Russia Attacks Ukraine - 23 Feb 2022 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

'Torture Chamber': Kherson Residents Describe Brutal Treatment By Russian Occupiers

Kherson residents say that Russian forces used a pretrial detention center to interrogate and torture locals. Some say they heard screams coming from the building. Current Time correspondent Borys Sachalko visited Kherson and spoke with people about what life was like under Russian occupation.

A Harrowing Journey Under Fire To Evacuate Frontline Ukrainian Towns

Ukrainian forces have just liberated the town of Makiyivka in the Luhansk region, but it remains on the front line of fighting with Russian troops. RFE/RL journalists traveled with volunteer Olha Zaitseva to one of the most remote streets of the town and helped evacuate people.

A Day At A Ukrainian Field Hospital

Near the front line, Ukrainian doctors fight in a daily battle between life and death. RFE/RL spent a day at a field hospital near Bakhmut, in eastern Ukraine, which Russian forces are attempting to capture.

OK, in the Soviet Union, it was impossible to get any statistics, but Solzhenitsyn once tried. He stated that during the time of Bolshevism, 60 millions people perished. This is why the first and only All-Russia census of 1894-97, was destroyed in Soviet times. How I define the number of victims? I get what the Soviet Union claimed and what people on the receiving end claim, and take the middle. The Soviet Union acknowledged 2 million dying during Holodomor. Ukraine states, 12 million. So if you take the middle, it is about 7 million. Is it feasible? Surely, because during Povolzhye hunger in 20-21, the numbers were not suppressed and they amount to 5 millions deaths. In Bashkiria, 23% of the population died. It is genocide, and I am not surprised that the people who mourn the dissolution of the Soviet Union, could be equally genocidal.

On another note:
One more strange death.

Last edited:
@PommyMommy Thank you so much for keeping this thread updated and relevant. It is my go-to news source. One stop shopping. I appreciate you!

Ditto here!! :)

That's sweet of you! Thank you, and you're welcome. I am just hoping and praying that it ends soon. The horror these people have endured is unimaginable. :( MOO

Ditto on this one too - too close for comfort for me...

war between USA and Russia
but Ukrainians are dying.
poor people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads