Ron Jr.'s Fate

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think Florida Social Services should remove Ron Jr. from his father Ron Sr?

• Yes

Votes: 140 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 68 22.9%
  • Put him in Foster Care

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Let him live with stable family members!

Votes: 80 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the report will come back that Rj is only allowed to see Crystal in supervised visitation from now on which, imo, I think will be appropriate given what they have done. :furious:

(respectfully snipped)

i would have voted hell no, but it wasn't an option. I just voted no instead. 24 people feel it is not justified to take rj out of the care of ronald. Glad to see it. Rj doesn't need to be revictimized. He needs his family to help him through this horrible time.

icam.

]Isn't it still the law that a child has to be at imminent risk of serious physical harm or death ? [/B]
Otherwise children can be removed based on things like psych evaluations (which are based on opinions and can differ from expert to expert).
It sounds like there were definite signs of physical abuse in your case. When there's not, the decision to remove a child is based on nothing more than the social worker's opinion.
They let my teenager live with a family member who had already raised three children who are convicted criminals. What were they thinking ?
That she deserved another chance ?
When my nephew was molested by an older boy, she didn't report it because the boy's grandma was a friend of hers.
The DEA recently raided her house that her son lives in and she felt bad, not because she allowed or benefitted from his drug dealing, but because she didn't realize that the guy in the broke down car in front of his house was an undercover cop.
I don't have a criminal record and was never accused of being a bad parent until I moved back to my home state and the same county this person lives in. Since she resented the fact that I made more money than she and her husband, she figured she'd get a nice child support payment. This was my oldest child, and they let her live with someone who allowed her 14 year old daughter's boyfriend spend the night.
I know I was a far better parent than she ever was or could be.

It was sick and twisted and it happened because I pizzed off the childless 27 year old social worker.
They came out once because she was skipping school, they didn't even finish the report. They said she was the problem. She had someone who had never been to my home call them after she lost her cell phone and was told she wasn't getting the car til her behavior improved.
I watched every person in that office hide the fact that the social worker didn't follow procedure (or the law) when conducting a criminal background check. They made threats against my two other (smaller) children when I refused to sign what they wanted and because of this, I will never trust a government social worker. If I needed services, I would never go to them and I wouldn't call if I only suspected abuse against a child. I would have to know they were abused, otherwise it would be my fault if they took a child from a good home and put him with someone who might be worse. This is what the bad social workers do to parents. I was not this way before, I held CPS workers in high regard and thought all parents who were in the system were lowlife child abusers.
This is why I think even the not so great parents are still better than the state.
If one person would have listened to me or admitted that what they did was wrong, I wouldn't feel the way I do now. I also don't think that RJ should be handed over to strangers because there might be somebody better out there.
And I don't think a government paid CPS worker should get to call all the shots regarding this little boy.
Taking him from his entire family will HURT him. It's fact, and he should be with family.
I'm sorry for what happened to you and I hope you are one of the 'good ones'.
Is it still the law that a child has to be at risk of serious physical harm or danger to be removed from his parents ?

Whiel I will mainly agree with you regarding the horrors of state care, sadly there is an appropriate time and place for it. As you said Imment risk of harm or death.

Lets break it down in this case. No matter how much you may feel for Ron and his loss, there are some issues here that really really need to be looked at by LE, Child Protective services and the Family Court that originally granted custody.

- "Harm to a child". How long has Ron been keeping Misty as his sexual partner and primary caregiver for his children? She, under the definitions of the law and most of our own common sense was and still is A CHILD. Is anybody telling me that any of what we have witnessed in this situation and that environment is not harmful to her?

- The Primary legal guardian basically gave his children to a child to care for and raise full time 24x7. Was this an appropriate choice for those young children?

- There was obviously an active stream of drugs, alchohol and extremely questionable characters around.

- One of said small children, left under the full time care of another child (Misty) is missing and quite likely at this point presumed dead. There are no straight answers coming out of anybody involved. Deadly Harm did come to one of these children left full time in this environment and cared fro by these people. regardless of any presumption of criminal guilt or innocense, the presumption in this case should be the safety of the remaining child until it is known what harm the young girl has come to, and exactly what is responsible. There is no reason to suspect that the danger is not ongoing, nor is there any reason to suspect that those who currently have possesion of the boy are not the source of his sisters disapearence harm and/or death.

Whiel I will mainly agree with you regarding the horrors of state care, sadly there is an appropriate time and place for it. As you said Imment risk of harm or death.

Lets break it down in this case. No matter how much you may feel for Ron and his loss, there are some issues here that really really need to be looked at by LE, Child Protective services and the Family Court that originally granted custody.

- "Harm to a child". How long has Ron been keeping Misty as his sexual partner and primary caregiver for his children? She, under the definitions of the law and most of our own common sense was and still is A CHILD. Is anybody telling me that any of what we have witnessed in this situation and that environment is not harmful to her?

- The Primary legal guardian basically gave his children to a child to care for and raise full time 24x7. Was this an appropriate choice for those young children?

- There was obviously an active stream of drugs, alchohol and extremely questionable characters around.

- One of said small children, left under the full time care of another child (Misty) is missing and quite likely at this point presumed dead. There are no straight answers coming out of anybody involved. Deadly Harm did come to one of these children left full time in this environment and cared fro by these people. regardless of any presumption of criminal guilt or innocense, the presumption in this case should be the safety of the remaining child until it is known what harm the young girl has come to, and exactly what is responsible. There is no reason to suspect that the danger is not ongoing, nor is there any reason to suspect that those who currently have possesion of the boy are not the source of his sisters disapearence harm and/or death.

Ron should be in jail and on the sex offender registry, then this issue would be moot, and I agree being left with a sex offender IMO is an imminent risk of serious physical harm. Why didn't/won't LE do their job ? It's not to interpret the law (ie; their possible opinion that this is just the 'palatka way' and since her parents don't care, it's not a problem) it's to enforce it, the way that it's written.
I don't, however think a child should be removed because a parent has a criminal record, aside from convictions for crimes against children, nor do I think they should necessarily be removed solely because a parent uses drugs.
Most of my co-workers smoke pot (which I have never tried simply because I have an aversion to smoking anything,I'm not a goody two shoes, I think it's because my mom was just a really gross smoker) yet most have them have held the same job for years and their kids are very well taken care of. I can't imagine their kids being better off with someone else. There are likely recreational drug users just like recreational drinkers that don't do drugs around their kids but could still test positive if they were tested.

In case you're wondering, I'm not a drug user nor do I have a criminal record, I just think the government has too much authority when it comes to making decisions for our children. I mean really, there's nobody that I trust less than the government.

I haven't seen anything to make me believe that Jr would be at risk of abuse with Crystal and I think he should be with his mom. State care should only be considered if there are no other options.

If DCFS believed that Rj was in immediate danger, he would already have been taken away from Ronald! This has not happened and is a good indication it is not going to happen.

KP can keep on going with her nasty campaign for custody, but a judge will see it for what it is worth. BS won't win a reversal or have Rj removed from his father's care, imo.

Custody can be modified regardless of risk. If DCFS doesn't remove him, I think the investigation will reveal enough to make it easy for CS to obtain custody if she chooses to seek it.

Custody can be modified regardless of risk. If DCFS doesn't remove him, I think the investigation will reveal enough to make it easy for CS to obtain custody if she chooses to seek it.

