Rewards And Donations

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It worries me also that this is a KFN ploy. Everyone is hoping and praying for a safe return of Haleigh. Wouldn't it be depressing to go to a funeral home to buy a t-shirt and a button with Haleigh's image all over both?

This is just wrong, wrong, wrong, IMO.
I believe the director of the funeral home is a friend of the family and pastor. That was the impression I got from the interview, jmo. If the money is going to help pay for this family since dad can't go to work at this time, obviously, I wouldn't care in the least. Who could go to work at a time like this? He is cooperating with LE and I truly believe he is innocent of any wrongdoing in this matter. Of course, Geraldo has terrible things to reveal about this guys past that are likely irrelevant to the case so the poor guy is going to suffer even more!!!

IIRC the funeral home provided the tents which Ron & Misty are staying.
Apparently there is very few business in the immediate area.

Who would go to a funeral home to "donate" and get buttons n T-shirts?! Something isn't right about this at all. (Then again, maybe it is good that no one would go "buy" them there!)

People in the area may not be aware of KFN and the way they prey on people while using missing children as a "draw", imo. I would like to know where the money is set up to go and who is in charge of the actual account.

I hope it can be confirmed both KFN and GA stay away. I agree that they probably are totally unaware of KFN's background. Hopefully they'll catch an earful from the knowing to give them a fair warning. Though I can see GA needing these types of social gatherings for being conitunally healed, I would like to see it go smoothly as it appears so far. Maybe a sleuther can calle the funeral home and plainly ask, "How will the funds benefit the family and is it safe and who manages it"? No harm, nor illegal about that as a concerned person following this case. It's a business and runs like one. Good to see ya SS, your posts have been marvellous.

I believe the director of the funeral home is a friend of the family and pastor. That was the impression I got from the interview, jmo. If the money is going to help pay for this family since dad can't go to work at this time, obviously, I wouldn't care in the least. Who could go to work at a time like this? He is cooperating with LE and I truly believe he is innocent of any wrongdoing in this matter. Of course, Geraldo has terrible things to reveal about this guys past that are likely irrelevant to the case so the poor guy is going to suffer even more!!!

I agree wholeheartedly. I had that feeling too about the closeness in the families. I don't see anything weird about purchasing buttons or t-shirts through the funeral home, though I live in a country rural seeting also with city 10 miles away. But we have to remember, there's hardly a large group of business set up there operating to be accommodating to a huge public presence. A few businesses, limits matters greatly for them there, we have to try to remember the location we're dealing with in this particular case versus the many other ones that had wealthier cities and means to run their families of their missing. Maddy McCann's parents for example. I hope people give for Haleigh's sake and those that are so hurt and grieving at this time. What a mess, what a big valley to fall into.

IIRC the funeral home provided the tents which Ron & Misty are staying.
Apparently there is very few business in the immediate area.

I agree wholeheartedly. I had that feeling too about the closeness in the families. I don't see anything weird about purchasing buttons or t-shirts through the funeral home, though I live in a country rural seeting also with city 10 miles away. But we have to remember, there's hardly a large group of business set up there operating to be accommodating to a huge public presence. A few businesses, limits matters greatly for them there, we have to try to remember the location we're dealing with in this particular case versus the many other ones that had wealthier cities and means to run their families of their missing. Maddy McCann's parents for example. I hope people give for Haleigh's sake and those that are so hurt and grieving at this time. What a mess, what a big valley to fall into.

Bold by me. Maybe it's not at wierd as I originally thought, especially if this pastor/reverund personally knows the family. I could even see it as a very nice gesture. I had no idea that church supplied the tents. Is it safe to assume they're supplying Crystal's tent, also? Maybe they're just doing things out of the goodness of their hearts, knowing this family can't afford much...and if that's the case, they should maybe be commended instead of criticized. I'll admit I might have been too quick to judge, however if I find that KFN is involved, then I'll recant this statement quicker than a wink!

I believe "Jamie" said he was setting up the fund in response to people calling and wanting to know what they could do to help the family. I thought he also said he/funeral home had made the teeshirts and buttons.

I also thought there was an inference, which I took to be directed at Kidfinders but I could be wrong, that someone "else" had made tee shirts without Ron's permission, but the funeral home got his permission before they did it.

It just sounds to me like a small town effort to help the family and the guy doing it just happens to be from the funeral home.

If you want to donate money to the family for necessities, just send a money order or traveler's check made out to Ronald L. Cummings to the house address. Let the rest of the vampires get thirsty.

I tried to find a hotel or motel nearby, I could find none.

Excellent straight forward suggestion Dots Eyes. I might do this, it won't be much but I want to help him.

I hope this person is doing it out of the goodness of his heart because he is a family friend. I don't have any problem with people helping out this family at all. I know that without him being able to work, Ron still has to take care of Rj and his obligations. I only want to know the money is going to him and not into pockets of a group like KFN. I will donate myself, if I can rest assured that not a dime will go to DM et al.

Inside the tent, there was a sign with a child's handprint in red going in a circle like a wreath. Does anyone know which organization this represents? (I know I have seen it before, but can't place it right now.)

Bold by me. Maybe it's not at wierd as I originally thought, especially if this pastor/reverund personally knows the family. I could even see it as a very nice gesture. I had no idea that church supplied the tents. Is it safe to assume they're supplying Crystal's tent, also? Maybe they're just doing things out of the goodness of their hearts, knowing this family can't afford much...and if that's the case, they should maybe be commended instead of criticized. I'll admit I might have been too quick to judge, however if I find that KFN is involved, then I'll recant this statement quicker than a wink!

I hope this person is doing it out of the goodness of his heart because he is a family friend. I don't have any problem with people helping out this family at all. I know that without him being able to work, Ron still has to take care of Rj and his obligations. I only want to know the money is going to him and not into pockets of a group like KFN. I will donate myself, if I can rest assured that not a dime will go to DM et al.

Inside the tent, there was a sign with a child's handprint in red going in a circle like a wreath. Does anyone know which organization this represents? (I know I have seen it before, but can't place it right now.)

I know SS you are looking out for the family and public concerning these donations. I would find it disgusting for someone to "steal" and it would be stealing, to use this family or the good nature of the caring public and mislead and take monies intended to help a hurting family and little girl that would want her Daddy, brother and other family to have what they need.

Plus, we still have hope, I heard Ron is wearing a hat saying "GAP" meaning "God answers prayers", and that he's been steadfast in prayer according to his Mama's interview last night on NG. BTW, that episode was so heart touching and bittersweeet. I wept watching it.

I think your concerns are legitimate, that's why I recommended some call, I don't think the funeral home would have a problem with the concerns and questions you have, strikes me as wise and caring.

I was thinking that cute sign was from her classmates & teacher.

ETA: I just zoomed in on it {tivo'd lastnights NG} and it is from her school, "Browning Pearce Elementary" is on the top right part of it.

Oh! The school! I did hear the school was supporting the family, but I cannot find anything on what they have done specifically. Thanks, Cakegirl!

(I still believe I have seen similar as a logo.)

Done, KL.

I was thinking that cute sign was from her classmates & teacher.

ETA: I just zoomed in on it {tivo'd lastnights NG} and it is from her school, "Browning Pearce Elementary" is on the top right part of it.

I would love to see it, I saw the tent last night on NG, but missed it. Could you copy and post the pic for those of us who would like to view it? Hug for ya. :blowkiss:

TY SS.

I would love to see it, I saw the teny last night on NG, but missed it. Could you copy and post the pic for those of us who would like to view it? Hug for ya. :blowkiss:

TY SS.

I would, but I have no idea how to copy a still pic from a tivo'd video... any ideas? Let me see if I can figure it out... :waitasec:

The handprints wreath from the classmates was so sweet! It looks just like the one we made at Christmas time with the little ones in the family, except for ours was Christmas colors.

OT: My grands did their footprints on canvas for my Xmas present. They are on proud display in my house.

I made some of the hand wreaths for gifts when mine were little! (Still hang mine every Xmas~) Hmmm...maybe that is where I have seen it before. LOL

WFTV Viewer Donates Camper To Haleigh's Father
Friday, February 20, 2009 – updated: 7:04 am EST February 20, 2009

<snipped>
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- An Eyewitness News viewer decided to donate a camper to Haleigh's father, who is presently living in a tent, while investigators search for the little girl. The camper will be arriving Friday for Ronald Cummings to live in. Cummings moved into the tent when his home became a crime scene.
Eyewitness News spoke with Haleigh's family Thursday about how they are coping. They are living in a tent, about 15-by-15. Coolers are full of water and drinks and inside is where the family is living, because their mobile home down the street is still a crime scene.

Article:
http://www.wftv.com/news/18757422/detail.html
Bravo!!!

Friday, February 20, 2009 &#8211; updated: 7:04 am EST February 20, 2009

<snipped>
PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- An Eyewitness News viewer decided to donate a camper to Haleigh's father, who is presently living in a tent, while investigators search for the little girl. The camper will be arriving Friday for Ronald Cummings to live in. Cummings moved into the tent when his home became a crime scene.
Eyewitness News spoke with Haleigh's family Thursday about how they are coping. They are living in a tent, about 15-by-15. Coolers are full of water and drinks and inside is where the family is living, because their mobile home down the street is still a crime scene.

Article:

I was thinking about sending a check to Ron's mother's house for the family.

Friday, February 20, 2009 – updated: 7:04 am EST February 20, 2009

<snipped>

Article:

That is awesome! :)

If we can verify the bank fund goes directly to the family, I don't have a problem with sending it there as it should be accounted for and is the preferred method of taking in donations.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back