Ronald proposes to Misty

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is getting married and a romp in the sack is the last thing I'd be thinking of just a month after my daughter was abducted!!! Is this how they are spending the one month anniversary of Haleigh's disappearance? :banghead:

Getting married this week? They aren't wasting any time! I guess I was right in my post down under earlier...next week we'll be hearing about their honeymoon.

IMO, all of this is very selfish AND sickening on both Ron and Misty's part.

It really doesn't sit well does it. I can't really see proposing under the circumstances, but that being said I could see them saying that they are going to have a wedding as soon as their flower girl comes home. That they want to make their family official after this is all done with.

Nothing says you don't see your kid coming home like getting married while they are gone. It's not like you would want to include her, or not make major changes to the world she knew before she was taken and returned deeply traumatized.

Getting married this week!!!????
Yeah, that's really thinking of your missing child isn't it? Wonder what events Hayleigh might be enduring this week..pretty sure they're not filled with love and celebration. These people are just plain stupid.

My first thought was hmmmm... guess Ron is doing the one thing (asking her to marry him) to MAKE MC realllllly think he is on her side!! (But I think it may be a plan to convince her he whole-heartedly believes/trusts her, then wait for her to confess!!) Just saying....

He's gonna play the playa--yo

I've had this thought before. In an interview, he states- *I'll take out the trash when it's time.* It doesn't fit anywhere in the conversation. I felt he was referring to Misty. moo moo

According to the link that Roblyn posted above, they must've filled out the paperwork and turned it in today since they have a 3 day waiting period before a ceremony can be performed.

"The license was issued at the Putnam County courthouse Monday afternoon, said Clerk of Courts Tim Smith, and will be valid on March 12."

I don't know what to think about this. It doesn't look good at all.
Why would they do this while Haleigh has been missing a month. Not wait a couple years.
I don't know what I am saying because I don't know what to think.
My first thought was I guess we can stop looking at SO. JMO

They went to the courthouse on the one-month anniversary. :(

<snipped>

The courthouse trip fell on the one-month anniversary of Haleigh&#8217;s disappearance.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-03-09/story/haleighs_father_to_marry_17-year-old_girlfriend

This just breaks my heart and makes me mad at the same time:banghead:
I need to just go back to the "other"case...where I can just be mad all the time.

I have a hard time imagining that a 5 year old would care if dad married his girlfriend.

ITA! I doubt a little 5-yr-old child even knows what marriage, a wedding, a new mommy, etc, means. That's really not on the top of her priority list, I'd imagine. Sounds like a nice little one-liner that Misti came up with to sound all sweet and caring. Too bad she used the past-tense "wanted" instead of "wants." It's almost as if these folks go out of their way to look as bad as possible.

This just breaks my heart and makes me mad at the same time:banghead:
I need to just go back to the "other"case...where I can just be mad all the time.

The 31 days is really creepy. to close to other case.:behindbar

Maybe they figure that this will keep Haleigh's story in the press.:confused:

What's the big rush to get engaged and married within 1 week? Something stinks IMO. Misty and her mom are giddy in the interview regarding the engagement. Ron comes out of the courthouse and walks right past them as if he doesn't know them. A marriage made in heaven NOT. I thought the A's were bad, but these folks really take the cake. I hope they all get what's coming to them.

Did I understand this right, that they have been wanting this for several months already only her parents would not sign for it? I thought they'd only been together for about 5 months? Also, even if they couldn't go ahead and get married, couldn't he have already given her an engagement ring since that was what they wanted?

VB

Yes, it IS funny, isn't it ... that they waited until NOW.

I'm sorry - this case has been a stinker from the beginning and it just keeps getting worse! They cannot go back into the house because of all the memories and the pain...but they can plan a wedding?????? I know that everyone has their own reactions, but you could not drag me away from that property because I would be hoping that little girl would somehow manage to find her way home and I could not bear not to be there!

And would someone please tell me when so called 'victims' began to take for granted that the public would take care of all of their needs for the rest of their lives???? I was hoping that the greed the Anthony's exhibit was an aboration, but evidently it is not. Good, hard working people have the compassion to try and help someone they think may need help and suddenly they end up paying for tattoos, weddings, homes and God only knows what else! If Ron and Misty have time to orgnize stuff like this - then they also have time to be ashamed of their behavior! Oh, forgive me --- considering the rest of this case, that really IS asking too much.

I really want Haleigh to be found and honestly, the way these people are all behaving while the world is watching -- if this is their normal behavior -- LE might be better served to look for someone who wanted that child in a safe environment.

Ok - I'm off the soapbox and I feel better. Please try not to yell too much at me - now that I am over the 'mad' - I might cry :(

Somethings wrong here....are we talking about Ron C. whose little girl, Haleigh, is missing?? Or...some other guy named Ron C. who just won the lottery, quit his job, plans to buy a house and just proposed to his gf?

I wanted to point out 2 things that stand out in this besides the engagement itself:

1. Mistys mother is now giving consent, out of spite of negative publicity? Whoa! Theres a reason to consent to your child's underage marriage.
2. Ronald comes out of the Court House and completly bolts for the vehicle, mumbles thank you.... with a clear distaste for the media' presence.

imo- I'm totally suspicious of him now! My intuition is telling me, he's involved.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=133274&catid=3

I know, right? I mean, WHY is he so ANGRY? It makes no sense to be so angry at the media and those that care about your child.

He could have some respect and at least be polite.

ITA! I doubt a little 5-yr-old child even knows what marriage, a wedding, a new mommy, etc, means. That's really not on the top of her priority list, I'd imagine. Sounds like a nice little one-liner that Misti came up with to sound all sweet and caring. Too bad she used the past-tense "wanted" instead of "wants." It's almost as if these folks go out of their way to look as bad as possible.

Except Haleigh was a little girl that sees her real mother 4 days a month. I can easily see her having made comments about Misti staying forever or something along those lines. I had a girlfriend a while, no father in the picture, her little boy was completely overinterested in her dating and having a man in the household. I don't think it is much of a stretch to think Haleigh had that same longing.

I think Misty said it to the public to sound sweet. And I think everything they say and do indicates knowing this is a past tense situation. Leaving the home, removing any sense of home and familiarity for her to come back to. I can see not staying there longterm, but never going back in the house again to me sounds like a location of death, not the last place you tucked your child in. Not the place that might have a clue that only Ron would realize was there, something out of place etc... how could you not go back inside?

This whole mess reminds me of the show "In Living Color' when they did their little skit of "The Dysfunctional Home Show"....

Dysfunction at its finest.....

Wow. Honestly, I can't think of worse timing, a worse reason by the parents to sign for their daughter to do this, and I'm honestly pretty shocked.

Praying for Haleigh. Please come home soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savagegrace13