions. They simply did not have the tools to react normally at all, whatever normal is in such a situation. And I think it makes sense that highly dysfunctional families and environments create people like casey anthony or scott peterson, who is also from a crazy family IMO.
The problem is that their dysfunction and toxicity make them so odd and outrageous, that most people simply cannot relate at all. Most people see nothing in the anthonys that resembles themselves in any way, and that makes it almost impossible to empathize.
The opposite is also true. I think many people can relate to the type of family they have, having experienced a family just as bizarre and having suffered as a result. These people can relate but have no sympathy because they are still trying to heal after living in such an unhealthy environment. They cannot empathize because despite relating, they worked hard and succeeded in not becoming like the anthonys, even while being raised with people much like them.
So, you have two groups of people who account for a lot of anger and disbelief when it comes to the anthonys reactions. This makes it very hard to empathize.
I defended these people for a long, long time. I understood, somewhat, how nutty people could react so oddly when faced with something so tragic. I felt sick about what they went through (except perhaps for LA. I don't think he feels much, at all).
But their behavior went from bizarre to enraging. It was the depos that did me in. Now it is hard to feel a sense of pain for them, even though I know I should. And, I am one of the most sympathetic people I know besides my dear mama!
So, bottom line, their strange behavior tended to turn people off and separate the anthonys from many of the rest of society, making it very hard for us to understand them and that they indeed are suffering. I know they are human but I dislike their behavior. It makes me cringe and gets my blood boiling. It's hard to feel for them when I feel that way!

I do have sympathy for Cindy, George, and Lee Anthony.
I feel they know they have lost the most precious thing to ever enter their lives.
They know she suffered greatly. In my opinion, they feel an enormous amount of guilt, knowing they could have protected her. I cannot imagine their grief. My heart breaks for them.

But then, I see them trying to hide the truth. I see them trying to misdirect the public. I see them changing their stories to authorities. I see them making excuses for Casey Anthony.

My sympathy is then precluded by their very literal obstruction of justice.

I can say without a single doubt in my mind that I would never act the way CA acted (see earlier post containing list of things I would not do that CA did). I would never shake CA's hand nor try to hold a conversation with her. I have no respect for her nor do I want to encourage her "poor me" party (if she ever a poor Caylee party, I'm there!). I am not like this women in anyway. So assuming the past is the best predictor of future, I will not act like her in the future if my daughter has a baby and then kills it. It is a little insulting to even suggest it.
I completely agree with you! :clap::clap::clap:I can guarantee without a doubt that I would never act like Cindy. My love for my daughter is conditional- you murder someone, especially my granddaughter- you lose it!

The only time in this entire case that I've felt bad for any of the A's was when Cindy was being interviewed by LE or the FBI (I forget which). In the video, you see her struggling to put the pieces together of what casey had told her about things being clues and 'red flags'. Remember? She was saying how casey had said "look back over everything I've said in the past month and you'll find the answers" or something. It was the interview where she talked on and on about Zanny's car accident, and you can see Cindy trying so hard to figure things out. It made me LOATHE casey for what she'd put her mother through. It was totally pathetic and pitiful. It was so clear that cindy was desparate and aching to make sense of all of casey's lies, and to the rest of the world, the lies were transparent and obvious.

However...

My sympathy faded real fast with their ongoing lies and behaviour, blaming US for caylee not being found, blaming the MEDIA if caylee were found dead, etc etc ad nauseum.

Although none of us can say how we would react in such a crazy situation, I can guarantee that if some such tragedy befell my family, there would be an army of my family and friends all over TV and the streets helping me out, advocating on my behalf, etc regardless of how weird I was behaving. The fact that the A's have ZERO friends speaking out for them or standing by them tells me a LOT about what they're like in 'normal' times.

someone said theirs a fine line between love and hate. i do not know how its blends when you love your grandchild- shes dead now. you love your daughter snd she maybe the very one who killed the one you miss and love. you hate your daughter cause shes a liar, a person who acts so bizare you must have had to want to ask the dear lord how she became one of your kids. do you hate youreself, hate the world, hate your entire family cause someone must have been the blame? do you love your daughter cause you think shes not the killer but silently you fear she is- but can not say it out loud to anyone but god? yes, we all say we are able to seperate our behavior from anything resembling the behavior we saw on tv of all of them . god give us the strenght. hope it never happens to let us know if we could or not. would i look like a crazy bitc-- maniac on tv-- who knows - i would no longer be who i was prior to this.

I feel for them all, except Casey. I think they feel responsible for Caylees death and if they were to tell the truth about Casey they will feel responsible for her death as well. Maybe more than they can bare in one lifetime. I feel bad they have a daughter that backed them into a corner like this. Maybe if the death penalty was not on the table they would be more truthful at this stage. I find it difficult to say what I would do if it were my daughter and my statements could help impose the death penalty on her. If it were life in prison I could get it done. Helping to impose the death penalty, not so sure I could that to my own child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member