Ronald proposes to Misty

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haleigh's Mother: (this address is temporary)
Crystal Sheffield c/o Jamie W 888 highway 17 south, San Mateo Fl. 32187

http://www.findhaleigh.com/

This indicates that address is for Crystal Sheffield not Ron

Jamie W. is the funeral home guy that had the news conference with Ron and Teresa. He is not associated with Crystal.

Do you have a link that talks about DCF being to the home numerous times in the last 5 months? I know they visited after Marie filed a complaint but I hadn't seen anything saying DCF has been there numerous times in the last 5 months.

Do you have a link to information that Marie filed a DCF complaint? This is the first I've heard of that.

OMG. I purposefully don't follow this case very closely because I was far too emotionally invested in the last one and I can't go through that again, so admittedly there are a lot of things going on I am sure that I am not aware of but.... just OMG!

From the very beginning I thought the only thing this family was guilty of was being complete rednecks which might not make them parents of the years but is not a crime (excuse me if I'm being politically incorrect). But you don't go getting MARRIED when your baby has been missing for one MONTH. I can just picture Haleigh in a pretty little dress with her hair all fixed up, she'd be the sweetest little flower girl ever. They are not doing this for her. How could they do it without her? Why would they want their wedding day which is supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life to take place during this terribly tragic time?

I'm sure there is plenty that I've missed but this more than anything I've heard makes me suspicious. That's just not right at all. :(

Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Neves, says it's what Haleigh always wanted. "When Haleigh was home, she always wanted Misty to be mommy," says Neves, "I believe she'll be very, very happy when she comes home to find out that her daddy finally did what she wanted."

Ronald and Misty plan to marry this week. They say it's so Haleigh will have a surprise when she gets home.

http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstories/story/Ronald-and-Misty-Engaged/FY37XC5vAEylu_BRFPBLLg.cspx

I could want for nothing more than for Haleigh to be returned to her family alive, nothing. However, if this happens to be a stranger abduction by what many, including her family, believe to have been a SO, I doubt she will be in any condition to feel up to celebrating or get any joy from this surprise. This child will need a lot of love and care not only from her family but also from professionals and it will be a struggle to help her through the horrors of her ordeal. The emboldened is so difficult to read because it seems to me that a new puppy, house, or marriage, will be of precious little concern at that point.

OMG. I purposefully don't follow this case very closely because I was far too emotionally invested in the last one and I can't go through that again, so admittedly there are a lot of things going on I am sure that I am not aware of but.... just OMG!

From the very beginning I thought the only thing this family was guilty of was being complete rednecks which might not make them parents of the years but is not a crime (excuse me if I'm being politically incorrect). But you don't go getting MARRIED when your baby has been missing for one MONTH. I can just picture Haleigh in a pretty little dress with her hair all fixed up, she'd be the sweetest little flower girl ever. They are not doing this for her. How could they do it without her? Why would they want their wedding day which is supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life to take place during this terribly tragic time?

I'm sure there is plenty that I've missed but this more than anything I've heard makes me suspicious. That's just not right at all. :(

And yet, they're saying thats exaclty why they are doing this, because she wanted them to get married, and it's a surprise for her when she gets home. So it'a all about Haleigh after all.
How's that for spin?

I'm sorry, but something just doesn't seem "right" with the 17 year old girlfriend. Ever since this story made its initial headlines, I had this weird feeling in my gut that this girl knows more than what she is saying. Her tears look more like "tears of guilt" than tears of pain. I may be wrong, and I'm really not trying to be judgemental, so I'm sorry if its coming off to be this way, I'm just going eith my gut feeling, thats all. I'm a brand new member here, so I hope I'm not out of turn by saying what I'm thinking, its just when I see this girl walking around, smoking her cigarette, she just rubs me the wrong way. This case is very, very sad, and I hope this little girl is found. I feel horrible for the family and every time I see the grandmother on Nacy Grace, it just breaks my heart.

I'm sorry, but something just doesn't seem "right" with the 17 year old girlfriend. Ever since this story made its initial headlines, I had this weird feeling in my gut that this girl knows more than what she is saying. Her tears look more like "tears of guilt" than tears of pain. I may be wrong, and I'm really not trying to be judgemental, so I'm sorry if its coming off to be this way, I'm just going eith my gut feeling, thats all. I'm a brand new member here, so I hope I'm not out of turn by saying what I'm thinking, its just when I see this girl walking around, smoking her cigarette, she just rubs me the wrong way. This case is very, very sad, and I hope this little girl is found. I feel horrible for the family and every time I see the grandmother on Nacy Grace, it just breaks my heart.

Welcome to WB!!! We can all have our Own Personal and again Welcome

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=133274&catid=295

When I watch that video of him walking past the reporters and Misty and her mother I get the distinct impression he is P'oed that she was talking to reporters and she chases after him, and I can almost GUESS the words " im sorry I was just excited telling them about us getting married..why did you walk past me like that - im supposed to be your fiance"

Yup thats what i can GUESS At what was being said...

I mean COME ON - if you were proposed to and your fiance walked right past you wouldn't you be hurt....Thats not how people who get engaged act.
People who get engaged are in love and want to shout it from the roof tops..

But then there is a little girl missing ..And getting engaged and being all lovey dovey just isnt the right thing to do.
Certainly showing off your ring isnt
Unbelievable! I get that Ronald is sick of the media in his face-- it's odd that Misty and her mama were out there gushing, knowing how he feels. I'm sorry, but it was downright tacky!! And it was pathetic how she was running after him as he stormed to his truck..... these two do not seem to be on the same page. IMO.

I wish them luck with their marriage. They're going to need lots of it.

O/T but is Misty's mother really only 39 years old? :waitasec:

Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Neves, says it's what Haleigh always wanted. "When Haleigh was home, she always wanted Misty to be mommy," says Neves, "I believe she'll be very, very happy when she comes home to find out that her daddy finally did what she wanted."

Ronald and Misty plan to marry this week. They say it's so Haleigh will have a surprise when she gets home.

http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstories/story/Ronald-and-Misty-Engaged/FY37XC5vAEylu_BRFPBLLg.cspx

Yeah, riiiiight....... so it's all for Haleigh. How nice of them! :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, just like all the people who respect and are polite to them in their time of tragedy.

I think we see ourselves as people sitting in a coffee house talking about this amongst ourselves. This is a public web board. The people in the midst of these problems have access to all our speculation, name calling, and psychic visions of what their home lives are REALLY like. The only reason we have all this fodder for speculation is the media focusing cameras on them 24/7...I understand exactly why they might blame the media for the mean things many of us say (I am guilty also...not throwing stones here).

To reference one of the worst examples, I really am not sure I would be polite to ANYONE who accused me of impregnating my sister, no matter how much they claimed to "care" about a child in my life. I'm sure Ron has very little respect for people speculating on his drug habits, whether he's a pedophile, abusive, etc...it's beyond most people to smile in the face of such accusations just because the accusers claim to "care" about someone they care about. Some people even claim to "care" about his daughter more than he does...would YOU be polite to someone accusing you of the above offences, who THEN informs you that they care about your daughter more than you do?

I won't apologize for looking at his relationship with a child as wrong. Misty was 16 when they began dating, whether that dating stayed on the innocently holding hands side of things. I don't care if he smiles about it or not. But I won't drop my belief that a 25 year old man has no business with a 16 year old girl. Now that she's 17 and has her mother's gleeful blessing on a marriage to this man, I do not see that it is more legitimate to put aside questions about why he would seek out the affections of a girl who is barely capable of keeping from licking her chops that she's sporting a ring on her pretty manicured hand.

I won't pretend (like he would like everyone to do) that he doesn't have a long history of drug related charges.

I won't pretend that he hasn't been violent in the past.

These things are relevant to the disappearance of his child and it is unfortunate that in investigating that disappearance, all that information is shown the light of day. As is evidenced in the rumor threads, it wasn't as though all these things weren't being discussed before Haleigh went missing. I won't be cowed by his belief that we all need to "get outta his face" because he doesn't like the light being shined on the decisions he makes in his life that are quite apparently of the destructive kind.

Unbelievable! I get that Ronald is sick of the media in his face-- it's odd that Misty and her mama were out there gushing, knowing how he feels. I'm sorry, but it was downright tacky!! And it was pathetic how she was running after him as he stormed to his truck..... these two do not seem to be on the same page. IMO.

I wish them luck with their marriage. They're going to need lots of it.

O/T but is Misty's mother really only 39 years old? :waitasec:

The groom looks real happy eh?

Meanwhile back in reality...the police say they have no idea what happened to Haleigh.:mad:

I thought he was the funeral guy, but the website I quoted showed that as Crystals alternate address and Bank of America for Ron.

Jamie Watts is the funeral home guy that had the news conference with Ron and Teresa. He is not associated with Crystal.

Hi Busylady:
I don't have a link but I can look tomorrow;going to bed soon! That thing called work in the am! For some reason, I think it was announced at an early press conference and LE said that DCF had been out to that address on several occ in the past 5 months. That struck me as odd as they had only been together for 5 months and I was curious as to why they were out there.
I didn't even know that Marie filed a complaint, what was that about??

I haven't seen that, but Ron is well versed in DCF regulations on spanking on the bottom. He spoke about it in an interview to counter Crystal's claim that he'd backhanded Haleigh at one point.

Bad timing! Especially since they say Haleigh wanted this. How can they do this without Haleigh?

I also wonder if it has anything to do with statutory rape charges down the road for Ronald. I know I read an article where this has been put on hold until they find out what happened to Haleigh. (I dont' have a link just doing by memory).

What about a husband testifying against his wife? Could this also be a reason?

I don't think this engagement should have been announced. I think it should have been kept close to the vest as not to incite negative thoughts.

Too late for that, eh!

Have you really honestly NEVER been so upset at a loved one that you walked right past them like they don't exist? Really? Is this the level we're lowing the bar for abuse? My 4 year old does this daily to me, he's not going to abuse his girlfriend when he's older.

Also if I JUST FOUND OUT that my kid is missing and I was on 911 I really would not be thinking "gee this might be on the news someday if my kid isn't found, so I better put on my public face!" I mean, if that was even something that popped into my head I would consider myself an awful parent.

Did he call a press conference so the news cameras could record him disrespecting her? No, he's living his life and the cameras ARE THERE. Is he the nicest guy in the world? No, but alot of people aren't pretty under stress and are lucky enough not to get caught on camera. I helped my friend escape an abuser, and I can't even imagine her uttering "He was mad and ignored me in public!"

We can pick at every detail of his actions and reactions all day, but in reality just because most people are not caught on camera does not mean these bahaviors are THAT out of the ordinary. It's like we all get on the internet and pretend to the world that we never argue, but IF we did we'd NEVER call names, NEVER shoot a nasty look, and resolve all conflicts over warm muffins and tea.

Again, he COULD be abusive...I'm not even pretending to know them, I just don't see it in these reactions.

What was he upset with her about?

Well, we may never know what Haleigh wanted, but my guess is this is not about what the children want anyway. I just think it's in very poor taste to do this now, with his daughter missing and possibly dead. How many of us could even think of such a thing right now? Or buying a home or getting a tatoo? It's all about what HE wants.
And the sad part to me is.... he did not respect or care about the mother of his two kids enough to marry her back then, yet he can marry this child who says she is going to be their mommy. NO!!! That will not make her the mommy!! Misty will never be anything more than the STEPmother!
IMO, it's pretty easy to sit there and say what Haleigh would have wanted, she's not here to dispute that. But most kids will say yes, if asked something of that nature. The word marriage means nothing to them... they have no idea what it means. And I doubt that Haleigh wants to replace her real mommmy with a teenage substitute. Sorry. To say I am disappointed in this is putting it mildly. If they had just gone quietly and tied the knot and then made the announcement, maybe it wouldn't look so bad. But to make a big production of proposing in Chili's, getting down on one knee and giving her an engagement ring, etc., that's just......... sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver