Russia- 10 dead and 50 injured in subway explosion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was shocked at these statistics "But incidents like Monday's bombing in St. Petersburg remain a problem for Russia, where more than*3,500 people are estimated to have died in over 800 attacks since 1970. Here's a WorldViews list of*some of the deadliest attacks."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ist-attacks-in-russia/?utm_term=.e5c03bd86928

It is going to be interesting to see who is behind this Chechen terrorists, ISIS followers or home grown terrorists. I'm waiting to hear back from my friend who lives in St Petersburg that she and her family are ok. I'm worried I haven't heard from her.

I hope you hear from her soon. Please let us know when you do.

Awful news from a beautiful city. The underground stations there (and Moscow) are absolutely stunning, it's like walking into an old art gallery.

Is this ever gonna end?

Nope not any more

The man in the photo I posted handed himself into police and has denied any involvement.

"Tonight, it has emerged that the bearded man who was identified on CCTV as the main suspect, handed himself in to police and insists he is innocent. Detectives are putting the man through a lie detector test.

Russian authorities are also probing the possibility of a suicide bomber being involved. They have intelligence on a 23-year-old man, from an 'ex-Soviet Central Asian nation', who has links to radical Islamists."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4375518/Explosion-metro-St-Petersburg.html#ixzz4dDyDH95W

Thank you bluesneakers I've still not heard from my friend but I will let you know if I do.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/03/analysis-islamist-terror-returning-russia/
[h=1]Analysis: is Islamist terror returning to Russia?[/h]
For the past few years, the insurgency in the Caucasus has been on the back foot – largely thanks to a massive crackdown Russia’s security services launched in the run-up to the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.

That campaign, it later emerged, included a covert plan to help problematic insurgents travel to the Middle East in exchange for a promise never to return.
It was remarkably effective. The Volgograd attacks did not herald a new wave of attacks as some feared, but seemed to be a last throw of the dice by a force on its last legs.
But the "export" of terror also contributed to the emergence of a powerful “Russian” (actually Russian-speakers from across the former Soviet Union) jihadi movement in Iraq and Syria.

Like many Western governments in similar situations, the Kremlin will likely simply point to it as another reason why its own war on terror is justified.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...burg-new-york-london-paris-brussels/99988934/
[h=1]St. Petersburg subway bombing reveals terror vulnerability[/h]
The St. Petersburg subway bombing demonstrated the terror risks facing subway stations because of their open access and large crowds, but experts said Monday that Russian transportation security has been less stringent than in the U.S.

Authorities are searching for two suspects, according to Interfax.

“The scariest part is that it’s no longer instructions from al-Qaeda. Nowadays, it’s the guy who’s practicing radical terrorism in his living room,” John Poncy, a security expert who is CEO of The Densus Group and a former Army soldier, told USA TODAY.

Attachments

• IMG_0040.JPG
    IMG_0040.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 25
I don't understand why this hasn't been bigger news here. Where all do you find news on it? I checked CNN and Fox News earlier and it wasn't really talked about except in top of the hour updates. And I'm wondering how this guy in the green beanie looks to be a radical Islamist? Moo

Bluesneakers- thank you for caring about my friend. I heard from her a short while ago she is thankfully safe. One of her family members works at the subway station the blast happened in and she couldn't get a hold of her for a period of time. But they got in touch and she is ok too. My friend says the situation is very tense in St Petersburg as people are understandably very worried.

Bluesneakers- thank you for caring about my friend. I heard from her a short while ago she is thankfully safe. One of her family members works at the subway station the blast happened in and she couldn't get a hold of her for a period of time. But they got in touch and she is ok too. My friend says the situation is very tense in St Petersburg as people are understandably very worried.

I'm glad your friend is ok. This is just nuts. Why isn't it bigger news in the states? I don't get it.

That must have been a scary time for her family! I'm glad you heard from her and she's okay.

I think since they know his name that he was already on a watch list

I don't understand why this hasn't been bigger news here. Where all do you find news on it? I checked CNN and Fox News earlier and it wasn't really talked about except in top of the hour updates. And I'm wondering how this guy in the green beanie looks to be a radical Islamist? Moo

I think since they know his name that he was already on a watch list

Yes good point. It goes to show we can't judge a book by its cover. Scary. I fear for our children's future!

I'm glad your friend is ok. This is just nuts. Why isn't it bigger news in the states? I don't get it.

Thank you. The U.S media I have seen over here in the U.K seems to be covering the new presidency in the States extensively as it is providing record ratings. I think that's part of it.

That must have been a scary time for her family! I'm glad you heard from her and she's okay.

Thank you she is very scared I just hope and pray there is no further attacks planned.

Praying alongside you .

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

"Police in Russia now believe a suicide bomber, who has close links to radical Islamists was behind the attack.

He was named locally as Maksim Arishev, 22, from Kazakhstan and a CCTV image has been released of the suspect.

The image shows a man in a red Parka jacket, wearing glasses and a green beanie hat and carrying a rucksack on his back."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4375518/Explosion-metro-St-Petersburg.html#ixzz4dEW7Ri75
He is from the same city as the brothers in the Boston bombing.

I pray for healing for Russia and it's people. No excuse attacking innocents. I pray for Mr. Putin for guidance, I don't think he will let this slide by.

Kazakhstan

Kazakhstan is a country. Boston bomber (the younger) was born in Kyrgyzstan, which is another difficult to spell and pronounce country.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michelle177
Back