Ron. C. #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, this is the only forum that is having any trouble as far as alerts go.

Pretty please, no personal attacks, no name calling.

For me, for Christmas, OK?

Maybe this will bring the conversation back around. I really like this picture, Haleigh looks so interested in that fish!

Attachments

• Daddy and daughter fishing.jpg
    Daddy and daughter fishing.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 8
Again, this is the only forum that is having any trouble as far as alerts go.

Pretty please, no personal attacks, no name calling.

For me, for Christmas, OK?

Why come Tricia is banned? Somebody's gonna be in big trouble.

Blaise

originally posted by Baxter~

It looks like in this interview, Ron is saying police DID say it:

"The police have been telling me that I've been keeping Misty under my wing and that's why she hasn't talked to the cops," Ronald Cummings told a "Nancy Grace" producer, Marlaina Schiavo, Tuesday. "So now, here you go, I divorced her. So now go find my baby."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/06/...rce/index.html

Hi Baxter, I hope you don't mind me bringing your post here, if so I will delete. :)

I just can't believe that Ronald said this! Who would say something like that?! Ok, Ronald would, obviously....I am speechless...and that's a very rare thing..

Honestly I can't figure out if he's blaming everyone else for his divorce OR if he feels like (in his mind) he's doing HaLeigh a favor by divorcing Misty, therefore allowing LE et al to now look for 'his baby'? I don't understand this comment at all, but his sense of entitlement sures shines right through :sick:...in my humble opinion..

Because Crystal's attorney dumped her because of all the lies that she told and because her attorney found out that she is still into drugs.

Ron has already stated that he has told LE all that he knows which is next to nothing as he was at work when Haleigh went missing. What is the point of going in to talk to them and just saying the same things over and over and over? He can't speak for Misty as she is the only one who knows the true story about that night. He doesn't know what she was doing while he was at work. I would get tired of repeating myself too.

Please, please excuse me if I don't believe a da** word that Ron Cummings says. IMO, he is nothing but a liar. But, I will agree with you on one point, there is absolutely no reason for him to go in to speak with LE if he is only going to sit there and lie. And no, I don't believe that Misty is the only one who knows the true story. In fact, I don't believe anything these two say. That is the problem, both of the major players in this case choose to just sit there and lie. They have absolutely no interest in Haleigh being found. It is not to their benefit for Haleigh to be found. They just want everyone to go away, everything about Haleigh to just go away so that they can go on with their sorry lives. There are many of us who do not have to do as you instruct us to do. We have our own opinons and thoughts about this case and believe it or not, you are not going to dictate that we change our views. So, if you are tired of repeating yourself, I suggest you go on about your business and just don't repeat yourself................bye now.

Honestly I can't figure out if he's blaming everyone else for his divorce OR if he feels like (in his mind) he's doing HaLeigh a favor by divorcing Misty, therefore allowing LE et al to now look for 'his baby'? I don't understand this comment at all, but his sense of entitlement sures shines right through :sick:...in my humble opinion..

Wait a minute. He married Misty because that is what Haleigh would have wanted. Now, he's divorced her in order for LE to find Haleigh? Someone please help me understand this guy. Scream

Wait a minute. He married Misty because that is what Haleigh would have wanted. Now, he's divorced her in order for LE to find Haleigh? Someone please help me understand this guy. Scream

Oh L@rd az, it's SO not funny, but you have no idea how much I needed that laugh today! TY so much!

:scream: H :scream: E :scream: L :scream: P :scream:! :scream:

I think that Ron has been saying one thing about LE in public and a different thing to Misty. I don't know whether LE was in on this or not. If one buys into the concept that he married Misty because he thought it was the only way he (or anyone) could get to the truth about Haleigh, then it would only make sense that he tell her privately and say publically what she wanted to hear. That's the only way this scheme would work.

What Ron was saying behind the scenes to LE is another matter, and we have no idea what was said between them. But, it sounds to me like he told them that he thought this was the only way to discover Haleigh's fate and that LE told him that his scheme stunk. I think he eventually realized that LE was right and his scheme wasn't working, so he gave up on it and divorced her. Now, he is saying he'll back off and let LE do their job and find his child.

At least, Pondering, this is how I interpret it. I think Ron was wrong to think he had a better way to handle the situation. He should have let LE do their job and he should have cooperated any way he could on their terms. I don't see him as having a sense of entitlement as much as him thinking he knew Misty better than anyone and so he knew better than LE.

The way he stated this was, IMO, a face-saving technique. Instead of saying, well, I failed at my try, so I'll step back and not get in the way of you doing your job, he said well, since you didn't like my technique, I'll let you have a shot at it! JMO.

Please, please excuse me if I don't believe a da** word that Ron Cummings says. IMO, he is nothing but a liar. But, I will agree with you on one point, there is absolutely no reason for him to go in to speak with LE if he is only going to sit there and lie. And no, I don't believe that Misty is the only one who knows the true story. In fact, I don't believe anything these two say. That is the problem, both of the major players in this case choose to just sit there and lie. They have absolutely no interest in Haleigh being found. It is not to their benefit for Haleigh to be found. They just want everyone to go away, everything about Haleigh to just go away so that they can go on with their sorry lives. There are many of us who do not have to do as you instruct us to do. We have our own opinons and thoughts about this case and believe it or not, you are not going to dictate that we change our views. So, if you are tired of repeating yourself, I suggest you go on about your business and just don't repeat yourself................bye now.

bbm

I agree with you completely on the first of these two bolded points. For whatever reasons, due to the way both Ron and Misty were raised or due to their life experiences, they learned to talk their way out of everything, regardless of what the truth is. Whatever they have to say to get themselves out of a predicament becomes, to them, the "truth". I don't know whether they themselves really believe it or not. Personally, I just can't tell a lie. If I try, it's written all over my face and I can't talk straight, but many people don't seem to give it a second thought.

On the second point, I agree with you on the part of Misty. In fact, contrary to what she says, I think she hopes that Haleigh will not be found because she (Misty) was involved on some level. I still haven't come to the belief that Ron was involved, however, because there is so much evidence that he loved this child dearly and I do think he wants her to be found more than anything. This is not to say I think he was a perfect parent by any means. He made many mistakes in life and managed to get himself in constant trouble by his own doing. He definitely has faults and bad traits. But despite all this, I don't think he would have allowed any harm to come to this little girl. JMO.

I think that Ron has been saying one thing about LE in public and a different thing to Misty. I don't know whether LE was in on this or not. If one buys into the concept that he married Misty because he thought it was the only way he (or anyone) could get to the truth about Haleigh, then it would only make sense that he tell her privately and say publically what she wanted to hear. That's the only way this scheme would work.

What Ron was saying behind the scenes to LE is another matter, and we have no idea what was said between them. But, it sounds to me like he told them that he thought this was the only way to discover Haleigh's fate and that LE told him that his scheme stunk. I think he eventually realized that LE was right and his scheme wasn't working, so he gave up on it and divorced her. Now, he is saying he'll back off and let LE do their job and find his child.

At least, Pondering, this is how I interpret it. I think Ron was wrong to think he had a better way to handle the situation. He should have let LE do their job and he should have cooperated any way he could on their terms. I don't see him as having a sense of entitlement as much as him thinking he knew Misty better than anyone and so he knew better than LE.

The way he stated this was, IMO, a face-saving technique. Instead of saying, well, I failed at my try, so I'll step back and not get in the way of you doing your job, he said well, since you didn't like my technique, I'll let you have a shot at it! JMO.

BBM...BINGO

YOU are oh so right in regards to your assessment of the games he has been trying to run on anyone and everyone since day one....However I won't refer to his tactics as being a face saving technique, I'm more inclined to go along with it being a diabolical... lying.. two faced technique that has been launched to take down anyone and everyone.. just as long as it isn't him....

HE has played two ends against the middle with everyone who has been involved in this case.. God only knows what he has told LE.. I highly suspect its the same kinda carp he tried to run on Cobra the night Cobra wanted Misty to do a re-enactment.. Same goes with Tim Miller and Mark NeJame..And the list goes on...

I pray LE has his cunning number and hasn't bought into any of his conniving... diabolical.. two faced...forked tongue... LIES...
And I also pray that the ONLY reason they have NOT hauled him in yet is due to the fact they are unable to find Haleigh and can't get anyone to come forward to tell the TRUTH as to what really happened to her....
And I pray no one, down there, involved in LE is covering his rear or theirs...JMO

It may be he got rid of Misty because of DCF. He stook a less chance of keeping jr with Misty around, most likely due to her RO against her own brother.

That combined with he doesn't like cameras and he doesn't want to be caught EVER doing something wrong, he had to get rid of her. She drew too much attention.

He was done with her. He needed her to avoid jail. If LE wanted to get nasty down the road or if Misty decided to prosecute, he was dead meat.

He achieved his goals and wants to move on. He has money now to play with...new experience for him.l

Maybe this will bring the conversation back around. I really like this picture, Haleigh looks so interested in that fish!

I agree elle! She sure does look interested in that fish...... that is also one of my favs....

1. You stated, "As a stepparent, I can tell you..."

I think that statement which I've taken out of context post could very well explain why some of the posters feel the way that they do. Every single poster attempts to use the facts and information available to them to try and theorize what happened to Haleigh. Each uses their own personal experience to make sense of it, to filter that information through.
While this is purely my opinion, I would love to see what kind of answers we would get if we posted a poll asking what sort or parenting situation you are in (Stepparent, domestic partnership, biological parent, and so forth) and what you think happened to Haleigh. My guess would be that there would be interesting numbers of stepparents who think that CS and company were responsible. Like I said, MOO.

Thanks for the kind words, which I deleted for space purposes.

You make an excellent point that people often are blind to anything that can be seen outside of their own experience or through something other than their own filter (good metaphor). My point, though, was that the presence of a stepparent or live-in boy/girlfriend is not an indicator that the individual will assume or has assumed the role of "primary parental influence." I am aware of the dynamics not only through my own experience, but through years of reading family systems therapy theory and working with psychologists in the context of my professional life. It is also true that some people abdicate that parental responsibility to others, including stepparents. I don't see any evidence that Ron did that.

Just as a general observation, people who go for custody just to avoid child support payments clearly don't understand how much it costs to feed, clothe, educate, and provide medical care for children who are living in their household. As I read the custody hearing, it seems likely that Crystal's failure to take the kids to the doctor, especially crucial in Haleigh's case, had to be at least as important as any irrational financial motives. The fact that Crystal failed to show up for the first hearing certainly supports the concern raised by Ron about her ability to manage medical appointments and other events that require a parent to show up, on time, with the child. So, for me, speculating about Ron's alleged financial motives takes a back seat to what is clearly a real and important concern. Again, I am not here arguing that Ron is a perfect parent, only that I can see important and unselfish motives for him to seek custody. And certainly, the relationship between Crystal and the kids would be better if they weren't in the situation every day of living with her addiction.

That said, from Crystal to Misty? Out of frying pan, into fire. But that speaks to what may be Ron's infallible ability to spot an addict to date. (And this from one who never missed an alcoholic to fall in love with...to draw on my own experience again.).

Here's to good debate, kindness, and civility in the holiday season. And to finding out what happened to Haleigh.

Anyone know if rc has any addicitions? That is never discussed. As working with types very similar to rc, you can bet he does. Even doing the filing for the kids, he was arrested for drugs. Why does he get a break on this? Why is this not mentioned by his loyal followers?

But Crystal is bad because she alledegly has taken them. Would somebody tell me what they are. I saw where it was said Chloe as addicted when she was born....what drug was Chloe addicted to? I don't recall reading about the specifics of what drugs she takes.

When Crystal did not take the children to the dr (she did not drive), who was she living with? I wonder if it was GMA. So the father of the parent just let 12 dr. appts get missed and never made arrangements for them to go? What kind of father would do this? He had a mother and GMA that didn't work, they could have helped, especially if he was living with them. I cannot believe that he was the responsible parent and she wasn't. For all we know, she could have had post-partum depression. RC was awfully eager to gain custody of a six month old and a toddler before cs filed for child support. Looks like he didn't want to pay support to crystal....he must have had help to pulll this off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab