Ron Cummings Arrested 2009.08.06 RE: Battery involving brother-in-law

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH Boy....already burning bridges. That did not take long.

If I got punched in the face & my relatives showed up (uninvited) and tried to "take me", I'd file a restraining order also.

Which says she has reason to fear him and not Ronald. Don't claims for a restraining order require there to be either physical abuse or actual threats to one's life before they are issued?

She is probally filing it out of fear of Ron. If she doesnt do it it could get ugly plus it will help his case be stronger...I can hear it now...:crazy:

Which says she has reason to fear him and not Ronald. Don't claims for a restraining order require there to be either physical abuse or actual threats to one's life before they are issued?

I say looks like Misty may be experiencing symtoms of Stockholm Syndrome.

I don't think the Croslin family is worried about Misty safety at all. I think the Croslin family would like for Misty to leave town with them because they are afraid Misty may know some things about her brother and they are afraid she may talk. I think there is a reason Hank Sr does not want to have his daughter mad at him. JMO

I'm only on page 2 of this thread, Busylady, so forgive me if this has already been discussed.

Why do you think the Croslin family is worried about Misty? So worried, that they would go to the Cummings' and try to force her into their van? And then Dad Croslin doesn't want to do a statement because he doesn't want his daughter mad at him. This is weird! It sounds as if Misty is not keeping in very close contact with her parents and maybe the parents think that is RC's fault?

I got my info from the very first linked article in post 1 of this thread (sorry I'm not reposting the link, forgot to grab it).

Salem

She is probally filing it out of fear of Ron. If she doesnt do it it could get ugly plus it will help his case be stronger...I can hear it now...:crazy:
Really?! She doesn't appear to be afraid of Ronald at all. The threats or physical abuse to get a RO has to be directed at HER personally...not her husband. It proves she is afraid of her own brother not her husband.

Snipped and BBM

Is there some reason that you assume Misty cannot think for herself? Perhaps MISTY herself did not want her brother and father to show up at her home?

From what we have read, not only did they show up at an "inconvenient" time as you called it, they tried to take her. IMO, that's kidnapping. I can only imagine what "taking her" consisted of. This whole evening sounded like a nightmare.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content...mKIOzg82g.cspx

Fine with me, no problem, assume that it was all MISTY who decided that she didn't want them to drop by. Still no reason to ATTACK AND BEAT them. I have been civil to many people who came to my house uninvited and unwelcome at a certain time--relatives, friends, and strangers. There was still NO JUSTIFICATION to attack the Croslins whether or not they were welcome and invited guests! And once again, taking her with them does NOT mean forcefully. It simply means convincing her to come with them and work things out with Ron at a later time. NOT ONE WITNESS including Ron said they were trying to FORCE her to go. If you have a documented witness statement on that, then I will gladly change my opinion of the incident.

I say looks like Misty may be experiencing symtoms of Stockholm Syndrome.
Stockholm Syndrome?! I don't know whether to laugh or not.

ETA: What I do find strange is that people who have vehemently gone against Misty in every way, shape, or form are now defending her as some poor battered thing. LOL

Really?! She doesn't appear to be afraid of Ronald at all. The threats or physical abuse to get a RO has to be directed at HER personally...not her husband. It proves she is afraid of her own brother not her husband.

Only time will tell..

I also find it odd in the 911 call after Hank Jr identifies that it was Ronald C - Lisa is in the back ground saying explain who he is - the father of the missing child (not exact words) why was this such an important detail to Lisa.

That push that GMA said Ron gave Croslin Jr. must of been a darn hard push when his doctor has ordered him to wear a neck brace and has diagnosed his injuries as a severely strained neck and back from the fight he got into with Ron. ( I think I would believe more that it was a sucker punched in the neck…rather than a push.)

Putnam County Sheriff’s Office tells Action News the reason the Croslins were not arrested was because too much of the story revolved around Ronald attacking Croslin, Jr.
The investigator says three different witnesses saw Ronald punching Croslin, Jr., including after he was inside of his vehicle trying to leave the scene. The investigator says the burglary charge came about because Ronald entered the vehicle owned by the Croslin’s against their wishes. (GMA being another witness to this from the report. Hmm.)

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...peak-about-arrest/mLXK584190mQsmKIOzg82g.cspx

I guess time, photos, injuries will tell all in due time.

Correct. And laws got tougher to get restraining orders. There were so many people using them as "tools" to get revenge, or custody, etc. Not only does there have to be proof of actual abuse or a threat, it has to be within a certain time frame. (For example, a person cannot go file for a restraining order and say "Six months ago my ex-boyfriend did so-and-so to me. I'm so scared!") The new laws are very strict.

Many pages behind because I have just now heard of this arrest on HLN.

That's right. Nothing was mentioned about trespassing onto private property.
IF there were 'No Trespassing' signs in Ms. Sykes yard, driveway, or property, then the other party (Croslins) could be charged with trespassing. Otherwise, no one can be charged with that. Purchasing 'No Trespassing' signs and posting them in a visible place would take care of this. That way, future problems could be avoided.

IF Ms. Sykes had called the police and told the police she did not want these people (Croslins) on her property, the police could make them leave. THEN, IF the Croslins were to come back onto her property, (even before 'no trespassing' signs were placed out) they could be arrested for it. The police, IMO, would advise Ms. Sykes to purchase 'no trespassing' signs.

I have encountered this myself.

Can you provide some references supporting the assertion that having signage in place is a sole necessary prerequisite to trespassing? My understanding is different. Posting a property provides a foundation in situations where the owner or their representative is not present. In instances where they are any declaration of warning or of a desire for the person in question to vacate the premises is sufficient cause for any subsequent action (or inaction) which is not the act of leaving to constitute trespass.

For that matter I believe that in most jurisdictions posting the property is just icing on the cake. There is no presumption that in the absence of specific, prominently displayed evidence to the contrary any property is necessarily public. If someone is walking through the woods and crosses a border from public to private land the absence of signage might constitute basis for a reasonable person to inadvertently be on private property. That assumption, however, is arguable. But there is no such reasonable assumption when going into what is clearly someone's front yard.

That no charges have yet been made by the Cummings, or at least made known to us, does not change the truth that if the Croslins were asked to leave the premises and at that point did anything other than leave then trespass did most certainly occur. The absence of charges is irrelevant to that.

We don't know all the details - where Misty and RC sitting outside having a smoke when the Croslins pulled up? Were Misty and RC in the house when the Croslins showed up and had to exit the house to talk to them? To me those type of details are what will make a difference on what went down.

Stockholm Syndrome?! I don't know whether to laugh or not.

ETA: What I do find strange is that people who have vehemently gone against Misty in every way, shape, or form are now defending her as some poor battered thing. LOL

Whatever you choose... A Deprogrammer or an Exorcist may even be in order in this case..

I would normally think so too...but not in this case. If Ronald had come out with his weapon and Hank Jr came towards him aggressively with an intent to commit bodily harm...he could have put a bullet between his eyes and this case would be closed.
:confused:

Perhaps I'm reading your post wrong -- are you saying it would have been better for RC to have used a weapon instead of simply pushing Hank Jr.??

I don't think the Croslin family is worried about Misty safety at all. I think the Croslin family would like for Misty to leave town with them because they are afraid Misty may know some things about her brother and they are afraid she may talk. I think there is a reason Hank Sr does not want to have his daughter mad at him. JMO
I agree. One of my first thoughts was that everyone has been looking at the wrong families entirely. The Croslins except Misty have been seemingly immune to being brought into this as suspect. Maybe this fight happened for a reason to help find Haleigh and point us in the right direction.

If you think about it...her family was in the initial mix of this. Her brother was one of the last people to see Haleigh when he came over, he could have easily had access to the van, he knew the layout of the mh and the area well, he knew how deep Misty slept and Ronald's hours, he would not have been afraid to be caught inside the house by Misty or Ronald, and other things. Why couldn't it be possible her brother or another Croslin took Haleigh without Misty knowing about it?

:confused:

Perhaps I'm reading your post wrong -- are you saying it would have been better for RC to have used a weapon instead of simply pushing Hank Jr.??

I'm not SS.. but according to Florida Law!
Read my link above about the "stand your ground law"

You all can forget the whole thing and just start at the point the Croslins were leaving...that is the juice of the charges and that is what will stand.

ITA...no charges would have been filed by anyone had Ron stayed in the house after GGM sent him packing. It would definitely have been a draw on the "he said /they said" scale. Once they were leaving and he charged back out of the house and jumped into the van to continue the pummeling.....there was a definite crime committed. I don't see how anyone thinks that the testimony of his own grandmother saying that he did exactly that will not be a major deciding factor with any court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper