Russia - Dyatlov Pass Incident: Mysterious Deaths of 9 Skiers, Feb 1959

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know if they'd be useful, but there are some good podcasts. Anytime I try to link to podcasts here they get MODified, IYKWIM, but if you are interested send me a message and I'll make some suggestions.
If they're getting MODified, then they must not be reliable or suitable for being recommended as sources of info. IMO if they're not allowed here, they may be good for people interested in the case, yet not even close to good for young people who should get good quality info and not too much of morbid crazyness that surrounds this case.

I told my high school students about this mystery today and wondering if y’all have a particular documentary or video you recommend I share with them?
There's a really good book called "Dead Mountain" that came out a few years ago about this. It's a fairly simple, quick read.

"The mystery of the bizarre deaths of elite Russian hikers in a 1959 tragedy on a deadly Ural mountain is the subject of Eichar's extensive investigation. (...) Possible causes for the panic, according to Eichar and officials, are: an avalanche; mysterious armed men; even a fatal tiff by the males over the women. As the elements of this complicated tangle are compiled, the final wrap-up of the mountain tragedy is overwhelming, befitting a case defying explanation.
-Publishers Weekly"

This is indeed overwhelming.

If they're getting MODified, then they must not be reliable or suitable for being recommended as sources of info. IMO if they're not allowed here, they may be good for people interested in the case, yet not even close to good for young people who should get good quality info and not too much of morbid crazyness that surrounds this case.

Its probably best to know what you are talking about before you make judgments like this.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back