RIP Elizabeth Edwards cancer returns. UPDATE- Passed away 12-7-10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Rest in Peace Elizabeth, you are the epitome of class, style and grace...Since your work on this earth is done, go with God and his Heaven and Angels, they await you, as does your son, Wade...

Rest Peacefully

My heartfelt condolences to her family and friends...

At peace now. I cant imagine fighting cancer for 6 yrs, she was only 61:(

Elizabeth tried to prepare her children for this....I saw her yesterday on an old show saying how she was trying to teach them to do as much for themselves as they could. I think that was so selfless. She was a nice lady IMO who didn't deserve all she endured.

Be with the Angels now Mrs Edwards and Im sure your children will ALWAYS remember you and you will watch over them:rose:

I pray for peace for her children. They can always remember her as a great woman with dignity. I know I will!

I'm so happy to see this thread & to see Elizabeth Edwards passing in the WS headlines on the main page.

She was a strong woman who I greatly admired. She was a true example of what it means to live your life with grace & class.

Every time I see Elizabeth Edward's name since yesterday's sad news, it brings tears to my eyes.

I don't know what else to say, except bless her heart.

My condolences to her family and especially her young children. Too young to loose their mom. Thankfully they appear to have a wonderful family to help them through this terrible time.

Sincerely,
fran
:rose:

I bid you farewell dear and beautiful lady, until we meet face-to-face on the other side. For the remaining time that I have left on this earth, I will always remember your strength and your courage when faced with the most heart-breaking of adversities - I can only try, and hope, to handle it with half of the dignity that you did. RIP Elizabeth Edwards.

I too am so sorry to hear of Elizabeth passing.She was so strong to the end.
I feel so sad for her children.A death is always hard to get over but at Christmas it is especially hard for a child.God Bless them all.

What a beautiful and brave soul! I can see, in my minds eye, Elizabeth welcomed home and held in the Father's arms and He saying "Well done Daughter well done"!!:angel:
These are the women our daughters should have as roll models - not the created fluff that Hollywood gives them to aspire to!!:banghead:

Elizabeth Edwards to be Buried Next to Her Son

Elizabeth Edwards will be buried Saturday in a private service at Oakwood Cemetery in Raleigh, next to her oldest son, who was killed 14 years ago in a traffic accident.

Edwards, 61, the estranged wife of two-time Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, died Tuesday at her Chapel Hill home after a six-year battle with breast cancer.

A funeral will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday at Edenton Street United Methodist Church, 228 W. Edenton St. in Raleigh, according to Brown-Wynne Funeral Home, which is handling arrangements.

The family asked that people make donations to the Wade Edwards Foundation, which supports a computer lab for high school students in Raleigh.

Lots more at link- http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/8745059/

This group makes me sick. Everything they do is completely vile. I think it's completely evil that they have protested at the funerals for military and now this?? I really resent that they try to pass off their hate as "religion" and also that they warp little kids minds by involving them in their sick, disgusting behavior!!!

Westboro Baptist "Church" raises my anger level like nothing else.

I read on Twitter earlier that Chapel Hill is organizing a "Line of Love" where people are encouraged to line up on the street (I can't remember which street, I can go back and try to find it) to shield the Edwards family from the Westboro Baptist "Church".

The "Line of Love" has been used in many military funerals where Westboro feels the need to picket and protest as well.

This link has some more info on the Line of Love- http://www.wsoctv.com/news/26078682/detail.html

This is just horrible. This church should be dissolved ASAP.

There has to be a way to shut down these hate-mongers for good. Why can't their followers see there is nothing even remotely Christian about their beliefs or their behavior? I can't help but think how shocked they'll all be when they leave this earth. They won't be running into Elizabeth Edwards where they're going!

There has to be a way to shut down these hate-mongers for good. Why can't their followers see there is nothing even remotely Christian about their beliefs or their behavior? I can't help but think how shocked they'll all be when they leave this earth. They won't be running into Elizabeth Edwards where they're going!

Their followers are all family. We live about an hour away from these nutballs. They show up at everything ... from funerals to college graduations. What's really sad is their children are being taught to hate. It's child abuse, IMO.

It's too bad they've got a tax-exempt status. I know a couple of the kids are attorneys. We see them all the time on our news. What needs to happen is the media needs to quit covering what they do. If they show up, everyone needs to ignore them. I know this is easier said than done, but they thrive on publicity. I love it when thousands of people show up at these funerals and basically block the Phelps clan from spewing their garbage, but what needs to happen is not one single word about these sickos needs to be in any of the media outlets.

We were coming back from a college graduation in Lawrence, and there were a bunch of them with their hate-filled signs. They were waving their signs and saying things. We just continued our conversations and acted as if they didn't exist. They want us to be shocked, but we don't give them the pleasure of doing this to us.

RIP, Elizabeth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulani03
Back