Possibly but its also possible that this so called investigation might not prove anything. Time will tell I guess. I dont neccessary believe CS is the best thing for the children either but thats just me:)

Ron should be in jail and on the sex offender registry, then this issue would be moot, and I agree being left with a sex offender IMO is an imminent risk of serious physical harm. Why didn't/won't LE do their job ? It's not to interpret the law (ie; their possible opinion that this is just the 'palatka way' and since her parents don't care, it's not a problem) it's to enforce it, the way that it's written.
I don't, however think a child should be removed because a parent has a criminal record, aside from convictions for crimes against children, nor do I think they should necessarily be removed solely because a parent uses drugs.
Most of my co-workers smoke pot (which I have never tried simply because I have an aversion to smoking anything,I'm not a goody two shoes, I think it's because my mom was just a really gross smoker) yet most have them have held the same job for years and their kids are very well taken care of. I can't imagine their kids being better off with someone else. There are likely recreational drug users just like recreational drinkers that don't do drugs around their kids but could still test positive if they were tested.

In case you're wondering, I'm not a drug user nor do I have a criminal record, I just think the government has too much authority when it comes to making decisions for our children. I mean really, there's nobody that I trust less than the government.

I haven't seen anything to make me believe that Jr would be at risk of abuse with Crystal and I think he should be with his mom. State care should only be considered if there are no other options.

We have a problem here....who has really gotten into the lives of Crystal and her stepbrother/boyfriend? No one has gotten in and dug around to see how they live...what they do or don't do...what kind of friends they have...what kind of parents they are..he has his kids from what we've been told. Ron's life has been torn apart and rumors are flying. Crystal's life hasn't been torn apart. We know barely anything about her and her boyfriend. Is that really fair? Everyone is so ready to hang Ron and they keep on repeating that he is on drugs without any thing factual to back it up. I think it is really interesting that before the attorney appeared on the scene Crystal didn't mention getting custody of RJ. There are pictures of her with her head on Ron's shoulder and she had stated on TV that Ron was a good dad whom Haliegh loved and he loved her. Not a word about drugs, abuse, custody until Geraldo and the attorney appeared.

If CPS gets involved in this I hope they investigate both parents and their families. We know nothing about Crystal's extended family either.

We have a problem here....who has really gotten into the lives of Crystal and her stepbrother/boyfriend? No one has gotten in and dug around to see how they live...what they do or don't do...what kind of friends they have...what kind of parents they are..he has his kids from what we've been told. Ron's life has been torn apart and rumors are flying. Crystal's life hasn't been torn apart. We know barely anything about her and her boyfriend. Is that really fair? Everyone is so ready to hang Ron and they keep on repeating that he is on drugs without any thing factual to back it up. I think it is really interesting that before the attorney appeared on the scene Crystal didn't mention getting custody of RJ. There are pictures of her with her head on Ron's shoulder and she had stated on TV that Ron was a good dad whom Haliegh loved and he loved her. Not a word about drugs, abuse, custody until Geraldo and the attorney appeared.

If CPS gets involved in this I hope they investigate both parents and their families. We know nothing about Crystal's extended family either.

They certainly will as well they should. Crystal is not violating the law against intimate contact with children in the State of FL. IF Crystal or her BF or whatever he is have issues...the caseworker, the judge and the homestudy will reveal it. They should also schedule psych exams of both parents and living partners and the grandparents that have contact with the minors. No one in this mess is without fault. There may be other homes better suited to provude a nurturing enviornment for the children. I do not see any here at this time. JMO

There are some who are digging into Crystal's family and extended family. They have more than enough on their own rap sheets with drug charges, etc. on her side to not only rival, but surpass the Cummings clan. KP wants to try and keep this part out of the media spotlight, but people are becoming aware of it finally, imo.

No one is willing to answer questions I have asked a thousand times about Crystal and Chad's relationship with Haleigh and Rj. One is...what were the sleeping arrangements when the kids were on visitation? Another is simply what kind of relationship did Haleigh have with Chad? I feel like someone should be able to answer those since they are here with unproven innuendo against Ronald! They should know Crystal well enough to provide information about her homelife with Haleigh if they can speak to what a wonderful mother and person she is perceived to be, imo.

Crystal also spoke of Misty and how happy the kids were with her, IIRC. She mentioned how much the kids love her, too. (This was also before Marie started her carp.) I blame the whole custody fight on Marie and KP, imo. I don't think Crystal was really behind it until they pressured her into it. Marie started with the sour grapes and revenge theme early on tho.

There are some who are digging into Crystal's family and extended family. They have more than enough on their own rap sheets with drug charges, etc. on her side to not only rival, but surpass the Cummings clan. KP wants to try and keep this part out of the media spotlight, but people are becoming aware of it finally, imo.

No one is willing to answer questions I have asked a thousand times about Crystal and Chad's relationship with Haleigh and Rj. One is...what were the sleeping arrangements when the kids were on visitation? Another is simply what kind of relationship did Haleigh have with Chad? I feel like someone should be able to answer those since they are here with unproven innuendo against Ronald! They should know Crystal well enough to provide information about her homelife with Haleigh if they can speak to what a wonderful mother and person she is perceived to be, imo.

Crystal also spoke of Misty and how happy the kids were with her, IIRC. She mentioned how much the kids love her, too. (This was also before Marie started her carp.) I blame the whole custody fight on Marie and KP, imo. I don't think Crystal was really behind it until they pressured her into it. Marie started with the sour grapes and revenge theme early on tho.

I think Crystal always wanted custody, but she was so beaten down after losing them that she didn't think it would do any good to fight. Once a decision in family court has been made, it's hard to get changed, DCFS and the judges are reluctant to second guess the original court decision. They don't like to admit that they might have been wrong.
If anything, I think KP and Marie convinced Crystal that it was possible to regain custody of her child/children.
IMO, the original custody order was all about possession which I guess is
9/10's of the law regarding not only property but children.
If Crystal had not allowed Haleigh & RJ to see their father, RC wouldn't have had them and we probably wouldn't have this forum devoted to a missing little girl.
Crystal didn't have to let RC spend five minutes with those kids,they weren't married and paternity wasn't established.
Going behind her back while she was doing what she could to include him in his children's lives shows what kind of person Ron is, he's deceptive and untrustworthy. It also shows the kind of person Crystal is, naive and too trusting. I don't think there's a selfish bone in that girl's body.
Those who feel that RC must be a stellar human being and parent because he had custody of his children, should also surmise that Chad is also an all around good guy because he also has custody of his. Fair is fair.

They certainly will as well they should. Crystal is not violating the law against intimate contact with children in the State of FL. IF Crystal or her BF or whatever he is have issues...the caseworker, the judge and the homestudy will reveal it. They should also schedule psych exams of both parents and living partners and the grandparents that have contact with the minors. No one in this mess is without fault. There may be other homes better suited to provude a nurturing enviornment for the children. I do not see any here at this time. JMO

We don't have a clue who babysits Crystal and her boyfriend's kids when they go somewhere. Their babysitter could be a 12 yr old for all we know.
We don't know because we don't know a thing about them.

I wonder if a custody suit has even been filed yet? Is the attorney still hanging around that area? I hope that RJ gets a advocate...an attorney that will be there on his behalf. They do a pretty good job of getting a lot of info on both parents too. I hope the court assigns a good one for him.

We don't have a clue who babysits Crystal and her boyfriend's kids when they go somewhere. Their babysitter could be a 12 yr old for all we know.
We don't know because we don't know a thing about them.

I wonder if a custody suit has even been filed yet? Is the attorney still hanging around that area? I hope that RJ gets a advocate...an attorney that will be there on his behalf. They do a pretty good job of getting a lot of info on both parents too. I hope the court assigns a good one for him.

I fully concur that there should be an advocate appointed. You can be sure that LE, the FBI and FDLE has tracked the associates and movements and habits of both parents. When they can make a case that will come out.

I think Crystal always wanted custody, but she was so beaten down after losing them that she didn't think it would do any good to fight. Once a decision in family court has been made, it's hard to get changed, DCFS and the judges are reluctant to second guess the original court decision. They don't like to admit that they might have been wrong.
If anything, I think KP and Marie convinced Crystal that it was possible to regain custody of her child/children.
IMO, the original custody order was all about possession which I guess is
9/10's of the law regarding not only property but children.
If Crystal had not allowed Haleigh & RJ to see their father, RC wouldn't have had them and we probably wouldn't have this forum devoted to a missing little girl.
Crystal didn't have to let RC spend five minutes with those kids,they weren't married and paternity wasn't established.
Going behind her back while she was doing what she could to include him in his children's lives shows what kind of person Ron is, he's deceptive and untrustworthy. It also shows the kind of person Crystal is, naive and too trusting. I don't think there's a selfish bone in that girl's body.
Those who feel that RC must be a stellar human being and parent because he had custody of his children, should also surmise that Chad is also an all around good guy because he also has custody of his. Fair is fair.
And I would have to respectfully disagree with most everything you said except the part about KP and Marie. (I do feel they are behind the custody battle not Crystal.) I do think Ronald has been a good father to the children and Crystal said it herself on camera.

I have not found anything to say Chad has custody either.

Why has the media, including Nancy Grace, forgoten about Haleigh? No offense to any, but we know that Caylee is gone and we DO have to avenge her murder BUT shouldn't more time and/or attention be brought to Haleigh?

I was thinking that myself. I wonder why Nancy never mentions Haleigh anymore? very strange!!! I wonder if something happened? Maybe Crystal's Attoreny thought that Nancy was to hard on Crystal.

I was thinking that myself. I wonder why Nancy never mentions Haleigh anymore? very strange!!! I wonder if something happened? Maybe Crystal's Attoreny thought that Nancy was to hard on Crystal.
That is an interesting thought, I had not even considered it, you may be right unfortunately.

And I would have to respectfully disagree with most everything you said except the part about KP and Marie. (I do feel they are behind the custody battle not Crystal.) I do think Ronald has been a good father to the children and Crystal said it herself on camera.

I have not found anything to say Chad has custody either.

I feel that most are leaning towards Ron & Misty who hold the answers, not so much Crystal and family. Not sure but it's weighing down on the Cummings/Croslin/Neves/Sykes family hisotry too. Goodnight, but too much on one side tips my scales...

I find it difficult to respect and impossible to participate in a poll which has been crafted in such a fashion that every choice requires the voter to live permanently at the bottom of Conclusion Cliff.

I feel that most are leaning towards Ron & Misty who hold the answers, not so much Crystal and family. Not sure but it's weighing down on the Cummings/Croslin/Neves/Sykes family hisotry too. Goodnight, but too much on one side tips my scales...
Maybe it would be helpful to even the scales if you researched the Griffis/Sheffield side of the family. There are plenty of red flags waving which have caught the attention of those who have taken the time to notice them. ;)

The 60 days are up and we are now into the 10 day extension. Rj hasn't been ripped out of the care of his father which does indicate they believe Rj is in no immediate danger, imo.

I think it unfair to listen to media reports of stories that an ex wife has put out there. I would want the rumors to be investigated if there is any proof. I have seen too many custody battles where one parent just throws things out there to see what sticks. I have more of an uneasy feeling about the mother. The daughter was in school and if there was any abuse they would of reported it as it is the law. All the pictures of the little girl showed a happy nourished child. The accident was answered by the school accident. Other rumors have had no proof or if so why were they not reported before?
I still wonder about the girls mother being so upset about the courts decision if she is not somehow involved in the girls disappearence. People are judging by sticking their nose in the air and saying I am better than them. I have seen this in "middle" class and up (anthony for one). You don't have to live in a trailer park to be "trailer trash" or other names associated with the lower income poor people. I do think the court let TWO children be with the father as he showed a stable job and family. Child services would of went to the home talked to the child and so on.....so they must of decided he was fit at the time. There is no proof that there was any trickery to the court hearing. I am more interested in how much child support is owed by the mother? She made it seem like sour grapes. Boy is the father finding out ones he thought was friends are not.... just my take on things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member