Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry again... I just get angry...:furious:

I just want the killer to pay !
I think the killer is KC !
I think everyone else wants to help but is frustrated by
the DEEP pile of LIES ! ! !

Try to accept my apology ! ( Again )

Seeking Justice for Little Angel Caylee !
A L O N G with the REST OF THE WORLD ! ! !:woohoo:

Thanks !
God Bless !
jjgram

First, if I remember correctly, RK has had his own attorney since practically day one... he doesn't need anyone coming out of the wood-work offering their services to sue just to sue.

Second, perhaps RK thought, if ignored, LP would give up on his suppositions and accusations... unfortunately, he hasn't.

Third, if this man or any person kept insulting, insinuating and accusing YOU of a crime night after night I'm sure you would want to stop him, even if it meant taking him to court.

No one has a right to liable someone else. If there is proof then that person should bring it on, if not, shut up and move on.

I hope RK does sue LP, perhaps then LP will learn that you can't run rough-shod over anyone you please.

Okay, let's agree RK has legal representation from the break in the case. Also, let's agree that one should either bring it or stop whining (reworded by me...)

And I will admit to not being fully vested in the happenings of RK of late, and LP too so this is purely for debatable conversation.

I cringe when I hear of someone talking about sueing for libel, slander or defamation. Most of the time (I'm no lawyer/paralegal type or anything) it's because a nerve was touched and in this case (Caylee) boy I've never seen so many frickin' lawyers on TV standing up for their sole purpose of existing in my life!! That aside, let's see what legal action RK might take:

libel and slander, in law, types of defamation. In common law, written defamation was libel and spoken defamation was slander. Today, however, there are no such clear definitions. Permanent forms of defamation, such as the written or pictorial, are usually called libel, while the spoken or gestured forms are called slander.

The term libel is also often used if a wide audience for the defamation is possible. Courts have split over which category radio and television are in; today's statutes generally categorize defamation occurring in those media as slander. The offenses are alike in several respects. The defamation—essentially exposure to hatred, contempt, ridicule, or pecuniary loss—must directly affect the reputation of a living person. It must be published, i.e., revealed to someone besides the subject of the attack. It is no defense that the defendant merely repeated but did not originate the defamation.

The plaintiff is required to prove the colloquium (circumstances of utterance showing that the statement was directed against him or her specifically) and, when necessary, the innuendo (the factors making an apparently innocent statement defamatory). Generally, truth is an absolute defense in a suit for defamation. A false defamatory statement may be privileged if the actor was a legislator, executive officer, or speaking in a court proceeding. The requirement of colloquium makes unactionable defamation of a large group, e.g., a racial or professional group.

Whether the charge is libel or slander is important. Most libels are deemed injurious and give immediate ground for suit. However, only certain types of statements are slanderous per se and do not require proof of pecuniary damages; these include imputation of crime, of loathsome disease, or of professional or occupational incapacity. In other cases, there may not be any recovery unless the pecuniary loss caused by the injury is proved. The award to the successful plaintiff in a suit for defamation will usually include punitive, as well as compensatory, damages if the defendant willfully lied or published the defamation repeatedly.

Right now, I think if RK opens up a suit of any kind, he might not really want to follow through because let's face it: it's a bring-it-all-out-in-the-open kind of deal and RK and LP's lives will be dissected and graded on the media scale!

I keep thinking that there are alot of LP NON-fans who are wanting to see the man take a hit for sticking his neck out for the cause. Should he THINK before he speaks? He probably should. But he won't. That's what makes him who he is. I'm grateful for RK making the call that brought Caylee home, but I still have a problem with the deal with the first 3 times he called. Not that I think he has anything to do with Caylee's murder I DON'T THINK THAT AT ALL, I'm just uneasy when I wonder what the deal is with the first calls.

Here's what I'm talking about a little:

Roy Kronk recently came forward with his attorney in a news conference to address the media and the speculation that began following his latest call the authorities that eventually found the remains of little Caylee Anthony.

(here's the link)

Eva

Push comes to shove, LP's Saddle up, may turn into Giddiup. His mouth is going to get him in a lot of trouble. This case hasn't even gone to trial yet.. I can only imagine the tv networks and who they will try and get information from and how often.

jmo

LP is on television weekly now giving commentary. I live near where he is supposedly from and I had never heard of him until Casey Anthony got national coverage for her missing daughter.
When RK finally got someone to listen to him he avoided the media for several days and still does not make many appearances. Most likely he hoped that LP would just stop bad mouthing him. It's even possible that LP has received correspondence asking him to stop.
RK didn't ask to be the one who found Caylee, but I sure am glad he didn't give up or we might never have found her. He doesn't deserve this and the things that LP has said about him repeatedly have made people suspicious that he might be involved. If LP is allowed to continue why would any innocent person want to stick their neck out to help solve a crime? They won't, for fear of being accused publicly of involvement.
People should not be allowed to use the media to destroy someones reputation in order to gain notoriety for themselves.

Leonard Padilla was been one of ny favorites. And yes, he is a character. But I believe him to be a godd hearted character, and I believe too he will be the first to apologize when he hears how wrong some of his theoroies have been taken. But his " theories are stated as though they are fact. That is ause for big trouble for him and for those theorized about/against.vvLP should cool it with his theories , unless he begins his theorizationa by saying this is my opinion, my opinion only, and only a theory that I am throwing out there.
Anything less is asking for some misery for himself and mny innocent people.

He should, at the very least, emphasize repeatedly that his information is coming from "inside sources" or "those close to the investigation" or whatever the wiggle phrase the news media uses when they want to propagate "news" gossip. It seems he tends to believe these "sources" and repeats what they tell him without reservation. His best stance is silence right now:bang:

LP is on television weekly now giving commentary. I live near where he is supposedly from and I had never heard of him until Casey Anthony got national coverage for her missing daughter.
When RK finally got someone to listen to him he avoided the media for several days and still does not make many appearances. Most likely he hoped that LP would just stop bad mouthing him. It's even possible that LP has received correspondence asking him to stop.
RK didn't ask to be the one who found Caylee, but I sure am glad he didn't give up or we might never have found her. He doesn't deserve this and the things that LP has said about him repeatedly have made people suspicious that he might be involved. If LP is allowed to continue why would any innocent person want to stick their neck out to help solve a crime? They won't, for fear of being accused publicly of involvement.
People should not be allowed to use the media to destroy someones reputation in order to gain notoriety for themselves.

I agree. The media has gotten totally out of control, reporting false stories attributed only to sources, attacking innocent people, twisting facts to fit their own personal biases. If a suit against LP is a first step to reigning the media back in, I say go for it. The media, as well as their paid commentators, need to be accountable for what they say.

Interesting that RK's lawyer is THE SAME as WESH's. Could explain why he waited til now to bring this - civil lawyers aren't prevented from giving "exclusive rights" to one media outlet to their clients.

"Kronk's attorney, David Evans, who also represents WESH-TV, said he's documenting every Padilla statement and will consider action against him."

I think they mentioned the fact that he also represents them as a 'pre emptive strike'. I think I spelled it wrong, but I am sure you know what I mean. If they hadn't mentioned their connection to the attorney, someone else, probably LP if he found out, would jump all over it, saying, 'they want an exclusive deal with Kronk and don't want me spoiling everything by telling you all what I know'. I may not have typed this exactly the way my brain is saying it, but I hope you get the gist of it.

Except in Orlando where almost all the attorneys seem to work for free. :rolleyes:

THANKS FOR THE LAUGH! Ain't that the truth!

:crazy: Yep, legal representation AINT CHEAP!

Who's paying all these lawyers anyway??

Yep - that's what I think, too. RK was solicited. It's definitely not about little Caylee anymore.

Bolded by me.

Leonard probably isn't worried because he's an attorney, himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he relishes the prospect of having a televised trial with himself in a starring role as Defense Attorney/Defendant. It would undoubtedly make for some unique entertainment. But poor Mr. Kronk. Even if he wins, he'll never see a dime, because a good attorney like LP probably is, will have taken steps to make himself financially "bullet proof"

As to whether or not LP's comments about R Kronk and Lee Anthony are harmless entertainment, rather than inexcuseable slander, that's for each of us to decide for ourselves. To do that fairly, simply ask yourself how you would feel if you, or one of your close family members, somehow became involved in a case that had captured Leonard's attention, and without any evidence, he decided to announce to the world that you were all guilty of collusion, conspiracy, and incest.

I actually know people who wouldn't care, who'd enjoy being the subject of nightly media discussion (even negative discussion), and who'd be shouldering LP aside for their share of the limelight and controversy. In fact, I think LP is one of them. LOL

If I were in LA's or RK's same situation, I would yearn to sue his @ss off, but long before the trial took place, I'd have probably died of outrage and humiliation and impoverishment (due to my legal fees). :bang:

ETA a disclaimer: I truly don't think I'm being biased, however I think it's important to add here that I am closely associated with Tim Miller and TES--in case anyone on this thread doesn't know.

I was thinking everything you said!!

I missed your post before I posted - RK would be the plaintiff. This law firm is WESH's counsel. Personally I think this might be a "nudge" from the lawyer - "RK, I think what LP said is bordering on libel...Due to the intense interest in this case, I bet WESH would be willing to pay for exclusive interviews if this suit is brought..."

FYI that kind of conduct, IF it happened, isn't illegal or unethical - Plaintiff attorney's fish for lawsuits all the time, just look at the TV ads. So I'm not saying WESH did anything wrong per se.

I don't know of any lawyer involved with this case who has said, "I'm doing this out of the goodness of my heart, and I won't accept a dime for it!!" Have you?

