Ron & Misty Married 2009.3.12 ~ appeared on the "Today Show" 2009.03.13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Chili's sponsored them like the Today show:confused:

I wonder if that old adage is still true, "There is no bad publicity". It'd be interesting to get Chili's corporate reaction to the news that RC proposed to MC in one of their locations and Target's corporate reaction to KC's preference for that store. ;)

Actually I thought they both had a defiant and defensive vibe. Kind of like Casey Anthony. JMO!!!!

It seemed as if they might have been miffed that the questions were about Haleigh and the investigation. I think they went there under the impression that the interview was going to be about them and showing the wedding video and the 'heirloom' ring. Misty's demeanor surely had changed from the "I'm a rock star" behavior of smiling and waving to the cameras.

It seemed as if they might have been miffed that the questions were about Haleigh and the investigation. I think they went there under the impression that the interview was going to be about them and showing the wedding video and the 'heirloom' ring. Misty's demeanor surely had changed from the "I'm a rock star" behavior of smiling and waving to the cameras.

You may be onto something there.:)

The poor girl thought that if she married Ronald she would be outside of all suspicion, as in: "Everybody will know I love Haleigh and Ronald and Junior, and we'll be a family." But she was in for a major letdown since everybody started to speculate whether it was to avoid testifying against each other and it took less than 24 hours after the wedding to have LE very nearly call her their main suspect, albeit in a very roundabout way.

The poor girl thought that if she married Ronald she would be outside of all suspicion, as in: "Everybody will know I love Haleigh and Ronald and Junior, and we'll be a family." But she was in for a major letdown since everybody started to speculate whether it was to avoid testifying against each other and it took less than 24 hours after the wedding to have LE very nearly call her their main suspect, albeit in a very roundabout way.
Great way to start off a marriage, eh?

I wonder if that old adage is still true, "There is no bad publicity". It'd be interesting to get Chili's corporate reaction to the news that RC proposed to MC in one of their locations and Target's corporate reaction to KC's preference for that store. ;)

At least the picture of Ronald on his knees with the doggybags (?) on the table seemed like Chili's entry to the least romantic setting for a proposal competition.

The sass has left her @zz. ;)

I see this in my own dear children on occasion. The longer I allow them to believe they are *getting away with something* the happier and sassier they get. I give them just enough rope....

There are probably lots of reason sunflowerchick. IMHO the reason that Haleigh (and another little girl that was lost in FL in the last year) get attention is there is a side show for the media to grasp on and sell for tittilation. Get ppl talking, discussing, saying "OMG, did you just hear what so-and-so did"?

The media will only run with what sells IMHO.

I agree. I cannot recall seeing one of Adji's relatives on the tv talking, I wonder how much effort is put into these quiet cases versus the high profile ones. I always have felt that the cute little white girls have gotten the most attention. I think it is race driven and it breaks my heart because a black/brown/yellow/red/purple mother and family have the same emotions as I do but I have never in my life seen the media latch on to a little missing child of another race. Just makes me so sad.

O/t - SO YOU TOOK MY FIRST CHOICE FOR A NAME!

I noticed the tearless crying and wailing early on too. Very suspicious. And his call to police - he seemed more concerned with making death threats and calling his girlfriend names and generally venting his anger than giving the police any useful information. Something really off here.

BTW, I was a reporter for many years and dealt with many families thrown into the same limelight. I never saw anything like this or like the Anthony family with one exception. That was the wife of a murdered man who was strongly (and still is) suspected by close friends of being involved in the murder. The defendant testified that she had hired him to kill her husband, she denied it and police never pursued it.

Thanks for your insight, gardenhart.

I refuse to watch any of the shows that feature these type of guests. I really was in their corner until this stunt. What chance does a marriage stand when your now child-bride was on watch when your daughter is stolen out from under her nose, your proposal is memorialized in a chain restaurant and probably the photos sold to the media, then you honeymoon courtesy of NBC and get to ride in a shiny airplane and everything and look at the tall buildings.....oh yeah, your daughter is still missing folks. If that precious child is ever found alive I really doubt that in retrospect she'll feel real good about her daddy marrying MC, flying to NY for a honeymoon, while she was going through God knows what.........errrrrrrrrrrr

If Ron is so upset about Crystal showing Junior on t.v. and fears it puts the little guy danger why would he jet off to honeymoon in New York and leave him in her care?

He took his mama along, why not Junior too?

You know....here's my "now" thought. Re: the script and why they would get married. I too am bothered by Ron's - I was at work....I don't know anything. That may be true. But what if - Misty was off doing some "errand running" or "meeting" or something for Ron that night and did leave the kids alone. And this happened. That would explain for them not really knowing what happened....but also their suspicious freaking behavior that they give off. That would explain Misty looking to Ron to firm up the script. Misty may not have been home that evening....but it wasn't cause she was partying, hanging out with friends or another guy...maybe she was "taking care of business."

AND NO, I have no link or proof of this...this is my opinion du jour of what may have happened.

The Today Show interview was odd....and I too found the article/reporting before they came on to be not in their favor at all. I'll bet they were surprised. If it even sunk in by then.

Bolded by me:

Donjeta, you are so right! Misty is 17, naive, immature ..etc ... she doesnt get it. JMHO, she looked like a sacrificial lamb on the Today show. The host wasnt yelling at her or calling her a liar, yet she still couldnt answer to her inconsistencies.. major, major issue with Misty.

It just seemed to me that his words (paraphrasing) were "Stop looking at me, Look for my daughter", but his demeanor and clothing said, "Look at me".

Besides many other things, that conflict alone set off the hinky meter. I am not saying that Ron is involved in the disappearance. Just something's not right with those 2.

Did Ron even say the word "Hayleigh" once in his interview??

If Ron is so upset about Crystal showing Junior on t.v. and fears it puts the little guy danger why would he jet off to honeymoon in New York and leave him in her care?

He took his mama along, why not Junior too?

I think danger to Junior was mostly just an excuse to get back at Crystal, I believe they were more miffed because Crystal was on Geraldo right after his RC interview and because of what she has said.
I don't suppose putting Junior on tv put him into great extra jeopardy, at least, not from the original abductor, if there was one. If anything, the leading questions asked in the interview made me think that JR knows nothing. If it came to a court case it would be a defence that the adults near him might have put words in his mouth. And if it came to recognizing him, I think it's a fair bet that the perp either already knew what Junior looks like or would have had no difficulty finding out even if he wasn't on TV. Even I knew what he looked like before that interview.

That brings up something I've been wondering about. When the trailer was toured on camera there was another bedroom with a toddler bed frame in it but no mattress. I'm guessing that is the bed frame that Haleigh's mattress belongs to. Why was she sleeping in Ron and Misty's room on the floor? Among other things...it is usually colder the closer you are to the floor and this child has a history of illness and hospitalizations to begin with. Does anyone know why the mattress wasn't on her bed and why she wasn't sleeping in her bedroom?

IMO it was another part of the staging because maybe at some point Misty would realize, maybe with coaching even, that it would be harder to believe that a perp took her right out of the same bed she was in. MOO

2 thoughts: Ron has said Haleigh was afraid of the dark. We have a child who is afraid to be alone at night and afraid of the dark. Our solution for the time being has been to keep a crib mattress in our room for him to sleep on when needed, so we can all get back to sleep w/ a minimum of fuss.

Another thing the mattress is handy for is when any of the kids are sick, they can sleep in our room and can be tended to whether it's vomiting or severe coughing, etc. This would be helpful w/ bedwetting too, child might be more likely to ask for help getting & going to bathroom if there was someone right there in the room.

I suggested before the easily transportable mattress could have served as her bed in dad's room--from where it could be easily transferred to bedframe in Haleigh's room as per DCFS requirements, should their arrangements ever be inspected.

During the GMA interview when Misty is asked about her inconsistent statements ........she pauses, as if waiting for Ron to answer, then looks at him, then says I don't know. I have watched it multiple times and she is unnatural and looking for help to answer the questions. Any one else see this?

Also, Ron looks miserable in both the wedding video and GMA video. Do you think he was forced to marry Misty? I see no sign of love, affection or even support.

Oh yeah I saw it and I commented earlier about that. She was drowning and he didn't even lend her a hand...

OK, if there's a baby announcement on the way I'd like to know how far along she is and if she knew about it before Haleigh went missing. Motive. MOO

Ron didn't strike me as thrilled either to be getting married. When they left the courthouse he walked right by her, I don't see a real considerate guy there...just my opinion.

This entire thing reminds me of the saying "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." Sorry if this has already been posted.

So who thinks that RC could be working with LE, in an effort to get MC to feel more at ease and thinking that spouses won't have to testify against each other, RC agrees to marry her to hopefully get her to open up about what really happened that night? I know I would do alot worse things if I thought it would help find my child. And MC being so young and hanging on RC's every word, which I think she does, could be an explaination of why they got married so out of the blue...........this would also explain why MC has been so giddy about the marriage, and why RC doesn't seem that INTO it.

As others suggest a marriage could have merely been dad's attempt to gain her confidence. I have caught myself wondering if for some reason Misty may have viewed Haleigh as the one standing in the way of their "perfect life together?" JMO :confused:

:parrot:

Did Ron even say the word "Hayleigh" once in his interview??

He referred to her mostly as "my little girl", "my daughter" or "she" but at 7:54 he did say that people ought to focus on Haleigh.

Because he wanted his family there with him when he did this? Like many, many, many other men who propose at family dinner parties or restaurants, he seems to be trying to do the right thing by everyone.

It honors Haleigh to marry his gf, rather than shack up with her. It stabilizes her life and that of her brother to have 2 married-to-each-other-parents. The marriage honors Misty as a person and a woman. She is no longer the gf.

Why must everything be for a nefarious reason?

(bold, underline mine) Strongly disagree. As much as a marriage performed for the right reasons between two mature, consenting adults in an already emotionally stable relationship can afford genuine security, one done w/in an illicit, immature, codependent or unhealthy relationship for all the wrong reasons--ie legal immunity, control of custody and/or financial gain eg--would neither be "honoring," nor can it ever improve "stability" for any children involved. In any of these circumstances it would be the proverbial "perfume on a pig." JMO

:parrot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member