Roman Polanski seeks dismissal of charges

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Respectfully snipped

He may very well never be jailed for this. However, how exactly do we know Polanski hasn't re-offended when he's been hiding out in France for the last 30 years?

He's not likely to re-offend in the US. As part of his original plea agreement, he was ordered deported - which, in an ironic way, he fulfilled for the last 30 years. Now what Polanski did/does in France, is France's problem.

Do you remember the teenage actress who had a relationship with Roman when she was 15. He obviously has not problem being a pervert.

He rapes a 13 year old and has a relationship with a minor child when she was 15 and he was well into 40's early 50's.

Once a pervert, always a pervert.....

Yes I do. I believe you are refering to Natasha Kinski? This did not happen in the US. So again, that is France's problem - and it seems France does not have a problem with it.

I can understand your fustration.

Regarding Polinski:

“My personal thoughts are let the guy go,” said Peg Yorkin, founder of the Feminist Majority Foundation.

Before your blood "boils", all is not lost ....

NOW president Terry O'Neill, said "I think that it's deplorable that some celebrities, and I emphasis the word 'some,' are supporting rape, supporting the destruction of the life of a 13-year-old girl."

Nastassja Kinski following her appearance in Tess.

Damned right.

I think there was a rape or implied rape scene in that film. It's a very sad film.

From IMDB on Nastassja's bio:

Nastassja Kinski spent some days in a German prison when a sin of youth caught up with her. She had used public transportation several times without paying, did not pay the fines, did not work in a hospital as she was sentenced to do by a juvenile court... In 1978 she was finally arrested. She spent 5 days in prison despite being already a celebrity at that time. After 5 days she was released early because of good conduct.

Ironic, isn't it?!

Yes and 700 Hollywood insiders signed a petition requesting he be released from jail...they are seriously out of touch with the mainstream. I saw Adrian Brody's name, Penelope Cruz's name, Scorsese, Michael Mann, Terry Gilliam....head shakin to me.

No offense meant to anyone but I am certain that the victim in this case also had a few days of tiredness and depression.

JMO

The ironic thing here is that IF Polanski had just done the time back in the day... this whole thing would be effectively OVER. The victim seemingly has done a lot to rebuild her life over the years. Polanski's film making career woudln't have been side tracked very long by the deal he AGREED TO...

What irks me is when you skip out on the sentencing, hide out for 30 years and then excpect to get let off the hook for a crime you admitted to?!?!

I am also dismayed by the support Polanski has received from his peers. Of course Woody Allen tops the list... but with friends like that... I guess you could argue that John Wayne Gacy was a good artist (he painted clown pictures) and would deserve the support of artists or that since Charles Manson wrote some ok song lyrics the music industry should support him...

Mr. Polanski is planning on offering a substantial amount in cash on monday if he is allowed bail. This is my favorite part of this article:
"Herve Temime told France-Info radio Sunday the latest offer is in cash. He wouldn't say how much. He said Polanski would accept the extradition decision "whatever it is" and assured his client would never behave "like a fugitive."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091101...N5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNjYXNoYmFpbG9mZmU-

No offense to prosecutors, but if this is accepted they will look like complete and utter fools. Yeah, his client would NEVER behave like a fugitive. Bettin his fingers were crossed behind his back,lol....

Surprised this isn't getting more exposure:

Gore Vidal rips Roman Polanski rape victim as ‘hooker’

"...“Look, am I going to sit and weep every time a young hooker feels as though she’s being taken advantage of?” said Vidal, a screenwriter and novelist, who ran in the same circles as Polanski in the 1970s..."

He must have a book coming out. He deserves a "PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEEE" headline.

As they say on the street, "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime."

Polanski admitted what he did, so there's no question that he did the crime.

He chose to skip out on the "time," which causes the "time" required to remain the same.

Plus, isn't it also a separate violation to abscond? At 50 years old, or whatever age he was when he fled the country, he knew exactly what he was doing.

And didnt he then have some kind of affair with the young, what's her name, Natasha kinskis? after he got to france? :waitasec:

Things don’t appear to be looking too good for director Roman Polanski – currently under house arrest in Switzerland for the sexual assault of a 13-year old girl back in 1977 – at the moment, as reports say that another accuser has come forward recently.

A British woman is said to have come forward on Friday, alleging sexual assault against “The Ghost Writer” director. In a recent press conference at her attorney Gloria Allred’s office, Charlotte Lewis said that Polanski had sexually abused her in the worst way possible, at the age of 16.

Lewis, an actress who appeared in Polanski’s 1986 movie “Pirates,” claims that the attack happened in Paris in 1982, which was four years after he fled the United States to escape sentencing for the sexual assault on the 13-year old Samantha Geimer............(more @ link)
http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20100514/roman-polanski-new-accuser-comes-forward/

I have no doubt Roman Polanski is a pedophile(his 'consensual'relationship with a then 15 year old Natassja Kinski confirms that) and although I have issues with how his criminal trial went about I have no doubt he was guilty of raping a 13 year old girl.
I found this woman coming forward very interesting(although Gloria A is representing her....yuck....O/T but I used love Gloria..I can't stand her famewhoring ways though..)but the timing and above mentioned lawyer representative makes me wonder.....

I can also separate his talent from his crimes and wish his "defenders" in the hollywood elite could too!!!!!!

I'm a big Roman lover and have a hard time with his crime. I freely admit this. I know he committed a crime though. I do not understand his victim's response in this crime.

I have been following this crime (just the facts) on my other line since the start.
I do not know if I believe the newest victim.
Thanks for the update.
Goz

"I can also separate his talent from his crimes and wish his "defenders" in the hollywood elite could too!!!!!!"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss
Back