Bolded by me

Not any more. The county cut him off at $10K.

Yikes, how long did it take for him to get to $10K? 6 hours??

It seems now a days, you can't just do a good deed anymore. RK found Caylee. Imagine if he didn't huh??

I agree with those that think LP should make it clear that he's speculating.

This discussion reminds me of something that happened earlier in the case: I was watching NG (as usual back then when I was starving for information) and my boyfriend decided to join me for a spell. LP was on, and this was when he was pushing that whole "she got the shovel from the neighbor to fish the body out of the pool" tale, and my boyfriend was surprised, "She did what?! She didn't even try to jump in?!" - he didn't realize that LP was just doing his usual thing; he thought that he was stating facts. It happens all the time, most people are not nearly as consumed by case information as we are, and they just naturally assume that what they're hearing is news. :)

I agree with those that think LP should make it clear that he's speculating.

This discussion reminds me of something that happened earlier in the case: I was watching NG (as usual back then when I was starving for information) and my boyfriend decided to join me for a spell. LP was on, and this was when he was pushing that whole "she got the shovel from the neighbor to fish the body out of the pool" tale, and my boyfriend was surprised, "She did what?! She didn't even try to jump in?!" - he didn't realize that LP was just doing his usual thing; he thought that he was stating facts. It happens all the time, most people are not nearly as consumed by case information as we are, and they just naturally assume that what they're hearing is news. :)

It's reasonable for people to believe that what they're told by "insiders" close to the case is factual. Many people do not follow this case like we do, how are they to know to take what LP says as gossip rather than fact? For that matter, why should we have to take it that way? Why doesn't he just present factual information to start with?

It's reasonable for people to believe that what they're told by "insiders" close to the case is factual. Many people do not follow this case like we do, how are they to know to take what LP says as gossip rather than fact? For that matter, why should we have to take it that way? Why doesn't he just present factual information to start with?

Totally agree. It's unfair to expect that the average viewer is as crazy as we all are. :D Also, it would sure make it easier to watch/listen to. I could finally quite shouting "Link plz!" at the television. :rolling::rolling::rolling:

If LP's accusations against RK are inaccurate, I hope he sues LP for every cent that he is worth.

I am tired of LP running loose with his speculation. The line needs to be drawn somewhere, and it's obvious that LP doesn't know where that line should be.

He's said that Lee was Caylee's father. FALSE
He's said that Caylee's remains were in the river. FALSE
He's stated Casey would talk after a manicure, etc.. FALSE
He said the shovel was used to remove the remains from the pool. NOTHING SUGGESTS THIS
He said she died in the pool. FALSE or at minimal, nothing to support it
He said Casey's fingerprints were on the duct tape. FALSE according to defense and if true, LE hasn't released it yet.

He took on Tim Miller. Tossed his speculation out there on any old whim he came up with, but rarely stated it as opinion.

Why in the world should anyone believe that RK is involved here based on ONLY what he says?

You can all say that he's fighting for a little girl, but why would he choose to help a convicted pedophile who HAD harmed a little boy when he molested him? Where was LP's outcry for the pain and suffering of that little one and his family?

LP is in this for LP and no one will ever convince me otherwise. I hope he's sued for everything he's worth.

...snippety snip....

As to whether or not LP's comments about R Kronk and Lee Anthony are harmless entertainment, rather than inexcuseable slander, that's for each of us to decide for ourselves. To do that fairly, simply ask yourself how you would feel if you, or one of your close family members, somehow became involved in a case that had captured Leonard's attention, and without any evidence, he decided to announce to the world that you were all guilty of collusion, conspiracy, and incest.

I would be spitting mad, I can tell you that much. And I would not have waited as long as RK did to file (at least) a cease and desist against him.

IMHO R. Kronk is right and LP is wayyyyy wrong. LP should cease, desist and promptly (if privately and quietly) apologize to Mr. Kronk and move on.

I have no problem at all with LP offering up his theories; they're frequently interesting or entertaining. I do object very strenuously though when he also implicates, slanders, or humiliates individuals without any proof of wrongdoing. Except for KC--I'm ashamed to admit I'd be delighted if he would say things that could make her cringe when she heard them, make her angry, make her afraid, or even make her feel embarrassed--as if she's "a joke."

Remember how quickly she ditched those huge white sunglasses when people all over the internet made fun of them? Maybe she's only susceptible to embarrassment. She has to have a weak spot somewhere and maybe it's that she can't stand being made fun of. I'm off topic and that sentence ends in a preposition. Back to Leonard Padilla:

I would only add that I'd like to see LP be very specific henceforth that he is only "theorizing."

:blowkiss:

IMHO R. Kronk is right and LP is wayyyyy wrong. LP should cease, desist and promptly (if privately and quietly) apologize to Mr. Kronk and move on.

I agree, an apology is definitely called for. Instead we get a "Saddle up".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme