Ron and family psych profile

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your post was very interesting. I tend to think of psychopath is a psychopath, I am not sure if intelligence plays a factor at all?

I think in this case g'ma is very important as she is NO ordinary grandma (rumor... she made Ron kick Misty a$$ to the curb so to speak...Ron did the rest), that we normally think of (I am scared of that woman, but I would take Ron on any day over her). I bet TN has many issues with her...funny I can't ever remember her adding her in giving sentiments about Haleigh. She didn't say "I sent my Mom over" or "My Mom & I just want Haley back", "We are all worried sick".

Nor did Ronald (in his phone interview with Dana T.) mention GGMS specifically by name when Dana asked him something about ..'was there anything he wanted to say' RC said ..(not verbatim) ..that he wanted to tell Jr, TN, family and his 'girlfriend' (wink wink, I don't believe he has a g-friend) that he loves him and mentioned something re: he'll never quit trying to find his daughter (he made sure not to forget HaLeigh, although he still didn't call her by name :snooty:) He did not say GGMS which probably means nothing and could be easily argued that she was included in "family", but it still struck me as ODD...

Nor did Ronald (in his phone interview with Dana T.) mention GGMS specifically by name when Dana asked him something about ..'was there anything he wanted to say' RC said ..(not verbatim) ..that he wanted to tell Jr, TN, family and his 'girlfriend' (wink wink, I don't believe he has a g-friend) that he loves him and mentioned something re: he'll never quit trying to find his daughter (he made sure not to forget HaLeigh, although he still didn't call her by name :snooty:) He did not say GGMS which probably means nothing and could be easily argued that she was included in "family", but it still struck me as ODD...
& his talking about his girlfriend struck me as delusional. Does he think he's gonna be free in a couple of months to pursue this love? Also, I picked up that he seemed impressed that Misty was holding strong & hadn't cracked.

It's my opinion that even really bad people aren't all bad-just like really good people aren't all good. Ron must have some genuinely good qualities or Crystal & Misty wouldn't have stuck with him for so long. If he was beating the s*it out of them 24/7, they would've left sooner. & no, I don't think it was for the drugs. A cute girl can score drugs pretty easily. I think about some of the pictures of Ron & Haleigh & she seemed really happy & loved. I also think about that news clip where Ron slapped Misty's butt...so, I guess he has a playful side. (as innappropriate as that seemed with his child missing). & then I think about him decapitating a rat, sticking a gun in his mouth, terrorizing teenaged girls & I realize this guy is a Dr. Jeckel Mr. Hyde, with a hair trigger temper. It'll be real interesting to get a psychiatric profile of him-if his case goes that far.

Before I can even pretend to psychoanalyze the family dynamic, does anyone even know who Ron lived with and when [in his underage years]?

Any idea when his parents divorced?

The court dockets charging Teresa, Katrina, and Annette of phone harassment and custodial interference [which were all dropped from what I can see] have me curious as all get-out. Who's child was it?

Not to be rude, but I'm not familiar with any family anywhere like any of these families, but they may be pretty normal in real life vs. on paper.

IMO Ron's family is not much different than the Anthony's. Enabling, co-dependancy, enmeshment, lack of healthy boundries, wicked entitlement issues, lack of responsibility & accountability with no actual parenting ever taking place. But IMO they have an addition to their mix that the Anthony's do not have, shared addiction. Addiction adds its own complications.. drug (or whatever it is the person is addicted to) seeking behaviors which often go hand in hand with criminal (or anti-social, not so much "psychopathic") behaviors.

:twocents:

IMO Ron's family is not much different than the Anthony's. Enabling, co-dependancy, enmeshment, lack of healthy boundries, wicked entitlement issues, lack of responsibility & accountability with no actual parenting ever taking place. But IMO they have an addition to their mix that the Anthony's do not have, shared addiction. Addiction adds its own complications.. drug (or whatever it is the person is addicted to) seeking behaviors which often go hand in hand with criminal (or anti-social, not so much "psychopathic") behaviors.

:twocents:
Wow! I know a family exactly like the one you described. They share addictions. It's my daughter's ex boyfriend's family & they are the most dysfunctional family ouside of the Cummings that you could ever meet. They even deal drugs together. If it weren't so dam*ed heartbreaking, I might see a little humor. Actually, sharing drugs & addictions causes a family to be sicker than you could imagine. almost like incest. It erases boundaries that should never be crossed.

RC is a very angry person and I think it started about his needing and wanting a father in his life. It seems he wanted to stay close to TM when he came on scene but we all know what happened there. He appears to need a male to relate to and I don't see any around him. His mother has total control which I bet he hates but his dependency needs are so great, he is helpless. I bet theirs is a torrid relationship...love, hate...but he needs her.

He may displace his anger and take it out on the females in his life...
I think he learned how to view and manipulate the world through his mother.

I notice he chooses his words and is very vague just like his mother. She guides him on how to deal with people. He is a very lonely person and TN was grateful for any female that took a liking to him and IMO she may have gone out of her way to appear generous to assure rc has them around. I think she would support any female who her son has chosen to be with because deep down, she knows how bad he is, if left by himself. IMO, rc is very disturbed and everyone walks on eggshells around him so he doesn't explode.

Lester Cummings has been around to some extent, as evidenced by the Geraldo interview, but as to how much he has been "allowed" to participate in RC's upbringing is anyone's guess. With what little I have seen reported on him, he isn't exactly the best influence for a child/young man. (imo) I wonder if Donald Sykes wasn't more the male influence in RC's life. Scary thought, isn't it?

The wiki article on Psychopathy indicates there is a strong genetic factor... an interesting thing to bear in mind when looking around at the family dynamics as a whole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

Here is the Hare checklist, Factor One is associated with strong genetic traits, and two, with both genetic and environmental:

Factor 1
Aggressive narcissism

1. Glibness/superficial charm
2. Grandiose sense of self-worth
3. Pathological lying
4. Cunning/manipulative
5. Lack of remorse or guilt
6. Emotionally shallow
7. Callous/lack of empathy
8. Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

Factor 2
Socially deviant lifestyle

1. Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
2. Parasitic lifestyle
3. Poor behavioral control
4. Promiscuous sexual behavior
5. Lack of realistic, long-term goals
6. Impulsiveness
7. Irresponsibility
8. Juvenile delinquency
9. Early behavioral problems
10. Revocation of conditional release

Traits not correlated with either factor

1. Many short-term marital relationships
2. Criminal versatility

Wow! I know a family exactly like the one you described. They share addictions. It's my daughter's ex boyfriend's family & they are the most dysfunctional family ouside of the Cummings that you could ever meet. They even deal drugs together. If it weren't so dam*ed heartbreaking, I might see a little humor. Actually, sharing drugs & addictions causes a family to be sicker than you could imagine. almost like incest. It erases boundaries that should never be crossed.

Bold is mine-

ITA. You would probably be surprised to learn how many family's have this issue. IMO, though Ron claims to love his mother he's got lotsa rage toward her and it comes across in his dealings with all women (or girls) he claims to love.

It's a shame Haleigh's mother was put on the defensive by media [and us] from the get-go.

She may have been able and more willing to share valuable insight into the paternal family's dynamics.

JMO

If [and that's a definite IF] Ron did whatever it was that happened to Haleigh, is the whole family going to go down with him?

It's hard to tell who has actually told LE what regarding that weekend and that night, but if Elisa, Annette, Teresa, Katrina, and his sister all helped in obscuring the truth, they'll all go to prison except for the one to cut the first deal with prosecutors.

I can't even imagine that kind of family loyalty.

Bet Thanksgiving and Christmas were pretty darned interesting down there if this is indeed the case. [And if it is, it's pretty dysfunctional IMO.]

And what about the uncle who said, "you don't rat on family" (or something like that). Isn't that all but saying you have info. that might be construed as "ratting on family"? ...it was a very telling comment to me...JHMO

Speaking of the no "rat" clause in this family, another wiki page of interest is the legal term, Accessory, which I think will have some impact in this case...

Here is a quick definition:

An accessory must generally have knowledge that a crime is being, or will be committed. A person with such knowledge may become an accessory by helping or encouraging the criminal in some way, or simply by failing to report the crime to proper authority. The assistance to the criminal may be of any type, including emotional or financial assistance as well as physical assistance or concealment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessory_(legal_term)

Bold is mine-

ITA. You would probably be surprised to learn how many family's have this issue. IMO, though Ron claims to love his mother he's got lotsa rage toward her and it comes across in his dealings with all women (or girls) he claims to love.

That's mo as well OLG..only wish I could word it as eloquently!

Where does that rage toward her come from I wonder?
Obviously, I'm only going by what I have observed and intuition and of course have no expertise in the matter, but I am glad that someone else 'sees' that as well!

Speaking of the no "rat" clause in this family, another wiki page of interest is the legal term, Accessory, which I think will have some impact in this case...

Here is a quick definition:

An accessory must generally have knowledge that a crime is being, or will be committed. A person with such knowledge may become an accessory by helping or encouraging the criminal in some way, or simply by failing to report the crime to proper authority. The assistance to the criminal may be of any type, including emotional or financial assistance as well as physical assistance or concealment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessory_(legal_term)

thx for that.

There was a very interesting case re: accessory after the fact here in Putnam County around 1983. Defendant was named WESTBERRY, iirc.

He blames his mom for not having a father in his life...

most definantly. & you can tell how insecure he really is by the type of girlfriend he chooses-very young, uneducated, drug user, pitiful family background, promiscuous... the type he can feel superior to. Also, I've noticed that people tend to stay within their comfort zone & hook up with somebody they feel 'at home' with, so Ron picking Misty says a lot about his own background. Can you imagine him dating & feeling secure with a school teacher? I think he 'needs' to look down on women & probably thinks they are a bunch of *advertiser censored*. Even his latest girlfriend is supposedly a stripper. wonder if she's impressed with his noteriety. I'm sure he uses his 'fame' to his advantage.

Whisperer, I think you're probably right, but do you not think it's more than just that? Did we ever find out who raised RC for the most part? I just have a feeling that there may have been extended periods of time where TN was not around much. Total speculation on my part, but if that's the case, wonder if it was because of a man? Anyone know how much, if at all, Ronald's father was EVER in the picture? Just really curious is all! :waitasec:

I would love to read the profile of this whole family grouping in the HALEIGH ROOM!!!!

Whisperer, I think you're probably right, but do you not think it's more than just that? Did we ever find out who raised RC for the most part? I just have a feeling that there may have been extended periods of time where TN was not around much. Total speculation on my part, but if that's the case, wonder if it was because of a man? Anyone know how much, if at all, Ronald's father was EVER in the picture? Just really curious is all! :waitasec:

I'm with ya. Though I think not having a dad left it's scars I'm thinking his issues with his mother are more about her either not being there (pawning him off on others as he seems to also do with his children) or being there in body but being emotionally unavailable. I don't think Ron came first in his mothers life and IMO he's probably grown up wondering why. It's difficult for a child to be faced with that kind of knowledge and after awhile you kinda get tired of being sad (and blaming yourself.. wondering what you may have done wrong) so ya cover up the sad with mad. Then it just becomes a habit, a life long coping mechanism that ya can't seem to let go of.

RC is a very angry person and I think it started about his needing and wanting a father in his life. It seems he wanted to stay close to TM when he came on scene but we all know what happened there. He appears to need a male to relate to and I don't see any around him. His mother has total control which I bet he hates but his dependency needs are so great, he is helpless. I bet theirs is a torrid relationship...love, hate...but he needs her.

He may displace his anger and take it out on the females in his life...
I think he learned how to view and manipulate the world through his mother.

I notice he chooses his words and is very vague just like his mother. She guides him on how to deal with people. He is a very lonely person and TN was grateful for any female that took a liking to him and IMO she may have gone out of her way to appear generous to assure rc has them around. I think she would support any female who her son has chosen to be with because deep down, she knows how bad he is, if left by himself. IMO, rc is very disturbed and everyone walks on eggshells around him so he doesn't explode.
What you said about how bad he is, if left by himself, really makes sense. That may be why Teresa was so angry @ Crystal, (she left), & showed so much support towards Misty. Ron probably WAS better with Misty around, @ least @ 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member