Ron C. #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you think LE have other suspects in mind and want to talk to RC about those other leads??? It seems to me they are trying to put the blame on RC, particularly given their public statements. He's already done a lie detector. If he knew anything that could help find Haleigh I'm sure he'd tell them about it, but whillst they continue to make public statements like they are, IMO they are not helping the investigation at all....why would he want to tallk to them when they are trying to pin it on him and/or his wife??? I would only talk to LE if I believed they were looking for my daughter, not if they were trying to use my actions as a scapegoat for their incompetence.

BBM: Where did you read this in my post? I have not posted anything about LE saying anything about a suspect. I'm saying that this "concerned" father should answer any questions that LE may even think they have, ANY QUESTIONS, period. Different LDT can have different questions on them. Again, there is absolutely no excuse for Ron not to talk with LE unless he is charged with a crime and has lawyered up, he should be at the station everyday offering any information that LE may need to effectively investigate this case, period.

Aren't there different people in charge of this case now? I'm sure that they most likely have their own questions and opinions about what needs to be cleared up. It appears that Ron does not care if he is an obstacle or not. I think that Ron has a problem with anyone questioning him or his actions. He needs to man up and be a father and stop thinking about his own butt. He needs to take a few lessons from Marc Klaus. Who is it that he thinks LE has not questioned? Why doesn't he give LE a clue as to who he thinks hasn't already been questioned?

Why do you say Ron doesn't care if he's an obstacle or not? I can't blame him for wanting LE to find who took his daughter, and if he feels they aren't doing that, I can understand why he wouldn't want to co-operate with them. The obstacle, imo, was the side show created by LE, the Griffis/Sheffields, Kim and Cobra, not RC. Nobody was busy looking for Haleigh when they should have been, as Crystal was far too focused on painting RC as an abuser to the press and the focus became things like pics of schoolyard injuries trying to be passed off as evidence of child abuse.

Why do you say Ron doesn't care if he's an obstacle or not? I can't blame him for wanting LE to find who took his daughter, and if he feels they aren't doing that, I can understand why he wouldn't want to co-operate with them. The obstacle, imo, was the side show created by LE, the Griffis/Sheffields, Kim and Cobra, not RC. Nobody was busy looking for Haleigh when they should have been, as Crystal was far too focused on painting RC as an abuser to the press and the focus became things like pics of schoolyard injuries trying to be passed off as evidence of child abuse.

Custody case is closed, remember?

Imo, Ron took his eyes off his daughter, and put them on Misty, and he's had trouble with LE ever since.

If, he would take his eyes off Misty and put them back on his daughter, perhaps his attitude with LE would change.

He stated, "what else can I say but I didn't do anything to my daughter, and I don't know where she is?"
Well, imo, you can go back minute by minute and think about anyone or anything unusual that happened before she went missing, including Misty's behavior, yep even six months prior to Haleigh's disappearance.

What happened 7 years ago, that LE wants to talk about?moo

BBM

Yeah, I noticed that also. 2002 - Misty would've been 10 years old, Ron would've been 17, right ? We'll probably never know the answer to this one, yosande, as both were juveniles. What could something that happened then have to do with Haleigh ? Maybe Ron was exaggerating ?

It appears that LE have open questions that they need to talk with Ron and Misty about. How on earth could a father of a missing little girl (without anything to hide, according to him) should make a statement sounding like it LE should question everyone as long as they don't question him or his bride? It looks like an extreme case of arrogance to me that he would even think that he could have this option when his "heart" is missing. Totally unacceptable to me.

Couldn't an attorney present during questioning help keep the focus off accusations, and on relevant questions?
But not answering any questions at all anymore?
If he wants their help, he should do all he can to help them.

I don't find it hard to fathom at all....if my child went missing, and I knew that someone other than myself and my partner were responsible, and LE allowed the case to become a circus and were investigating me and my partner rather than trying to find my daughter, I'd cut off communication too. This case become nothing but a gossipy, Ron bashing frenzy and I don't blame him a bit for not wanting to participate in the farce of an investigation.

Ok Lets say he knows he isn't responsible for Haleigh's disappearance.. Now if that really is the truth, how would he know Misty wasn't responsible since he was at work. Shouldn't he be doing everything within his power to cooperate with LE to solve this case and find out what happened to his daughter and who is responsible? They have said there are inconsistences in her story.. She is the key.
Do you think since there are inconsistences in her story, they should just move on to investigating someone else?
Also, I don't quite understand your point concerning a gossipy Ron bashing frenzy and him not wanting to participate in the farce of an investigation.
To my knowledge LE hasn't bashed him.

What makes you think LE have other suspects in mind and want to talk to RC about those other leads???

BBM.
Well, in that case he should get his behind down to the PCSO and talk to them about these "other leads". Not buying that.

He cut off communication with LE because he has something to hide, IMO. Poor Haleigh. She deserves better than this.

BBM: Where did you read this in my post? I have not posted anything about LE saying anything about a suspect. I'm saying that this "concerned" father should answer any questions that LE may even think they have, ANY QUESTIONS, period. Different LDT can have different questions on them. Again, there is absolutely no excuse for Ron not to talk with LE unless he is charged with a crime and has lawyered up, he should be at the station everyday offering any information that LE may need to effectively investigate this case, period.

The right to silence extends to suspects as well as those charged, and it is an excuse not to talk to LE. Anyone who is being falsely accused of an offence, particularly one as serious as this one, ought to get legal advice and exercise their right to silence, and if you are ever falsely accused by LE of a serious offence (or any offence), I'd strongly suggest you do the same. More than one innocent person has been convicted on the basis of interpretation of the statements they made. If RC knows he didn't do it (which I believe is the case) it makes no sense to me how possibly incriminating himself is going to help find Haleigh....just LE off on the wrong track again IMO.

Couldn't an attorney present during questioning help keep the focus off accusations, and on relevant questions?

I believe so. Also, as I have learned from Misty, he could get up and leave if he finds the questioning objectionable.

He said that they gave interviews in February and March, and that he cut off interviews with them. That is pretty definitive that he hasn't met with them since then, as we know that it was clear back then that LE started making statements that they were trying to meet with him and nothing had been arranged by his attorneys.
I'm aware of what was said in the article. I don't even necessarily disagree with the surmises you have made concerning those statements.

My post that you responded to above was concerned with the misrepresentation of statements reported by news articles. It's difficult enough to glean reliable data from such sources. We do ourselves no favors by presenting our interpretations of them as fact.

In the article...

...Misty states that her longest interview was just before the wedding.

... later in the article the statement is made, "Cummings has cut off interviews with investigators." There is no mention of when that happened. Could have been March. Could have been yesterday.

Feel welcome to make any conjectures you like. I will defend your right to do so against anyone. I might even agree with them.

Please though, do not misrepresent the article as substantiation of your conjecture.

It wasn't.

Custody case is closed, remember?

???? I never said it wasn't! The point I was making was that it was ridiculous for Crystal & Kim to turn the focus on to that if they really wanted Haleigh found, rather than LE wasting resources investigating false complaints, like the one about him causing injuries to Haleigh which he was able to prove Crystal knew he didn't do. If my daughter went missing and my ex did that to me, and it resulted in the focus being taken off finding my missing daughter and onto false allegations about me, I'd be incensed and would find it impossible to forgive my ex for perhaps losing the one chance they had at finding his daughter.

How would you feel if your ex made false accusations, on national tv, about you abusing children at a time when your daughter was missing??

BBM

Yeah, I noticed that also. 2002 - Misty would've been 10 years old, Ron would've been 17, right ? We'll probably never know the answer to this one, yosande, as both were juveniles. What could something that happened then have to do with Haleigh ? Maybe Ron was exaggerating ?

I am guessing that he was talking about people bringing up the very old drug charges from when he was a teen, at a time when they should have been focusing on a much more serious offence involving his daughter.

IMO and only my opinion....anyone who still supports or says the Ron Cummings is FULLY cooperating with LE needs to take their blinders off so they dont suffer from tunnel vision....anything less then giving 100% for his own daughter is simply put....BS

Attorneys cannot interfere with police investigations and where I come from it is seriously frowned on if they start talking much during a formal interview.

Plus, even just a refusal to answer a question, or his lawyer saying a question should not be answered, could possibly be used against him. Which is why people generally exercise their right to silence.

The right to silence extends to suspects as well as those charged, and it is an excuse not to talk to LE. Anyone who is being falsely accused of an offence, particularly one as serious as this one, ought to get legal advice and exercise their right to silence, and if you are ever falsely accused by LE of a serious offence (or any offence), I'd strongly suggest you do the same. More than one innocent person has been convicted on the basis of interpretation of the statements they made. If RC knows he didn't do it (which I believe is the case) it makes no sense to me how possibly incriminating himself is going to help find Haleigh....just LE off on the wrong track again IMO.

BBM.
Just exactly how does someone who is "innocent" incriminate themselves?

In my opinion, IF Ron is not culpable in this crime against Haleigh, there should be NO excuse to not speaking with LE when they want, how they want, why they want, or where they want. None. Zero. Nothing. Zilch. Nada.

There would be not ONE person or reason on this planet earth that would stop me from speaking to LE every day and every night if MY child were missing. Innocent people DON'T care what they are being accused of if their child is missing. Being blamed for something is just a minor blip in comparison to losing a child.

IMO and only my opinion....anyone who still supports or says the Ron Cummings is FULLY cooperating with LE needs to take their blinders off so they dont suffer from tunnel vision....anything less then giving 100% for his own daughter is simply put....BS

I support RC 100%....If LE had anything NEW they could bring him in to talk. IMO.......and only MY OPINION...... there is nothing NEW RC could tell them. IMO....RC talking with LE and LE doing their job are 2 different issues....simply put....

I am guessing that he was talking about people bringing up the very old drug charges from when he was a teen, at a time when they should have been focusing on a much more serious offence involving his daughter.

I don't know who the "people" you refer to are. As I read it, Ron was talking about LE's focus. (Bolding is mine)

In recent interviews at Sykes’ Welaka home where Ronald Cummings, 25, and his wife live, he told the Times-Union the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office focus was shortsighted.

Standing outside wearing T-shirts with Haleigh’s likeness, Ronald and Misty Cummings said they gave dozens of hours of interviews in February and March, including her longest, which she said occurred just before the couple were married.

“I think the longest time I was in there was eight hours,” she said.

Ronald Cummings said the investigation went in the wrong direction.

“They took a child-abduction investigation and made it a personal investigation,” he said. “Instead of keeping the focus on finding Haleigh, they made the focus on Misty and what she was doing one weekend and what happened six months ago and what happened seven years ago. It was tunnel vision.”

Cummings has cut off interviews with investigators.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...aleighs_family_remains_divided_6_months_later

Well fellow posters, at least we know that LE still has not taken ANYONE, except the a/c guy OFF their list of possible suspects. It's simply a matter of degrees as to where everyone is on their list.
So, I guess the debate will continue.

I noticed the full moon several nights ago, and Haleigh has been on my mind.
Perhaps the full moon rising brought memories surfacing in the Cummings household as well.

May Haleigh be found soon...
My thoughts go out to her family, on both sides.
It must be more difficult than usual with her birthday, and school coming up.
Peace.

I support RC 100%....If LE had anything NEW they could bring him in to talk. IMO.......and only MY OPINION...... there is nothing NEW RC could tell them. IMO....RC talking with LE and LE doing their job are 2 different issues....simply put....

FYI...this is not the 3rd world so they cant just drag him in....secondly they asked and he wont comply.....how do you condone that? you say he told them everything.....uh.....they want more answers and he said no.....why....its not like he has a job keeping him away.....honeymoon seems over tooo....you tell me

Well fellow posters, at least we know that LE still has not taken ANYONE, except the a/c guy OFF their list of possible suspects. It's simply a matter of degrees as to where everyone is on their list.
So, I guess the debate will continue.

I noticed the full moon several nights ago, and Haleigh has been on my mind.
Perhaps the full moon rising brought memories surfacing in the Cummings household as well.

May Haleigh be found soon...
My thoughts go out to her family, on both sides.
It must be more difficult than usual with her birthday, and school coming up.
Peace.

I agree, Yosande. This is a sad night. 6 months ago Haleigh got off a school bus and disappeared that afternoon/evening/night. No matter what happened, she is still missing and this is a very sad night to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB