Russia Attacks Ukraine - 23 Feb 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything could really happen. I don’t know but potentially they could. I haven’t read about chernobyl power plant since a long long time but I thought there is no usable uranium anymore. They want it for a reason and it makes me a bit anxious that they will get a hold of it.

Exactly!!

Thanks for posting but I still don't get the motive...are they going to blow up the site.....causing major contamination again?

I reckon it’s to cause widespread fear of a potential radioactive leak. It’s all been sealed up for decades… he wants to wield the power and threat of unsealing it.

Anything could really happen. I don’t know but potentially they could. I haven’t read about chernobyl power plant since a long long time but I thought there is no usable uranium anymore. They want it for a reason and it makes me a bit anxious that they will get a hold of it.

The article suggests they may want to secure the area as it’s a good location to attack Kiev from.

EU to sanction Belarus for supporting Putin's invasion – leak

EU leaders will call for sanctions against Belarus for its role in supporting Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, according to a leaked summit text.

A draft statement seen by the Guardian, to be finalised by EU leaders meeting later on Thursday night, condemns “the involvement of Belarus in this aggression against Ukraine” and calls on Minsk to abide by its international obligations.

The document states:

The European Council [of EU leaders] calls for the swift preparation of a further sanctions package that will also cover Belarus.

Belarus is already subject to EU sanctions, targeting individuals and sectors of its economy, following President Alexander Lukashenko’s brutal crackdown on peaceful protesters in 2020.

The draft text repeats EU warnings that Russia will be hit with further sanctions that “impose massive and severe consequences” - but does not spell out what those measures are. That has to agreed by the EU’s 27 leaders meeting in Brussels on Thursday evening.

Ukraine crisis latest news: Kyiv urges EU to provide air defences as Russia invades on multiple fronts

Chernobyl...is taken now it seems....all the world is asking the question...what are they want with it.....some people say theory.....blackmail......more to come...it's getting more and more sinister......

And of course the Duchies will never forget the taking down of the civilian airplane MH17 by Russia (always denied....of course) in Ukrainian airspace. I will never forget the amount of covens repatriated and the national morning.
No. "Ukrainians", likely the ones living in the areas Putin has now declared to be independent, did that. I will never forget the pictures of women who went to the site and picked up make up and laughed as they found it. Disgusting.
There used to be pictures of the rocket or whatever you call it, being brought to the site, I think they are all gone now. But.

Russia attacks Ukraine: The latest news on the crisis | CTV News
''HELSINKI -- Baltic NATO members Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania have received the first batches of U.S. military troops and equipment promised this week by U.S. President Joe Biden in the wake of the Ukraine crisis.

An undisclosed number of U.S. F-35 fighters landed Thursday afternoon at NATO's air base in Amari, near Estonia's capital Tallinn, Estonian media reported. F-35 fighters were reported to have arrived also at NATO's air base in Lithuania.

On Wednesday evening, the first 40 American soldiers from the 173rd Airborne Brigade arrived in Latvia, Latvian media reported.''

No. "Ukrainians", likely the ones living in the areas Putin has now declared to be independent, did that. I will never forget the pictures of women who went to the site and picked up make up and laughed as they found it. Disgusting.
There used to be pictures of the rocket or whatever you call it, being brought to the site, I think they are all gone now. But.

Sorry @AliceInPain Don't get your post immidiatly....guess you are with me...but I don't understand what you mean. Do you think this was done by the parts of the Ukraine that are now so called recognized by Russia?

My nephew (USMC) just got deployed to Latvia

Dear @meanmaryjean,

Our Canadian men and women will be alongside your nephew in Latvia.

May they all be safe in their roles there.

We will hear a further update this afternoon from the Department of National Defence Services Canada.

Operation UNIFIER - Canada.ca

Update:
"Additional CAF personnel, along with further CAF military assets will be deployed to Latvia, in the face of rising tensions between Ukraine and Russia. These assets will come under Operation REASSURANCE in support of North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)."

"The CAF will provide a battery of M777 artillery guns with forward observers and an electronic warfare troop of CAF personnel to bolster the Canadian led NATO enhanced Forward Presence Battle Group in Latvia."

"These contributions will strengthen NATO’s deterrence and defence efforts by increasing Canada’s land, maritime, and air capabilities in Europe."

Canada announces support to address the situation in Ukraine | Prime Minister of Canada (pm.gc.ca)

They know there will be no return fire. They can just hunker down, build a landing strip, plan whatever. This goes beyond anything I expected them to do. Why capture Chernobyl indeed.
Killing imagination?! imo. rbbm.
April 2021
Chernobyl captures imaginations, brings underground tourism 35 years after nuclear disaster - ABC News (go.com)
''John is one of many so-called "Stalkers," the name -- taken from the 1979 Andrey Tarkovsky film -- for illegal explorers of the 30 kilometer abandoned zone around the Chernobyl former nuclear power station. His group, Chernobylexplorer, is one of the agencies offering unauthorized tours of the zone that in 1986 was the scene of the world’s worst nuclear disaster.

At one time, the "Stalkers’' attitude to Chernobyl were seen as unusual, but 35 years after the catastrophe, the site increasingly holds a different place in many Ukrainians’ imaginations. For some, it is becoming a place of inspiration and rebirth, and that now -- in a strange irony -- needs to be protected.''
Stalker | Trailer Legendado | HD - Bing video
15 sec in Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, Ukraine Chernobyl urbex tour - YouTube

Ukraine has always been the biggest prize that got away from the USSR.

Ukraine's independence was in 1991, along with Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova

Ukraine has always been the most prosperous of the Soviet properties, with two very important deep-water ports vital to Russian security and trade.

It has the largest positive economy and the best health statistics of the departed countries.

It is also considered to be the place where Russian heritage and language originated.

It's no surprise Putin would chose Ukraine because it's the biggest prize that was lost.

Ukraine has always been the biggest prize that got away from the USSR.

Ukraine's independence was in 1991, along with Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova

Ukraine has always been the most prosperous of the Soviet properties, with two very important deep-water ports vital to Russian security and trade.

It has the largest positive economy and the best health statistics of the departed countries.

It is also considered to be the place where Russian heritage and language originated.

It's no surprise Putin would chose Ukraine because it's the biggest prize that was lost.

Putin behaves like a 'jealous ex', says this Bossche Ukraine expert DPG Media Privacy Gate

"Speak Putin's language." The advice of Karel Burger Dirven, honorary consul of Ukraine in the Netherlands, to the EU is crystal clear. “If you want it to stop, there must be a military response. Precisely to ensure that there is no war. Fight threat with threat.”

Loosely translated: only with tanks will you get Putin back in his cage. The current (economic) sanctions will not in the least prevent the Russian president from steaming further in Ukraine , argues the native from Bosch. “That is absolutely insufficient.”

Putin's much-discussed speech two days ago only strengthened Burger Dirven's conviction that this president is no longer open to reason. He was shocked. From the fierceness with which he spoke, the threatening message he had, but above all the look in his eyes. "I've never seen a president look that way before. It was terrifying.” On social media, the former Brabant Member of Parliament described Putin's performance as 'lurid'. He wished the Russian leader a one-way ticket to the International Court of Justice.

They know there will be no return fire. They can just hunker down, build a landing strip, plan whatever. This goes beyond anything I expected them to do. Why capture Chernobyl indeed.
Exactly.

The facility is located about 80 miles (129km) north of Kyiv, several miles south of the Belarus border. Holding Chernobyl would provide Russian troops a staging point that couldn’t be shelled.

U.K. Adds to Russia Sanctions; Biden to Speak: Ukraine Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member