Royal Baby #2 is on it's way ..

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
pram_3289363b.jpg

Blimey. Cadbury's have made an entire pram out of chocolate to celebrate the birth, which weighs 10kg and is made from Dairy Milk. It will go on display at Cadbury World.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...te-middleton-labour-royal-baby-born-live.html

I am thinking Angela as a first name in honor of the late Queen Mum's middle name. Angela Elizabeth Diana.

Questions about the names the media is putting forth..

Alice ..which royal Alice? ..there have been a few royal females named Alice since the 1800's that are related to Prince William on both the maternal and paternal side...

Charlotte...named after Queen Charlotte wife of George III OR Princess Charlotte of Wales (their grand daughter) daughter of George IV..I have read media reports linking the name Charlotte to Queen Charlotte..

Looking at the names of Queen Victoria's female children and female grand children...
it won't be Beatrice or Louise (Prince Andrew and Prince Edward named their daughters by those names)

but the names Victoria, Mary, Charlotte, Alexandra, Alice, Helena, Augusta come up often in the naming of royal females in the last 100 years..either as a first name or included as middle names.

Here is the official announcement from Kensington Palace:

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge will be leaving St. Mary’s Hospital, Paddington this evening.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their daughter will travel home to Kensington Palace.

Prince George has now returned to Kensington Palace.

Their Royal Highnesses would like to thank all staff at the hospital for the care and treatment they have all received. They would also like to thank everyone for their warm wishes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...te-middleton-labour-royal-baby-born-live.html

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal · 28m 28 minutes ago

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge will be leaving St. Mary’s Hospital, Paddington this evening.

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal

Even the Princess only stays in the hospital for 12 hours or so!
(I'm going to use that when in-laws tell me I need to stay in the hospital longer!) :giggle:

Ellen DeGeneres
@TheEllenShow

It's a princess! Welcome to the world, Princess Winnifred Fergully Ellen of the Shire. That's just a suggestion. #RoyalBaby
May. 2, 2015

William and Kate are planning to spend the first few days after the birth at Kensington Palace, Reuters reports. They will then travel to Anmer Hall, a secluded 10-bedroom country mansion on Queen Elizabeth's privately-owned Sandringham estate in Norfolk, eastern England, where they have set up home.

uk.news.yahoo.com

Twitter
Facebook
Likes1

Caithlin Mercer

8b7c81f5-cb1d-4ccc-9b60-23be69cad710_800.jpg

The royal couple step out of the hospital with their daughter (Photo: AP Images) Meet our new princess! Kate Middleton and Prince William exited St. Mary’s Hospital on Saturday with their new baby girl and showed her off to throngs of reporters gathered around the facility awaiting the first shot of Her Royal Highness. The royal couple emerged from the hospital, Middleton clad in a knee-length white dress with yellow flowers holding the little princess (who was wrapped in a white blanket and wearing a white hat) with Prince William at her side.

Twitter
Facebook
Likes0

http://yahoonewsuk.tumblr.com/royal-baby/

Absolutely beautiful royal baby. I am hoping "Diana" is in her name. Thank you for posting the photos.

The names in Queen Elizabeth II female line

Elizabeth II full name Elizabeth Alexandra Mary

Princess Margaret (sister of Elizabeth II) full name Margaret Rose (The Queen Mother then known as the Duchess of York wanted to call her 2nd daughter Ann Margaret..she liked the names togther..Ann of York and Elizabeth of York but her father in law, George V did not like the name Ann) the names Ann of York and Elizabeth of York take me back to the daughters of Richard Plantagenet, 3rd Duke of York and his wife Duchess Cecily Neville. Also their son Edward IV and his wife Elizabeth Woodville had daughters named Elizabeth of York (wife of Henry VII and mother of Henry VIII) and Anne of York among their female children

Daughter of Elizabeth II
Anne, Princess Royal, Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise

Grand Daughters of Elizabeth II

Zara Anne Elizabeth Phillips
Princess Beatrice of York,Beatrice Elizabeth Mary
Princess Eugenie of York, Eugenie Victoria Helena
Lady Louise Windsor, Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor

Of interest to me
The newly born princess will one day be eligible to be styled as Princess Royal, a title currently held by Queen Elizabeth's daughter Anne.

"The Daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, as the eldest daughter of a future monarch, would be the next eligible for the title, upon the death of her great-aunt and her father's ascension to the throne"

I wonder if her name will follow some of the royal ancestors who held that title

Mary, Princess Royal 1642–1660

Louisa Maria Teresa Stuart( Disputed) 1692-1712

Anne, Princess Royal 1692-1712

Charlotte, Princess Royal 1789–1828

Victoria, Princess Royal 1841–1901

Louise, Princess Royal 1905–1931

Mary, Princess Royal 1932–1965

Anne, Princess Royal 1987–present

The Succession of the Crown Act, 2013 in brief...

1) The Succession to the Crown Act now requires the top 6 members of the royal family(those nearest in line to the throne) must obtain the Queen's consent before marrying.
-Ever since the Royal Marriages Act of 1772, anyone in the royal succession was required to gain the consent of the monarch before getting married. The Act stated that "a descendant of King George II may marry only with the consent of the Sovereign". That law was repealed in 2013 to include the top 6 royals only

Here is the current list of the top 6
next in line to the throne...Prince Charles,Prince of Wales; Prince William,Duke of Cambridge: Prince George of Cambridge, Princess__________of Cambridge, Prince Henry (Harry) of Wales, Prince Andrew, Duke of York

2) Male members of the royal family no longer have precedence over female members...

the Act also amended the rules relating to marriage so that royals can now marry someone of Roman Catholic faith without being "disqualified from succeeding to the Crown".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succession_to_the_British_throne#Current_rules

OMG she is so cute!!! She looks like an Alice to me! I so hope they choose that name :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back