Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The charges have not been dropped-

I don't know how they could be dropped given Sykes' testimony stating Ron reached into the vehicle....if it were just the Croslin family saying this--might be a bit suspicious---but Ron's grandmother on the police report pretty much has Ron committing a felony...

Defending himself on his grandma's property was not what got him arrested. He was arrested because he reached into the vehicle as they were preparing to leave, after Gma ordered them to, and continued to punch on Tommy. Burglary and assault. Simple.
The trespassing issue is just Misty and Granny's word against the Croslins. How would Granny know? She said the fight woke her up.
It is not confirmed that the charges were dropped, unless I missed that.

Doesn't the fact that MC, RC, and GGS told investigators the Croslins were uninvited and unwelcome suggest that they were trespassing? GGS physically "aided" the Croslins into their vehicle. It's her house and she didn't want them there. Just common sense tells me that her actions bear out the fact the Croslins were trespassing. JMHO

Muffet, just to be clear, I'm not accusing TM of lying, I just wonder due to the voice mail what other things he remembers incorrectly. Do you not consider that Tim confirmed that Ron also has suspicions?
His remembering incorrectly is a legitimate concern, but I also don't see a way for certain things to have been misinterpreted - like keeping his enemies close...

Even LE confirmed what Tim said about Ron saying the bed wasn't slept in, and yet Ron sat there during the interview with Misty and said not a word when she said it had.

Added to the things that TN did say on the recording, and Misty's results, and LE's statements, I cannot find a way to doubt that Ron has been lying - whether it is to LE, Misty, the public, or any combination of the three, I simply see no way around it.

That fact alone justifies people's lack of trust, IMO.

I don't understand how you can think that Ron did not harm Haleigh but he knows what happened and is obstructing justice to keep the truth hidden. Is it because we aren't aware if he has voiced these suspicions to LE?
I do not believe he has been working with LE for several reasons I've posted a few times before. Primarily, I don't think LE would have approved of the things he has said and done.

Because of that, and because I do not believe he would cover for Misty for Misty's sake alone, I believe Ron has a personal interest in keeping the truth from coming out. I think he justifies it to himself because he feels that Haleigh couldn't be saved by his coming clean.

Do you find it odd that after Ron and his attorney met with LE and the new FDLE investigator to go over phone records, shortly after they went to MA and had very long questioning of Misty's brother and SIL? If it took a new FDLE officer to question Timmy's phone records in that much detail, I wonder how much I would trust the people that were investigating this case up until now.
AFAIK, we don't know how much detail was entailed the first time the records were gone over, and the interview was not as long as was originally reported, according to Chelsea.

While I might have wondered about the previous investigative team, a new team started from scratch months ago, and they seem to be coming to the same conclusions as the first.

I'm sorry, but try as I might, considering all the factors, I cannot justify in my mind believing that the most likely scenario is that all the LE teams that have taken part in this have gotten it all so wrong.

Let's remember, it was Ron's family that called in Mark NeJame, and through Mark, Tim Miller. If it were not for them, there would not be this influx of new information that was all turned over to LE. If Ron were hiding something, why would he call them in? Ron clearly wants his daughter found. Ron wasn't trying to "hinder" the investigation, IMO. He was trying to find HaLeigh.

If they wanted this influx of new information, why does it feel like they're blaming Tim Miller because of it?
Does Mark Nejame still work on the case? What does he do?

As far as "hindering the investigation" - sorry... the ONLY person that has said that is TIM MILLER. While I greatly respect Tim's skills as a searcher, he is not an investigator. Tim is not in charge of this case. Right now, PCSO is in charge of the case. THEY have never said that RON is hindering this case.

No but they let it be understood that he wouldn't talk to them and had difficulties scheduling appointments with him, and he's protecting someone who keeps secrets.

They have said that MISTY is holding back information. Ron and his family set up Misty to undergo hypnosis. How is that hindering the investigating? They tried to get out of her whatever she may know.
That's A for effort, for sure.

What do all think would have happened 7 months ago if Misty had left Florida? Where would this investigation be now if her parents had sent her away like they wanted to?

I imagine she could just as easily have refused to tell the truth and walked out of interviews somewhere other than Florida. Then again, she might have cracked if something had gone differently and she'd been alone or something. But if LE have their eyes on her I don't think that leaving state is a get out of jail free card.

Doesn't the fact that MC, RC, and GGS told investigators the Croslins were uninvited and unwelcome suggest that they were trespassing? GGS physically "aided" the Croslins into their vehicle. It's her house and she didn't want them there. Just common sense tells me that her actions bear out the fact the Croslins were trespassing. JMHO

Committing one crime does not negate another. If RC had left it alone, without following them into the van, that may have made things look different. As it is, it is he said/sher said about the trespassing. MC, RC, and GGM say they weren't welcome; the Croslins say MC asked them to come get her.

I would like to think that all of us here are here for HaLeigh. I don't think we have all spent the last 7 months together for any other reason than because we WANT HALEIGH HOME. Granted, we don't all agree on many things, but I think we agree on that. We're all angry that HaLeigh is not where she belongs.

Let's remember, it was Ron's family that called in Mark NeJame, and through Mark, Tim Miller. If it were not for them, there would not be this influx of new information that was all turned over to LE. If Ron were hiding something, why would he call them in? Ron clearly wants his daughter found. Ron wasn't trying to "hinder" the investigation, IMO. He was trying to find HaLeigh.

As far as "hindering the investigation" - sorry... the ONLY person that has said that is TIM MILLER. While I greatly respect Tim's skills as a searcher, he is not an investigator. Tim is not in charge of this case. Right now, PCSO is in charge of the case. THEY have never said that RON is hindering this case. They have said that MISTY is holding back information. Ron and his family set up Misty to undergo hypnosis. How is that hindering the investigating? They tried to get out of her whatever she may know.

What do all think would have happened 7 months ago if Misty had left Florida? Where would this investigation be now if her parents had sent her away like they wanted to?

No proof of that....Tn statements not withstanding. I believe that she and her family are playing games with LE.

I don't know how they could be dropped given Sykes' testimony stating Ron reached into the vehicle....if it were just the Croslin family saying this--might be a bit suspicious---but Ron's grandmother on the police report pretty much has Ron committing a felony...

I have asked this before and no one has ever answered. Was Tommy still on the property when Ron reached into the car?

If your only concern is to get trespassers off your property it is hardly good sense to attack them in their car just when they are about to leave because having to field an attack slows their departure down.

Originally Posted by stilettos

Thank you for sharing your opinion. I am not afraid to stand by my words. I challenge Ronald Cummings to prove himself innocent in the crimes he has been accused of, the lies he has been caught in......I stand behind my post. Trying to misdirect and sway an investigation of abduction or murder is crime and some people should be mindful of that fact.
BBM

This is a fact and why many will be locked up after all is said and done. Let me remind you that the above mentioned crime has been commited by Crystal and her family since the begining.

This sounds stated as fact so forgive me for being confused, texamommy39, WHAT CRIME did Crystal and her family commit?

TIA.

If your only concern is to get trespassers off your property it is hardly good sense to attack them in their car just when they are about to leave because having to field an attack slows their departure down.

What was stopping them from leaving? It's not like someone took their keys from them and I haven't heard they were having car difficulties. IMO, you should not enter onto another person's property uninvited and unwelcome, and when asked to leave by the property owner and/or residents, you should do so immediately.

Well it isn't to me. Unless you mean the people who are in contact with a lawyer and a mother since early in the case?

Ya know....VolLady.....I believe that there has been direction and misdirection coordinated online from the primaries in this case from the beginning...continuing currently. I know that I am not one that speaks with and is influenced by anyone involved in this case. Although I must say, I would love to pick the brain of the Judge in charge of the drug cases in Putnam County.

What was stopping them from leaving? It's not like someone took their keys from them and I haven't heard they were having car difficulties. IMO, you should not enter onto another person's property uninvited and unwelcome, and when asked to leave by the property owner and/or residents, you should do so immediately.

So what became of the trespassing charges? TIA.

BBM. From the accounts on the report, it was Ron entering the vehicle and starting a fight again. It is difficult to drive if under attack.

I agree that people shouldn't come onto another person's property uninvited and should leave if asked but I also think that people should refrain from violence unless it's absolutely necessary. It didn't seem necessary in this case. They could have stayed inside and called LE if family members on their yard felt like a threat.

There are NOT any trespassing charges to speak of.....It is only an OPINION when people say that the Croslin's were trespassing.

I'm thinking that LE taking Ronald Cummings away in handcuffs shows who the REAL criminal was in that regard.

BBM. From the accounts on the report, it was Ron entering the vehicle and starting a fight again. It is difficult to drive if under attack.

I agree that people shouldn't come onto another person's property uninvited and should leave if asked but I also think that people should refrain from violence unless it's absolutely necessary. It didn't seem necessary in this case. They could have stayed inside and called LE if family members on their yard felt like a threat.

Exactly. If people don't depart when asked, you dont lunge at them - you pick up the phone and call the cops.

If someone is in the act of leaving the property that hardly seems like a personal THREAT requiring "self defense." sheesh.

I have asked this before and no one has ever answered. Was Tommy still on the property when Ron reached into the car?

It doesn't matter- Ron reached in Jr Croslins car and right then and there, the car being on the property does negate that fact- the car being on their property does not make it theirs-

jmo

No proof of that....Tn statements not withstanding. I believe that she and her family are playing games with LE.

Oh, so you think Tim Miller is lying? He's the one who said the family wanted the tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member