Revisiting = 'My Theory'

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BrotherMoon said:
NOOOooooOOOOOoo. You said she recanted the negative energy stement, she didn't. You said she later said she didn't want to be involved, your chronology is wrong.

She had an original statement.
In a second interview she said her first statement was untrue and she told the untruth becasue she didn't want to get involved.
In the second statement she said it may not have been a scream but negative energy radiating form JB. As the detective returned to that point she didn't mention it again but stuck to the scream statement.

There were three encounters with Melody Stanton, one where she said she heard the scream, the second when she said it may have been negative energy and the third when she said it was ,indeed, a scream and that the second statement was made because she didn't want to get involved?? Is this wrong?

sissi said:
There were three encounters with Melody Stanton, one where she said she heard the scream, the second when she said it may have been negative energy and the third when she said it was ,indeed, a scream and that the second statement was made because she didn't want to get involved?? Is this wrong?

Yes. According to ST's book.

As I recall it, Sissy is right.

Stanton heard a scream - she woke her husband up - and he said he heard a scraping noise.

You don't wake up a husband because of negative energy. She recanted because she didn't want to get involved.

Waking up her husband because she heard a scream corroborates her first story.

Oh the Places You'll Go is a popular book to give to graduates and could be the book JAR had. If it were any other title, he should be immediately arrested.

BTW, TLynn, I think your rendition of the events in the above post is very, very close. The only thing holding people back from thinking JAR did it is the alibi.

Oh, the Places You'll Go!
by Dr. Seuss

Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.

You'll look up and down streets. Look 'em over with care.
About some you will say, "I don't choose to go there."
With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet,
you're too smart to go down any not-so-good street.

And you may not find any
you'll want to go down.
In that case, of course,
you'll head straight out of town.

It's opener there
in the wide open air.

Out there things can happen
and frequently do
to people as brainy
and footsy as you.

And when things start to happen,
don't worry. Don't stew.
Just go right along.
You'll start happening too.

OH!
THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!

You'll be on your way up!
You'll be seeing great sights!
You'll join the high fliers
who soar to high heights.

You won't lag behind, because you'll have the speed.
You'll pass the whole gang and you'll soon take the lead.
Wherever you fly, you'll be the best of the best.
Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.

Except when you don't
Because, sometimes, you won't.

I'm sorry to say so
but, sadly, it's true
and Hang-ups
can happen to you.

You can get all hung up
in a prickle-ly perch.
And your gang will fly on.
You'll be left in a Lurch.

You'll come down from the Lurch
with an unpleasant bump.
And the chances are, then,
that you'll be in a Slump.

And when you're in a Slump,
you're not in for much fun.
Un-slumping yourself
is not easily done.

You will come to a place where the streets are not marked.
Some windows are lighted. But mostly they're darked.
A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin!
Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in?
How much can you lose? How much can you win?

And IF you go in, should you turn left or right...
or right-and-three-quarters? Or, maybe, not quite?
Or go around back and sneak in from behind?
Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find,
for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.

You can get so confused
that you'll start in to race
down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace
and grind on for miles across weirdish wild space,
headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.
The Waiting Place...

...for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or a No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.

Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.

NO!
That's not for you!

Somehow you'll escape
all that waiting and staying.
You'll find the bright places
where Boom Bands are playing.

With banner flip-flapping,
once more you'll ride high!
Ready for anything under the sky.
Ready because you're that kind of a guy!

Oh, the places you'll go! There is fun to be done!
There are points to be scored. there are games to be won.
And the magical things you can do with that ball
will make you the winning-est winner of all.
Fame! You'll be famous as famous can be,
with the whole wide world watching you win on TV.

Except when they don't.
Because, sometimes, they won't.

I'm afraid that some times
you'll play lonely games too.
Games you can't win
'cause you'll play against you.

All Alone!
Whether you like it or not,
Alone will be something
you'll be quite a lot.

And when you're alone, there's a very good chance
you'll meet things that scare you right out of your pants.
There are some, down the road between hither and yon,
that can scare you so much you won't want to go on.

But on you will go
though the weather be foul
On you will go
though your enemies prowl
On you will go
though the Hakken-Kraks howl
Onward up many
a frightening creek,
though your arms may get sore
and your sneakers may leak.

On and on you will hike
and I know you'll hike far
and face up to your problems
whatever they are.

You'll get mixed up, of course,
as you already know.
You'll get mixed up
with many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life's
a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left.

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)

KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

So...
be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!

Thanks, Sissi. I really like that book.

I read many of the books to my toddlers and I just can't see how any other book by Seuss could legitimately be in his suitcase with a semen-stained comforter which shared fibers with those found on Jonbenet's body.

The colloquy above did note that the book had JAR's name on it. I really think it was OTPYG for that reason; someone must have inscribed it to him.

I feel a bit sorry for JAR that his bed clothes have hit the news as "semen stained". Any boy his age has semen stained bedding, it's just a fact of life. He had nothing to do with the crime, IMO.
Yes, I think you are right about this book being the one, Amordei.

There was no semen on Jonbenet ,her clothing or the cover placed over her.

sissi said:
There was no semen on Jonbenet ,her clothing or the cover placed over her.

But she was wiped down/cleaned...by some type cleaning fluid. We have to wonder why. Although it may have not been because of semen, there is still that possibility that it could have been, too. And the perp spent an awful long time in the house doing all this. Hmmm...

IMO

Would you all consider it a common thing to do to give your 18 years old or so son a small childs book? Do each of Dr. Seuss's book show an age appropriate number on the cover? One of the searches for Dr. S. on Google found one that said the publisher GAVE Dr. S. a lengthy list of words that were to be included in his stories.

The message in the story is good, but, hmmm.

This is a son who is old enough to be drafted into military service or to just plain enlist in the service. Can you imagine the guffaws in the barracks (OR in his college dorm) when he would take out his 'Dr Seuss Success Primer' to read before he went night night, another hmmm on my part.

HOW many Dr. S. books were given to JAR in total?

I do think all of the trouble taken to clean up JonBenet, her favorite nightie had been WASHED and in the dryer, not packed to be taken, seems to tell a cover up story all by itself. imop.

The entire case from 1996 til now continues to be a tangled mixture of wonderment.

amordei said:
Thanks, Sissi. I really like that book.

I read many of the books to my toddlers and I just can't see how any other book by Seuss could legitimately be in his suitcase with a semen-stained comforter which shared fibers with those found on Jonbenet's body.

The colloquy above did note that the book had JAR's name on it. I really think it was OTPYG for that reason; someone must have inscribed it to him.

-----------<>< Would you tell me what OTPYG means ?, thank you.

amordei said:
Oh the Places You'll Go is a popular book to give to graduates and could be the book JAR had. If it were any other title, he should be immediately arrested.

Amordei,

John Andrew Ramsey was a 20-year-old sophmore at Colorado University when JonBenet was killed.

JMO

I took a peek at Amazon and read some of the reviews, one person said it is her "staple" gift for high school graduation, another said this..

Not Just For Kids!, June 3, 2004
Reviewer: A reader (Atlanta, GA United States)
I just graduated from college and a beloved aunt of mine gave me this special book. I don't know whether I read this book as a child; though I probably did, and simply cannot remember. Nevertheless, I assure you that reading it today was exceptionally meaningful to me. Never has such a short read been so inspiring. Dr. Seuss really does cram it all in there. As other reviewers have noted, when Dr. Seuss writes about the "places you'll go," he not only mentions the joyous places, but realistically covers the bad times and how we can lift ourselves up and keep going. This honesty is refreshing and inspiring in itself. I cannot imagine how many lives Dr. Seuss touched with this book, but it has undoubtedly been tons. I unconditionally recommend "Oh, the Places You'll Go" to anyone, regardless of age

He's just not piloting any more, as far as we know, at least not with the same people as JR and Archuletta, but he could be located if any of us wanted to know where he is?

If he was really missing, I for one would think it suspicious, just because
one of the so-called "Moral Majority" three founders is Charles Stanley, an Atlanta Baptist TV preacher.

He comes on right after a program I like to watch, so I've heard him say "Listen!" habitually, many times. Before almost every other sentence, sometimes. (The ransom note had "Listen Carefully". I don't remember if he ever said that. It's a rather common expression.)

Eagle1 said:
He's just not piloting any more, as far as we know, at least not with the same people as JR and Archuletta, but he could be located if any of us wanted to know where he is?

If he was really missing, I for one would think it suspicious, just because
one of the so-called "Moral Majority" three founders is Charles Stanley, an Atlanta Baptist TV preacher.

He comes on right after a program I like to watch, so I've heard him say "Listen!" habitually, many times. Before almost every other sentence, sometimes. (The ransom note had "Listen Carefully". I don't remember if he ever said that. It's a rather common expression.)

Not so sure what you mean by your post and Charles Stanley, but he is the pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta. He has one son, Andy, pastor of Northpoint Community Church near Atlanta. I suppose Chris could be kin to them, however, not nephew because Charles has no brothers and is not originally from Atlanta.

TLynn said:
If I recall correctly -

JAR said the book was his.

TLynn,

The Dr. Seuss book had John Andrew's name in it, according to the police. But what intrigues me is Patsy was surprised the book was in his suitcase, which weakens the argument it was a graduation gift. It seems she would have known about the book if someone had given it to JAR, especially since the book was in Patsy's house and not in Lucinda's house (JAR's birth mother).

JMO

Good point BlueCrab. My view on achieving in Dr. S. book, could certainly have applied to the activities that Patsy had JonBenet involved in also.

I am wondering how many Dr. Seuss books might have been in the household for both JonBenet and Burkes enjoyment.

Nehemiah, the info on southern radio ministers, and piloting issues are beyond my limited knowledge.

So Chris Stanley may not be a relative of the minister at all. And use of the expression "Listen", which the minister uses so much, in the ransom note is probably just coincidence and doesn't necessarily mean it was someone from Atlanta who's attended at 1st Baptist a lot. I needed that.

But let's also remember that the ATM photo isn't really proof that JAR was at the ATM in Atlanta at that time. It's not really an alibi, is it?

Plus, Mr. Barnhill would have been judging by the way the young person walked, not just facial features, when he was so sure he saw JAR.

Not saying I want this pinned on JAR, but we're just looking for whole truth no matter how painful it might be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back