Ronald speaks from jail #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The only thing we know for sure is.. he doesn't tolerate being alone and he has to be in control. FDLE should be using these things against him. However; they may be some rules they have to follow regarding housing. He just has to slip up; he will eventually and will be placed into Ad Seg. Where he is now is not isolation, correctionally speaking. He is isolated from the general pop and all their noise, what a shame because being around newly admitted county residents is not a pleasant experience. What a shame they have all missed out on that one!

Okay everyone. I had one member suggest that instead of moving posts around, if I would ask everyone to get back on track. I'm going to try it here. The thing is, I'm not going to do this on every thread. Let's see if the suggestion works or not. :wink:

There are threads about TN's opinion of RC in jail and now I find posts here that would better be served there. And there are some posts about RC being at Putnam County Jail so I wonder if the Putnam County jail thread would be better off closed and we can continue that discussion here? Maybe even close the thread about TN?

Maybe those threads are used up and this is a better place for continuing discussions about RC in jail? (Except for venting about jewelry and laundry which is in the PL).

Normally a mod wouldn't throw this out for everyone to hash over, but I'm doing it at the request of a member. :crazy: I'm feeling groovy tonight!

Opinions? Want me to close the other two threads so it is easier to follow RC in jail on just one now?

Exactly. So many times, it's those little things that will trip up someone. That's also why you will sometimes hear investigators jump around when questioning persons of interest (Casey Anthony comes to mind). Someone may be able to to tell their story start to finish, but when you jump around, it's hard to remember the sequence when it's not the truth.

How many times, when someone asks Misty a question, have we heard her start at the beginning, telling her rehearsed story?

You just hit the nail right square on the head!! That's exactly how investigators interrogate suspects. Jump from one point to another, back and forth, start at the end and work backwards, go back to the middle and then back from the top again. Works nearly every time. That's how they know when someone's story is consistent or not. And that's why they say her story is full of holes.

This breaking down of every subject is maddening, Kim. I would be nice to have a general discussion plus breakdowns on people and events...IDK.

This breaking down of every subject is maddening, Kim. I would be nice to have a general discussion plus breakdowns on people and events...IDK.

Allow me to quote admin regarding general threads:
Think about being able to retirve information at trial or as new developments come up. It is hard to isolate discussion in a general discussion or broad topic thread, but it is easy to find a specific topic and update it with information.

We aren't doing general threads for that reason and a few others that aren't as important, but issues nonetheless.

However, I think that once a breaking story has been discussed to it's fullest, a running thread of a general nature might be easier. That's why the suggestion of making this a general discussion of RC in jail might be a happy medium.

IMHO.. We have entirely too too many threads now...Half the time I don't have a clue as to what thread I am on...I find almost impossible to discuss one player w/o discussing another in conjuction with something that has happened...And Kimster I need a place to discuss TN and all the lies she has spewed over the last year.. Please don't do away with that one..

IMHO.. We have entirely too too many threads now...Half the time I don't have a clue as to what thread I am on...I find almost impossible to discuss one player w/o discussing another in conjuction with something that has happened...And Kimster I need a place to discuss TN and all the lies she has spewed over the last year.. Please don't do away with that one..

:angel: That was a sweet post, Em! I'm so confused. :)

This is why mods make decisions on their own a lot of the time. I've had a couple of members ask for changes, but I've had a ton of members tell me privately that they prefer the topic threads and that they are easier to find the information they are looking for.

I do think the RC move to PCJ is no longer useful and is adding to the confusion, so I'll close that one and link over to this one.

Continue on! Stay on topic about Ron in jail with this thread. :) And I'll see y'all on the Levi thread when the show starts! I can't wait! :grouphug:

Allow me to quote admin regarding general threads:
Think about being able to retirve information at trial or as new developments come up. It is hard to isolate discussion in a general discussion or broad topic thread, but it is easy to find a specific topic and update it with information.

We aren't doing general threads for that reason and a few others that aren't as important, but issues nonetheless.

However, I think that once a breaking story has been discussed to it's fullest, a running thread of a general nature might be easier. That's why the suggestion of making this a general discussion of RC in jail might be a happy medium.

I've got no objection to being able to find information but I would like to have a place for the general, wandering sort of discussion that discusses everything at once because everything ties together. If the thread titles are too narrowly defined, and someone goes off in a tangent and asks a slightly off-topic question I may know the answer but I'm afraid to reply because it would be even more off-topic.
I guess I don't see it as a problem if there are a few off topic posts here and there as long people generally remember which thread they're on. If I'm looking for specific information I try the search engine anyway before going through tons of old posts, or somebody remembers if I ask a question.

To return to the topic :angel:
Ron's discussing his arrest on the Dana Treen tapes and he says he knew the guy in the car was a cop because a friend of his was there and said he went to the store and buy a drink. Have we got any idea who this friend might be?

I assumed that rc knew the guy in the car because he got him drugs before. Don't know, I like your question.

I doubt rc knew the guy was a cop. He sure like to toot his own horn. If he knew he was a cop, he would not have got in the car. According to rc, there is nothing he doesn't know...em..except what happened to Haleigh.

I was confusing, sorry. I was wondering about the identity of the friend who RC says called him in jail and told him that he had observed the arrest in the parking lot. That friend said he'd seen the dude in the car go in the store un-arrested which made them think the car dude was a cop.
They haven't released such a phone call, have they?

I was confusing, sorry. I was wondering about the identity of the friend who RC says called him in jail and told him that he had observed the arrest in the parking lot. That friend said he'd seen the dude in the car go in the store un-arrested which made them think the car dude was a cop.

Not that I know of Donjeta. Interesting thing to me is also that I 'assume' Ron had to have been the one to initiate the phone call. So..what would make Ron call this guy to begin with? Was this 'friend' at the store with Ron? I can't remember whether he said the guy was just sitting in the parking lot OR if he pulled in the parking lot. Must be a pretty good friend to accept a collect call from from jail! There's more to this story, I imagine..

Right, Pondering. I think he said the friend pulled in at the parking lot, not sure.

Another strange thing, Ron says that he was just in the store getting cigarettes and hadn't come to meet anybody. But what a coinkidinky that just when FBI, FDLE and SWAT are preparing to arrest Ron, Misty happened to be sitting in a car in the same parking lot and they could arrest two at the price of one!

Kimster... I respect the admin's reason for not having a general discussion, but I have to say this. I don't see how important information could be lost as long as the mods can make sure links go into the sticky threads, or placed somewhere that it's easy to get to.
I've been to a lot of large forums where there is a general discussion thread, and it works out great. If you have a comment that you're not sure which topic to post on, you can put it in the general thread and not have the chance that it would be deleted unless it's against TOS. I wouldn't mind seeing a general thread AND a breaking news thread... then just break down the topics of each player or subject.
I personally don't see the need for a new thread on every little detail though... like Ron's underwear. There's just so much that can be said on having to wear dirty boxers, but that's just me.
These topics are generally all intertwined anyway... sometimes when posters are discussing one person, they might have a comment about another person, because all these people are tied in together and it's all relative, KWIM?
Not complaining, and no offense at all.... but you did ask! Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in, hope that's okay.

Right, Pondering. I think he said the friend pulled in at the parking lot, not sure.

Another strange thing, Ron says that he was just in the store getting cigarettes and hadn't come to meet anybody. But what a coinkidinky that just when FBI, FDLE and SWAT are preparing to arrest Ron, Misty happened to be sitting in a car in the same parking lot and they could arrest two at the price of one!

However Ron wants to frame it, LE has him on video making the sale. Has him on video making the buy. And i'm not talking about cigs.

Kimster... I respect the admin's reason for not having a general discussion, but I have to say this. I don't see how important information could be lost as long as the mods can make sure links go into the sticky threads, or placed somewhere that it's easy to get to.
I've been to a lot of large forums where there is a general discussion thread, and it works out great. If you have a comment that you're not sure which topic to post on, you can put it in the general thread and not have the chance that it would be deleted unless it's against TOS. I wouldn't mind seeing a general thread AND a breaking news thread... then just break down the topics of each player or subject.
I personally don't see the need for a new thread on every little detail though... like Ron's underwear. There's just so much that can be said on having to wear dirty boxers, but that's just me.
These topics are generally all intertwined anyway... sometimes when posters are discussing one person, they might have a comment about another person, because all these people are tied in together and it's all relative, KWIM?
Not complaining, and no offense at all.... but you did ask! Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in, hope that's okay.

It's always okay to politely throw in your two cents. :) I'm not interested in all the topics either, but some want to discuss them or look them up later. The main value I see in topical threads is when you want to go back and get the information. Like the $35,000 that RC said he needed to get Haleigh back. I was blessed that members here remembered what happened and filled me in, but I would have loved links that I could see in a thread - and the comments made by members at that time. I don't have time to search it even today.

I realized other forums have long discussion threads, but we don't do it that way at WS when a case has gone on as long as this one and has this much interest. I thank God she has this much interest. There aren't enough people on WS to spread themselves thin enough to devote this much attention to so many other missing children. :(

We won't be opening a general discussion thread, but your concerns will stay in my mind as I make decisions in the future regarding topic threads. :)

The following audios are at the link below.
"Snip" http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...ouse_telephone_interview_with_ronald_cummings

Ronald wants to tell his family he loves them

Ronald discusses how people have talked about his best friend

Ronald worries about his son, Ronald Jr., who still gets Haleigh candy

Ronald talks about his grandparents, who raised him

The beginning of Ronald and Misty's relationship

Why Ronald was given custody of the children

Ronald talks about his grandfather's influence

Ronald shares his Bible study

Ronald talks about life in jail

Ronald's biggest concern remains finding Haleigh

Ronald talks about how he tried to find a job

Ronald talks about the best time in his life

I had no idea you could call in to an inmate. How does that work?

[sorry, I'm only familiar w/jail in the movies and on tv.]

Oh wait... Ron said he only has 3 friends, right? His attorneys. (?)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back