Ron C. # 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! I am new to posting, although I have been following this site and others for some time. I am aware that the drugs of choice for the parties involved revolve mostly around pot and pills. I was curious, though, has anyone heard rumblings about these "morphine pops" and any connection to this?

Welcome and in answer to your question there has been nothing, that I'm aware of, specifically related to "morphine pops" but there is specific mention of "morphine" in Ronald's prior arrest records...

On SEPTEMBER 26, 2005 Ronald Cummings was charged with….
POSSESSION OF MORPHINE – DROPPED

(unable to find the direct link to the arrest record itself but there is a copy/pasted version at the link below)

MOO - NMS

http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/81919214001/m/89619434001

Welcome and in answer to your question there has been nothing, that I'm aware of, specifically related to "morphine pops" but there is specific mention of "morphine" in Ronald's prior arrest records...

(unable to find the direct link to the arrest record itself but there is a copy/pasted version at the link below)

MOO - NMS

Which may have been something like having the pills in a different container than the one from the pharmacy, like a pill box. He obviously provided a prescription since the charges were dropped. moo.

This occurred in Sarasota County, the case was dropped 10/18/05 - if you go to the Sarasota Court house you can read the probable cause affidavit and the courts reason for dismissal of charges. You will also notice that the charges of violation of protection order were dismissed at the same time - as he had not been served the order involving Crystal at that time and Crystal was with RC when the drugs were discovered.

MOO - NMS

Which may have been something like having the pills in a different container than the one from the pharmacy, like a pill box. He obviously provided a prescription since the charges were dropped. moo.

Actually I don't think it's obvious at all that Ronald must have provided a legitimate script/thus the charges were dropped. I have seen nothing "on the record" that states the reason "as fact" why the charges were dropped against Ronald in this case. There are numerous other possibilities, happens all the time. What is obvious to me is that, like everything else in this case, we'll probably never know the truth... MOO - NMS

Actually I don't think it's obvious at all that Ronald must have provided a legitimate script/thus the charges were dropped. I have seen nothing "on the record" that states the reason "as fact" why the charges were dropped against Ronald in this case. There are numerous other possibilities, happens all the time. What is obvious to me is that, like everything else in this case, we'll probably never know the truth... MOO - NMS

ITA.. I have had charges dropped on some things if I was willing to cop to (accept a plea bargin) other charges. Happens all the time.

Morphine is a very serious drug. Not prescribed very often unless the patient is in extreme pain. I can't imagine why Ron would need such a powerful pain killer especially if he wasn't in a hospital or bedridden with extensive injuries. Has Ron suffered a debilitating injury? I haven't seen anything mentioning this.

ITA.. I have had charges dropped on some things if I was willing to cop to (accept a plea bargin) other charges. Happens all the time.

I don't see that he "copped" to anything, the other charge was also dropped. Again, MOO.

Morphine is a very serious drug. Not prescribed very often unless the patient is in extreme pain. I can't imagine why Ron would need such a powerful pain killer especially if he wasn't in a hospital or bedridden with extensive injuries. Has Ron suffered a debilitating injury? I haven't seen anything mentioning this.
My mother was perscribed 2mg of morphine last week for a gallbladder attack. She was not in the hospital, she was seen by her reg. Dr.
Morphine is prescribed for moderate to severe pain. My husband has also taken it for back pain when he was in the military.

Wow. well, while we're disclosing.......my husband was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, and when we discovered it, was in his brain, lungs, chest cavity, lymph nodes, kidneys, had destroyed his left hip, and took him from a 196 lb nothing-but-muscle man to a 85 lb corpse in less than 4 months. He was never prescribed morphine, not because his physician was Machiavelli, but because it didn't warrant it.

Ronald seems a lot healthier than my husband was in his 4 months of knowing he had cancer, before it killed him.

Wow. well, while we're disclosing.......my husband was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, and when we discovered it, was in his brain, lungs, chest cavity, lymph nodes, kidneys, had destroyed his left hip, and took him from a 196 lb nothing-but-muscle man to a 85 lb corpse in less than 4 months. He was never prescribed morphine, not because his physician was Machiavelli, but because it didn't warrant it.

Ronald seems a lot healthier than my husband was in his 4 months of knowing he had cancer, before it killed him.

Debs, I am deeply sorry for your loss, I can't imagine the grief and obstacles that you had to overcome. I envy your strength.

As far as the morphine, I hate to even look at the word, I have a family member that is going to surely die if they can't get clean and turn things around.

I don't see that he "copped" to anything, the other charge was also dropped. Again, MOO.

Right you are! All the charges were dropped in this arrest.

It would serve everyone well to do some research into this arrest. There are reasons why the charges were dropped.

I wish all those docs were available online. I'm sure they would shock some people. Then again, given the revelations of the past 2 days, maybe not.

My mother was perscribed 2mg of morphine last week for a gallbladder attack. She was not in the hospital, she was seen by her reg. Dr.
Morphine is prescribed for moderate to severe pain. My husband has also taken it for back pain when he was in the military.

I agree. It's not difficult to get any more. .. pain clinics and docs who prescribe pretty much anything you want are growing rapidly. My neighbor is on morphine for Fibromyalgia. She gets the patches and hands 'em out like they are candy.

As far as Ron's charges go, I have not studied what he has been charged with or when but there are other ways besides a plea bargain that the charges could have been dropped such as unsupervised probation. Which is, simply put, going a certain amount of time with no arrests, (following the conditions but not offically being on probation) and they drop the charges. It could also have been dismissed if the court ordered him into rehab and he followed the orders or made him do community service and he completed the time. Lack of evidence or giving LE info about others engaged in "worse" crimes (being a rat) could also be cause for a case to be dismissed. There are many reasons charges could dropped.

Just popping in, sorry I missed your question earlier.

I read about the contact that Marty and Ronald had in the Bar documents that are posted up in the sticky thread. Have you had a chance to read all of them? Kim did speak of it. I do not mean to say that Marty and Ronald are on friendly terms now, I don't think that at all.

This Marty person has piqued my interest.

302th.gif

Sorry debs, I have a similar story with my husband. He was diagnosed with melanoma in his eye. Lost his eye but it was too late to help. He died in nine months, almost every bone in his body broken. He was hooked up to a morphine pump plus other drugs until he passed away. Sorry for your loss. I was put on morphine following a third spine surgery that went very bad. Didn't work very well for the pain so I was put on something different. The question is, when was Ron injured so severely that he had to go on morphine to control the pain?

That's exactly the point, LoneTraveler..........there are catastrophic reasons for morphine....what was Ronald Cummings' reason?

Morphine is used a lot in pain management. My brother was on it for a while and my SIL took it for a few years.

Morphine is used a lot in pain management. My brother was on it for a while and my SIL took it for a few years.

i'ma guess that your brother (and your SIL) had a 'scrip and was never arrested and later on had the charges dropped.

That's exactly the point, LoneTraveler..........there are catastrophic reasons for morphine....what was Ronald Cummings' reason?

Don't forget...there was another person in the car with Ron.

Perhaps the drugs were that person's. And perhaps THAT is the reason the charges were dropped.

It pays to do some research. :angel:

ETA - sorry... thought I was in the bar complaint thread...

"accidental injuries" debs, what more is there to know?! I can't even hardly type that with a straight face! :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487