Robert Durst Connection?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Whoever killed JT killed Jane Doe. The remains for both victims were found in Manorville and OP.

To me his voice would be very recognizable. Could Bittrolff and others have been ruled out by LE because of their voices not being identified by the sister who received the calls?

http://www.vulture.com/2015/04/robert-durst-biographer-jinx-factually-incorrect.html

"Robert Durst Biographer Matt Birkbeck on What The Jinx Got Wrong"

Vulture / New York Magazine
By Dan Reilly
April 15, 2015

AND Robert Durst Biographer Matt Birkbeck comments/info on the investigation of Robert Durst
in connection with the Long Island serial killer case!
:

Quote:
"I had heard they were going to indict him a few weeks earlier. The FBI has been involved since 2012. They were always interested in Durst in some capacity, but it really picked up steam with the Gilgo Beach murders, those women that they're finding on Long Island off the ocean. They thought Bobby might be involved in those and became very intrigued. They couldn't connect him to those."

Quote:
Why did the FBI think he might be linked to the Long Island prostitute murders?
I think they're convinced that he's a serial killer, and so they're trying to connect him to other cases around the country. Being that some of those women had been dismembered, they began looking at him. They couldn't make a connection

This is a great read on Durst.

http://www.gq.com/news-politics/200204/killer-in-the-blue-dress

Now - considering he was hanging around gay bars in 2001 while dressed in drag
and renting a home disguised as a woman.....who KNOWS with this guy.

He could be LISK.

It would separate out Shannan from the group....because I can't see Durst behind the gates at Oak Beach
and Shannan was last seen behind the gates.....so that being said-

Durst spent his childhood in the trappings of great wealth and his father had tremendous power. But what was Bobby's
job as a youth? Once he came of age?

Durst Organization owned buildings in Times Square back in the 70's when it was one seedy sleazy brothel. Bob's job
was to go to the brothels and collect the rent. Every month. So - he was living a very dual life. One part of him was exposed to extreme wealth and power and the other part of him was exposed to a real dark, gritty, seedy, sleazy, provocative, sexy,
way of life. He was exposed to the dirty underbelly of NYC sex. Peep shows and all sorts of sexual pecadillo's.

Maybe - somewhere along the way - along with his hatred of his father - he developed a hatred for prostitutes - maybe
associating the brothel's with his hatred of his father. Maybe he felt exploited by his father for having to be put in the position to go to these brothel's and collect the rent. Maybe he developed RAGE, more rage than he'd ever known.

The odd thing is - is that there was a house upstate New York that had many many boxes taken from it. They were all
belongings of Bob Durst that he put in that house for safekeeping.

Here is the link: http://gothamist.com/2015/03/22/private_trove_of_robert_durst_mater.php

We all know that LISK grouped the bodies of the girls and could possibly have items from the girls person.
I believe if the police had found anything from that raid - that had to do with GB4 - we'd know by now.

The one who held the key - was Susan Berman. She's not going to talk NOW.

The one who holds the key is Robert's wife - Debra Charlatan. She's not talking.

Without a timeline of where Robert was...(i.e. he was in prison serving time until March 1, 2006)

In 2003, Durst went on trial for the murder of Morris Black

In 2004, Durst pleaded guilty to two counts of bond jumping and one count of evidence tampering. As part of a plea bargain, he received a sentence of five years and was given credit for time served, requiring him to serve about three years in prison.[36] Durst was paroled in 2005. The rules of his release required him to stay near his home; permission was required to travel.[37] That December, Durst made an unauthorized trip to the boarding house where Black had been killed and to a nearby shopping mall. At the mall, he ran into former Galveston trial judge Susan Criss, who had presided over his trial.[32] Due to this incident, the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles determined that Durst had violated the terms of his parole and returned him to jail.[37] He was released again from custody on March 1, 2006.

so Durst got outta prison March 1, 2006.

Maureen Brainard Barnes - July 9, 2007
Melissa Barthelemy- July 12- 2009

Maureen and Melissa were Times Square. Dursts own an entire NYC block of West 43rd street (from 7th to 8th or 8th to 9th)
so until Bob was excommunicated from the Durst family - he was living on West 43rd street. He is only TOO familiar with Times Square.

He could have very easily rented a home or two on Long Island close to Oak Beach. VERY EASILY.

What if Durst dressed in drag (as the article from 2002 has stated - that he dressed in drag and went to gay
bars trolling drag queens) when he met with any of the GB4? The girls would have empathy for a old white guy
dressing in drag....so the drag queen would be virtually harmless, eh? But - in reality - that was not the case.

and....not to mention - there was a cross dresser that had been killed...April 4, 2011 - there was an Asian male
dressed in women's clothing found on Ocean Parkway along with a baby girl between 16 and 32 months old.

I've considered that since he was apprehended and the FBI is involved that they are checking his involvement in other possible crimes and LE FBI lie all the time to protect the integrity of their investigation. One thing that intrigues me about the GB 4 is that all the girls were small and RD is a small man. The thought has crossed my mind that perhaps RD kept their clothing since no clothing was found with them and he likes dressing like a woman. While I seriously doubt a connection to LISK-RD will ever be made, due to his ability to live off the grid, there are some things about him that make me go hmmm.

Some here have opined that LISK is a sadist > IMO RD is a sadist

Lisk likes phone games > Two of Kathie's friends thought their phones were tapped.
There was also a burner phone found in RD's room in NOLA > and LISK used burner phones to contact his victims.

LISK is Mickey Mouse > RD has several alias.

Amber was known to go see a stange man on LI > RD is about as strange as they come. Burps, farts and cross dresses publically

GB4 were lured with big money >RD has plenty of it.

GB4 advertised on CL > RD had his laptop shipped separately before traveling anywhere. WHY?

LISK hates women > Apparently RD does also since he's suspected of disappearing Kathie and shooting Susan Berman.

LISK hates children because a toddler's remains were found > Apparantly RD does also since he made kathie have an abortion.

Amber's sister KO stated in an interview that cocaine was the common denominator for LISK to lure the women > Kathie was using cocaine during the time she was preparing to leave RD. (RD's drug of choice is weed though he could probably score some coke if he needed to.)

Reports have stated that RD would stay at two hotels, one nice hotel and another room in an economy hotel during his travels. (sorry can't recall the name but Megan was staying in an economy hotel on LI, she disappeared while walking from hotel to convenience store.)

LISK calls to Melissa's little sister were traced to Midtown Manhatten and Times Square > MM & TS are RD's stomping grounds or should I say stalking grounds.

LISK apparently flies under the radar somehow. RD definately flies under the radar, pays for hotels and rental cars in cash and uses others' identities and his own made up identities, buys burn phones, stays on the move.

You all feel free to add to the list, correct me if I am wrong, just don't throw any tomatoes at me. :D

Here's a link with lot's of good info that I don't recall reading. http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/2015/03/robert-durst-murders-wife-susie-berman

MOO

I do not think LISK hates children. I think its quite the opposite. For a person who has no problems killing a woman, he did feel bad about killing the child and even gave the child its own funeral (Wrapped in blanket). Killing the child was necessary to his mission.

You are right LINative13, it was necessary to his mission. Perhaps I should have worded it differently. Both seem to have disregard for human life regardless of age. ( a child wrapped in a blanket sounds like something a woman would do imo)

You are right LINative13, it was necessary to his mission. Perhaps I should have worded it differently. Both seem to have disregard for human life regardless of age. ( a child wrapped in a blanket sounds like something a woman would do imo)

Sorry to go off topic. I will ban myself later.
Waltzingmatilda please contact me ASAP. It's all good.
My email is triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

THANK YOU
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

I just joined websleuths, and I see that this thread has trailed off a bit as of late, so I wanted to re-ignite it. I thought Durst was LISK before seeing The Killing Season, and as I watch the show now, I don't see anything that rules him out. Too many things are similar -- weird coincidental things (I will freely admit that investigating into hard facts and researching details is not my forte, and as such, my theories can seem out of the blue and hokey. I welcome refutation with details).

Some "coincidental things": Watch the beginning of Killing Season, the overhead shots of Gilgo Beach look exactly like Galveston, TX. Durst's MO, one might argue, is to disappear bodies in rural areas around water. He owns houses in the area, has a known proclivity for drugs and hookers, can move in and out of the area of question quickly. The dismembering of Gilgo case bodies resembles Morris Black too, eerily so. If you remember, many were amazed at the skill in dismembering Black, which meant that Durst, who admitted to the dismemberment, had experience.

What really got me, however, are the phone calls that the victims' families received. It seems like a signature. Another SK that did something similar was... don't hate me for this... Zodiac. At the end of Greysmith's book, he says that there were bodies found on the side of the highway that Greysmith thought was Zodiac. Similar trophy collection as LISK. The watery land of NorCal is similar to Galveston and Gilgo, and SF was a base of ops for Durst.

Durst = LISK & Zodiac

I must reiterate that the holes in this theory are legion. I merely want to reignite the discussion, and hopefully I can provide more concrete details, or details can come to light that refute this theory altogether. Thanks, guys!

I just joined websleuths, and I see that this thread has trailed off a bit as of late, so I wanted to re-ignite it. I thought Durst was LISK before seeing The Killing Season, and as I watch the show now, I don't see anything that rules him out. Too many things are similar -- weird coincidental things (I will freely admit that investigating into hard facts and researching details is not my forte, and as such, my theories can seem out of the blue and hokey. I welcome refutation with details).

Some "coincidental things": Watch the beginning of Killing Season, the overhead shots of Gilgo Beach look exactly like Galveston, TX. Durst's MO, one might argue, is to disappear bodies in rural areas around water. He owns houses in the area, has a known proclivity for drugs and hookers, can move in and out of the area of question quickly. The dismembering of Gilgo case bodies resembles Morris Black too, eerily so. If you remember, many were amazed at the skill in dismembering Black, which meant that Durst, who admitted to the dismemberment, had experience.

What really got me, however, are the phone calls that the victims' families received. It seems like a signature. Another SK that did something similar was... don't hate me for this... Zodiac. At the end of Greysmith's book, he says that there were bodies found on the side of the highway that Greysmith thought was Zodiac. Similar trophy collection as LISK. The watery land of NorCal is similar to Galveston and Gilgo, and SF was a base of ops for Durst.

Durst = LISK & Zodiac

I must reiterate that the holes in this theory are legion. I merely want to reignite the discussion, and hopefully I can provide more concrete details, or details can come to light that refute this theory altogether. Thanks, guys!

I think the link to Zodiac is a little far-fetched. Zodiac operated in the late 1960's. Let's assume Zodiac was at least in his/her 20's at the time of the killings. This means that he/she would have been in their 60's in the late 1990s when the LISK murders started taking place. I think most people think LISK was born around the time the Zodic killings were taking place, which would make LISK around the age of 50 today.

Durst being Zodiac and Durst being LISK are admittedly two giant steps in themselves, but it's the similarities of the two that intrigue me. Consider the multiple killer theory, used in both. People (including me) have thought that the Zodiac killings were done by two people -- I would recommend 'Psychic Mission' by Joseph DeLouise in this instance, he was a psychic that investigated Z at Greysmith's behest. DeLouise said that he thought Z "wanted to be caught" and that there were two people involved, and that one of the killers threatened the other, that essentially the one that wanted to turn himself in was afraid of the other one. Weirdly enough, wanting to be caught and threatening people and/or killing them for knowing too much both fit Durst.

I don't want to stray off topic from LISK too much, but the investigations of LISK and Zodiac seem to catch the same hiccups -- the multiple jurisdictions, the profiles (someone that knows the area, can slip in and out easily, extreme sadist), the (deliberate?) change of M.Os to throw off police.

Durst would have to be what, in his 60s when LISK was active? Not technically impossible... especially if he lured them with drugs, or lured them into traps. Right?

Durst was born in 1943 so he would have been in his 60's when the G-4 were murdered. I don't think he would have been too old to kill because he shot and dismembered Morris Black when he was around 58. I haven't really thought about LISK being Zodiak but I have thought about Durst and or LISK being EAR/ONS aka The Golden State Killer as there are some similarities. But EAR/ONS was estimated to be 6 feet and Durst is only 5'6".

I do think Durst probably has more victims as FBI has said. And although they couldn't find anything to link him and the LISK case it really means nothing. He used alias and paid cash for hotels. He had various disquises. It has been alleged that he wore special contacts during filming of the jinx to give him a more 'doe eyed' appearance. He's a piece of work for sure.

I looked up images of him on Google and Durst looks like every guy. But he looks different in every pic to me kind of like a shape shifter or something.

I've gotta go back and read this thread, it's been awhile...More later.

According to a news source Durst was described to have a homicide side to him. If he actually killed people purposefully then maybe he was involved in the 1971 Disappearance of Lynne Schulze.

I found a possible picture of Lynne Schulze in a collection of images supposedly belonging to Rodney Alcala. He was in nearby New Hampshire (Lynne was in Vermont). At almost the exact time Lynne disapeared!

I know most think Durst is the culprit, but the girl in the picture does look like her!
?>>
mystery.jpg

Lynne:
schulze11.jpg

I found a possible picture of Lynne Schulze in a collection of images supposedly belonging to Rodney Alcala. He was in nearby New Hampshire (Lynne was in Vermont). At almost the exact time Lynne disapeared!

I know most think Durst is the culprit, but the girl in the picture does look like her!
?>>
mystery.jpg

Lynne:
schulze11.jpg
Yes they do resemble eachother. Here is another picture of Lynne that looks like the girl.

upload_2018-10-7_15-44-23.jpeg

Thanks!

Well if that is the case then I think we might have solved the mystery. That Youtube video is some pictures Rodney Alcala stashed in a locker. I think the FBI circulated them to see any matches...

The family or close friends would have to confirm, because I don't know the girl!

Forgive my ignorance (I am new to sleuthing, aside from reading Sherlock books) But can't you get DNA from a dead body? The police must have all these high profile 70s killers samples somewhere. :confused:

Yes I have compiled a list of possible victims for Rodney.

The thing I notice about this young blonde girl is her shyness. Like many teenagers she was probably insecure about her looks. A camera man tells her she can be a model and well..

The photographer ruse has been done more than once. There was a rapist/possible murderer in Sweden who used the trick of being a cameraman. He would request they go and do shoots deep in the woods.

Is that list a different thread? Thanks for helping out. I might be way off, but I see no harm in trying!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawdaughter222
Back