Ron C. #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very beginning, not any more! I don't know if MK talked to RC in person but Duckett did but not for long.

Many parents have these people by their side helping them. No one seems to want to be next to RC or it's vice versa.

In missing cases the media will focus on the custodial parent for interviews, etc. Seldom is the non-custodial given much air time.

There was the rather abrupt dismissal of George and Cindy Anthony when they first arrived. And then a public announcement later on at a missing children's function that they wished no help from the Anthony's made by Ronald's attorneys.

(my bold above)

I like that one too.

Do you know where it comes from? One of those pesky Colonials said it while he was defending some British soldiers against murder charges after the "Boston Massacre". Two of his relatives later became U.S. presidents.

Well, it used to be an American precept, anyhow.

Better to set the guilty free than one innocent get put away???!!

You want to see the guilty go free?...If they release those guilty ones to your neighborhood, you may retract that statement.

I find it interesting that LE has been silent all this time, the Cummings family starts rocking the boat a bit stating they are unhappy with the way the invesitgation is going, starts putting their faces in the media again - and poof LE turns up the heat on RC and Misty - things that make you go hmmmm IMO.
Oh, wait...that rang a bell with me! Didn't we hear that one of the family members was going to start putting the heat on LE soon by speaking up to the public? LOL I guess LE decided to come out "swinging" just like someone accused Ronald of doing. ;)

I find it interesting that LE has been silent all this time, the Cummings family starts rocking the boat a bit stating they are unhappy with the way the invesitgation is going, starts putting their faces in the media again - and poof LE turns up the heat on RC and Misty - things that make you go hmmmm IMO.

bold by me (bear with I'm newish)
Yes the Cummings and Sheffields are both in the spotlight, to promote awareness to Haleigh's disappearance.

But once again it has been distracted! JMO

This explains more why I believe Josh D. didn't stick around for long:

Earlier in the week, Joshua Duckett and his family stopped in Putnam County to offer support. Duckett's son, Trenton, disappeared more than two years ago and has not been found.

The father said he and his family were in Orlando for the memorial service for Caylee, and as they were on their way home they heard of Haleigh's disappearance and stopped by the Cummings' home.

"I know exactly what they're going through, and by coming over here I'm able to offer a helping hand and say, 'Hey, I'm going what you're going through and I know what it feels like and what to expect. Here's a shoulder to lean on if you need it. I'm here and will to do whatever it takes to find this little girl,'" Duckett said.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18703682/detail.html BBM

(I added this below, but it is obvious some may have missed it.)

Why in the HELL would the Cummings take ANY help offered by KFN or the Anthonys?! It was the best decision they have ever made, imo!!

Exactly who is distracted?

You think because RC gets arrested, they stop the Haleigh work?

How do you get from this ...

Better to set the guilty free than one innocent get put away???!!

... to this ...

You want to see the guilty go free?...

You wouldn't want to twist my ... 'scuse me ... John Adams words, would you?

Now we know that your answer to the question is non-zero, at any rate.

(By the way. I misspoke earlier. That lawyer wasn't related to two presidents. He was only related to one. He was the other one.)

Exactly who is distracted?

You think because RC gets arrested, they stop the Haleigh work?

No that is NOT my opinion!
Distracted = the media and the public.
I should hope the LE is not distracted for all the side shows in this story, but I just wish they would solve this sooner rather than later. JMO

RC could get the media on board any time he wants...he just has to go on Jane Velez Mitchel.... she has an open invitation for him.
I am sure NG would have him too.

Can you show me they are actually working?! It appears to me they are sitting back and waiting on tips to come in until they get one that they decide is worth investigating. Or maybe they are trying to locate the rest of the evidence still that they neglected to have tested. :rolleyes:

The big question is WHY doesn't he go on TV and talk about the case?

Can you show me they are actually working?! It appears to me they are sitting back and waiting on tips to come in until they get one that they decide is worth investigating. Or maybe they are trying to locate the rest of the evidence still that they neglected to have tested. :rolleyes:

OR maybe they are waiting for Misty to come in and tell them what she knows!

RC could get the media on board any time he wants...he just has to go on Jane Velez Mitchel.... she has an open invitation for him.
I am sure NG would have him too.

Personally if I was in his postion I'd decline too, it's that rock and a hard spot damned if you do, damned if you don't.
Someone knows what happened to Haleigh, we just DON'T know WHO, we can all speculate but whose right and whose wrong in THEIR theory. JMO

The big question is WHY doesn't he go on TV and talk about the case?
I have to think that his past experiences with tabloid journalism have made him wiser than that.

If there might be a scintilla of expectation that he would be treated equitably I expect that he probably would, but he's not in a position where "any publicity is good publicity", and he has no reason to anticipate anything but mudslinging.

So what you are saying is that if Misty doesn't know anything...then Haleigh is just SOL?! Yes, that is about right and what I am seeing with this case. They are waiting on "the key" instead of actively going out to find the truth. Haleigh really is SOL, unfortunately. :(

I have never seen LE accuse Misty of anything. Stating "Misty is the key" is not the same as saying "Misty is the culprit." Misty, even just today in the Jacksonville article, is stated as having inconsistencies which hinder the investigation. Too bad the Cummings couple don't like hearing that. Perhaps it is time to take out the earplugs and work with LE to make those inconsistencies clear up.

But they have to clear up Misty particularly.........she was the last known person to have seen Haleigh, and if they cannot clearly establish THAT...........Good god. I'm at a loss as to what they're supposed to be able to clearly establish!

I'm curious as to whether you think LE making those statements to the press is helping their investigation? Do you really think upsetting RC & Misty like that is going to make it more likely they'll want to be iv'ed or do you think perhaps they would have been more successful if they had been a little more discreet with their thoughts about them? JMO, but I think they would have gone better with getting another interview if they had been nicer to them. If it's an interview they really want.

I think some of you give police far too much credit. There are some wonderful bright police out there, and some pretty dumb ones too, not to mention the dishonest ones. I want to see results, not just insinuations thrown at family members in the press. I want Haleigh home....not to see her father and his wife, who I believe are victims, to be repeatedly insulted in the press. If the best LE have after 6 months, are a few inconsistencies in Misty's version of events, they haven't done much of a job, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper