Rocamadour, France, medieval sword stolen after being lodged in rock for 1300 years, legend attributes it to Knight Roland

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Inthedetails

Reaction score

"An ancient sword known as the French version of King Arthur’s legendary 'Excalibur' has mysteriously vanished from the town where, according to local lore, it had remained lodged in a rock for 1,300 years.

The Durandal sword appears to have been taken by a thief from its stone in the tiny medieval town of Rocamadour, where it was one of the town’s main attractions, The Telegraph reported.

For centuries it’s been believed the sword once belonged to Roland, a semi-legendary knight who bravely fought for Charlemagne in the eighth century."

I don't know, I just meant it's not Durendal, Roland's alleged sword.

How is it stolen? Isn't the point that whomever can pull it out is now King? France could use some more political shakeup.
How indeed?!

I'm also wondering how it will be put back in place, once it's found.

jmo

How is it stolen? Isn't the point that whomever can pull it out is now King? France could use some more political shakeup.
Seriously, whoever pulled it out is probably less dangerous than the politicians the French are voting in right now. The thief for king of France!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back