*REVISIT* Does Anyone Feel Sad for Casey? Or Family Members?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i only joined this site because of the casey anthony case and my obsession with it. i have read every document dump, watched every video, read AND heard the transcripts from all involved, and I KNOW that kc is guilty of killing her child.

i, like 99% of you, have been condemning her. she's wrong.

but right now, even after the gj hearing, the picture of her in the unbuttoned blue shirt and white glasses, the flippancy at the press conference and the crocodile tear, i actually feel bad for her.

even though she killed her child, even though she stole, lied, and cheated friends and family... even though she failed her parents and dropped out of school and lied to her grandmother, and even though she was promiscuous and had a child without a husband... is she undeserving of our compassion? because of all these actions we can safely say that at some point she was a victim too. of something BAD.

you might all think that she is evil. but right now, i don't. i feel that she is incredibly lost and scared and ripped off... don't know by who, but someone affected her... right now i honestly feel very sad for her.

this does not mean in any way that i understand or support her actions. i just think that if anyone could get to the point that she did in her behavior, then that in itself, is very tragic. she is not okay with it... no way.

okay... it's late, i'll read this when i wake up, i had a long day. but i really feel this way right now. i'm probably just being insane.

peace in the middle east,
david.

Um in one answer NO!!!!! You said it right when you said she had a crocodile tear. That is it. One tear. I found it very unnerving that she did not shed a tear until JB made the comment to the press that she lost a child (no tears) and then he said and they lost a daughter (meaning G and C were losing Casey). THEN she had a FEW tears. I would have been a blubbering idiot if I was in Casey's position (Heaven forbid) and JB said missing child. I could not have composed myself. Then even when she was wiping away the few tears she had, her face was practically dry. There were not enough tears shed there to fill the tip of a Q-tip.

Then to hear JB state "When this all comes out and Casey tells what really happened to Caylee, then everyone is going to say Oh and understand" WHAT?? Somehow I doubt that. If that baby is dead and it is by Casey's hand then I don;t care WHAT the circumstances were, she is guilty. Can;t wait to hear what stupid story she has JB beleiving.

yanknrebel

Brini, if this writer is claiming that sociopaths are "a throwback" to the time when "feelings got in the way of survival" he doesn't know what he's talking about. Human beings have always loved and taken care of each other - that's why we've survived as a species. That's why empathy and compassion are chemical events in the brain - so that we would survive.

KC is incapable of feeling the compassion you feel for her -

it is sad but I dont feel bad for KC - there were other saner non crimminal

options and she had the resources to find them . She chose her bad

behavior - the consquences arent secret - she thought she would get

away with it

She is going to be exactly where she belongs among her true peers

murderers liars and thieves .

i think that kc is a piece of ****. i think that kc has blown it beyond belief. i think that kc is guilty of murdering her daughter.

what i'm saying is that to get to that point... to become a person who could do this... it's sad. i have no idea why tonight i am now feeling like this... i haven't before. but after watching all of today's news, i really felt that there are multiple victims, and she's one.

i know i suck.

First and foremost, you do not suck!!!!! You simply put your true emotional feelings out there, which I respect greatly. I can identify with your feeling of overwhelming sadness with yesterdays results...I guess somehow I thought that if they indicted her, I would feel a sense of joy, relief and victory, instead I felt sad, and depressed. I realized that my emotions were not directed at any of the players in this case. My sadness was for the situation as a whole...the fact that even though I knew little Caylee was no longer with us, hearing the indictment somehow ingraved it in stone that little Caylee met her demise at the hands of her own mother, little Caylee is still out there somewhere, waiting to be found, waiting to be put to rest....and her own mother....still...after all of this, does not love little Caylee, her own flesh and blood, enough to at least do this one last thing she will ever be able to do for her....and that is bring her home. I can't even begin to imagine what Caylee may have gone through in her last moments, I can't even comprehend that anyone, including a mother could do something so horrible to their own innocent, defensless child. So my sadness is for Caylee, the lost life of a sweet, sweet child, and the situation that she continues to be in, until her little body is found. I will never feel, sad nor sorry for KC, unfortunately some people are just plain evil.

DAvid...you are a much kinder person than I...I too just joined here because of my obsession with little Caylee....wasn't it said yesterday by the State Prosecuter- when thanking the jurors- that no one should have to contemplate (hear) what they had to in hearing evidence against Casey......sounds like it must have been awful.......but I do respect you and your opinion.........

I can give her sympathy when she acknowledges her actions and takes responsibility.

I don't sit in judgment of her, however, because I still haven't heard the evidence. Do I personally think she's guilty, yes. But, it's not my place to judge another person either. I wouldn't be her friend. I wouldn't hire her to shovel my driveway and I wouldn't choose to associate with her.

I do feel sorry for her family because ultimately... regardless of factors that led up to Caylee's disappearance and probable death, Casey was the person responsible for her daughter. Her obstruction of the investigation and her actions caused this. She could have given Casey up. She could have gotten a job. But she chose to live off her parents and neglect (and in my heart I believe kill) her daughter.

I don't think they chose to contribute to Caylee's disappearance/demise... and the Anthony's, in my opinion, should not be held accountable for Casey's actions.

And I do not believe she is sane, if she killed her daughter. Something in her snapped.

if this were true, then every murderer would be considered insane and everyone would get a way with murder.

I have a great deal of compassion for Casey. Guess it is a mom thing with me. I can't help it.
We ( I am just as guilty) blast the whole family but yet I cant help but step back take a breather and think -If I showed no compassion towards anyone involved in this case I would be just like what most of us comment about and that is how Casey shows no remorse, no compassion etc.
I think it is human nature to think of what Casey could have done with her life and what a waste. She has a long road a head of her and she has to LIVE with what she has done.
Since this thread is about Casey I wont get into what I feel for Caylee. :(

My heart does go out to Caylee and I have cried many tears over her as most of us if not all here have done. When I do think about what she may have done to that defensless child it just tears me up. I guess sometimes I just don't let my thoughts go there. I know the other day I wish I could have got my hands on her because I felt so much hate for her. I think I just have compassion for her being such a sick, sick person and have a hard time comprehending how she could possibly harm this child. She does deserve everything she gets for all she has done. I also believe this case has stayed in the media so long because it has been like a horrible soap opera. You never know what is coming next. I just hope that we all get to hear the real truth as sad and awful as I think it will be. God Bless Caylee and May She Rest In Peace. Her soul is in heaven.

I respect your thoughts and you were very brave to say that you feel for KC but in my eyes she will always be a coniving, lying, selfless person. She has no remorse or feeling when it comes to Caylee as for she always cries for herself. Look back at the bond hearing and yesterday - All about Casey. Maybe my thought will change when I hear why and what she did to that poor baby but now it is I really don't care if she rots. It is all about Caylee.

I respect your feelings, but I don't feel sorry for her. Everyone has choices. She had choices. If it were an accident, she had a choice. If she wanted to get rid of Caylee and party on wit her bad self, she had a choice. Maybe if she were criminally insane (which she isn't) I would feed bad for her, or some other issues came to light, i.e., molestation, etc. I totally understand what you are saying....I just can't feel sorry for her. I ache for Caylee and wish KC would open her yap and talk!

David,

I too joined WS earlier this week b/c of my obsession with the case. It's gotten to a point where I am embarrassed. I never thought that there would come along a person, a woman, for that matter, who would be more monstrous than Scott Peterson.

Casey's act yesterday and her crocodile tears did work a little on me. I felt a bit sorry for her b/c she is a young woman and she has wasted her life. Women her age from third world countries would give anything to have had the opportunities that she has had and she has wasted it.

Don't be duped by her attorney's and mother's trick and pony show. There is nothing that will come out in trial to clear her of murder. Why would she sit in jail with no bond but be willing to share it with the jury when she could have just shared it with LE? Makes no sense.

The way I feel is we all ave choices to make in life. Casey chose to make the wrong choices. Nobody made her do the things she did. She could have let her parents raise Caylee and went on her merry way, but that is not the choice she made.

The thing that really gets to me is she showed no emotion for her daughter, none, and those tears yesterday were for her loss of freedom and the life she knew, not for her baby girl.

Casey looks to have lead a fairly comfortable life, upper middle class, many advantages and little work to get them. It appears as though her parents provided well for her...to the point that they enabled her selfish and self-proclaimed spiteful behavior. Casey isn't a stupid woman, she knew what she was doing, she's only sorry that she got caught. She doesn't care that her own child's body is rotting whereever, she hopes Caylee wont be found, so no one will know what she has done.

at the beginning of joining WS, I had compassion for G &C but their actions have changed my opinion.....I reserve my compassion for that innocent baby that was murdered by her mother.

But, David you certainly don't suck... and most of WS members are respectful of other's opinions, so I don't get some people telling you that you are "brave". This is a well run,very informative, closely moderated site and the mods do a tireless job at making sure everyone feels comfortable. So WELCOME!!!:)

i only joined this site because of the casey anthony case and my obsession with it. i have read every document dump, watched every video, read AND heard the transcripts from all involved, and I KNOW that kc is guilty of killing her child.

i, like 99% of you, have been condemning her. she's wrong.

but right now, even after the gj hearing, the picture of her in the unbuttoned blue shirt and white glasses, the flippancy at the press conference and the crocodile tear, i actually feel bad for her.
snipped.

It's called compassion. It's what makes us human. Without it, we'd all be sociopathic killers.

DAvid...you are a much kinder person than I...I too just joined here because of my obsession with little Caylee....wasn't it said yesterday by the State Prosecuter- when thanking the jurors- that no one should have to contemplate (hear) what they had to in hearing evidence against Casey......sounds like it must have been awful.......but I do respect you and your opinion.........

I may have gotten it totally wrong but when I went back and looked at the video I got the impression that he was thanking the jurors for ALL the cases they had heard and saying they had heard and seen bad things throughout their time of service, and as this was their last case he was thanking them for the time of their service , and in effect bidding them goodbye...
that's how took it, anyway....fwiw

sometimes I just feel sad for the whole darn world........
this is one of those times.....
"Deliver us from Evil"

She thinks she can get away with doing anything she wants because she is pretty and by acting sexy. That is a very sad statement, but one, which I'm afraid runs rampant in our media. Anyone know about "Girls Gone Wild?"
Spring Break, etc.

However, most young women have some kind of internal mechanism, some kind of spiritual compass that guides them to do the right thing.

I just don't know what caused her to be so callous. She could have chosen a different route. She must account for what she has done.

David, if your life had ever been touched by a sociopath I think you would feel differently.

A person with KC's make-up isn't like you. She will hurt you to your very core and giggle while she's doing it. She'll make-up reasons why you deserve what you got or never mention you again, it doesn't really matter to her. You no longer exist once she has finished.

Whatever it was that KC did to Caylee, her ultimate goal was to remove Caylee from her life. She did this and moved on, if anything she was happier than she normally felt because she no longer had the inconvenience of caring for her daughter. The pain that she caused Caylee and everyone else she has ever met means nothing to her. Not even a glitch on her radar.

I don't believe something tragic happened to KC to make her this way, I do believe she was born with faulty wiring. Ultimately she chose the path she is on long before she murdered her baby. Who has never been hurt by anyone, who has never regretted a choice we made and have to live with, who has never thought if only such and such was different my life would be better? Who has ever murdered a defenseless baby so they could live their selfish life how ever they chose?

KC made her choices, now she has to live with the consequences. All of my sympathy goes to Caylee and everyone else she touched. I'm giving KC the same consideration she gave her baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches