Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
rbbm.
Ottawa takes aim at Russian propaganda on Canadian TV | The Star

''Allowing Russian propaganda to flow freely into Canadian homes is not a free-speech issue but one of national security, Kolga said, charging that RT has actively promoted vaccination hesitancy and conspiracy theories about the COVID-19 pandemic in an attempt to divide Canadians.

Kolga said RT has been promoting anti-government conspiracies, including giving voice to those who want to overthrow the government. He noted that the so-called “Freedom Convoy” protesters in Ottawa highlighted the kinds of narratives shared on the network.

Kolga said governments should sanction organizations like RT and their staff, so Canadians can’t get paid for working for them. Such action, he said, would block “the ability for the crooked individual, maybe an academic, to receive payment for writing columns that attack democracy, NATO, Canada using those platforms like RT.”

Without commenting on RTV, as I don’t watch it, nor am even a Canadian, however…Maybe there is something I don’t see, but it is easy to blame antivaxxers on Russia and do nothing about the core issues generating this group. But, again, maybe Kolga knows better as I don’t watch RTV. JMO.

So is Russia, in effect, sacrificing young men to save more experienced soldiers?

Seasoned, older, soldiers might be viewed as the support base of the government. Not so - the young people who, per polls, are way more vocal and unafraid. JMO.

“The 38-year-old managing partner at UNIT.City said troops spoke of how they were in military training when their commander gave them an order to “go that way”. Before they knew it they were waging a war against their neighbour.

“They are just following the orders that they have,” Mr Yevtushenko said. “They are kids, born in 2000 and 2002, they are frustrated, our army forces don’t even know what to do with those kids, and there are thousands of those guys now on the fields of Ukraine – killed.”

Russians troops are disoriented, hungry, and don't understand why they invaded, says Ukrainian

I know that this article dates from a few days ago,but imo - it shows how senseless,this all is...
Yes it is senseless and so cruel. There have been other articles that speak to this also.

IIRC, 80% of the Russian army sent to invade were conscripts. They had no real training and were very young. They were lied to about what was happening. They thought it was all a training exercise and didn't know they were actually going into Ukraine until it happened.

When the Ukrainian member of the UN General Assembly spoke on Monday, he read from what I'm gathering was a phone found on a dead Russians young man. He had texted with his Mom. It was so very sad, so tragic. My heart aches for these mothers and fathers whose children were ill-equipped, lied to and died so unnecessarily.

'I’m afraid': Heartbreaking final texts between young Russian solider and mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState