S.B.T.C. / Ransom Note Merged

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Elberethe said:
http://www.issuesetc.org/resource/journals/v2n4.htm

My understanding is there are many "catagories" of Christians. (Catholic, Luthern, Baptist, Presbyterian, etc). I do not know enough to know exactly where the term originates, but enough to know that many do use the acronym. A simple search of the web will show that it is quite common, but I'm sure you can do that yourself if you are seriously curious.

Could be. Yes there are many Christian denominations. I just had never heard of it, so I didn't know if that is something someone would use and pair it with Victory. I am familiar with many Christian acronyms, just not that one. I asked several of my Christian friends, and they were not familiar with that one. We are non-denoms.

My point is that Shall Be The Conqueror paired with Victory! makes a bit more sense. But that is just the way I see it. It could be just another one of those weird things.

I saw a sample of Karr's handwriting on Fox also--it does seem to be somewhat similar in style of the ransom note--anybody else think so?

englishleigh said:
Fox reporting on a letter (and showing it) that Karr wrote to a friend in high school in which he wrote "I SHALL BE THE CONQUERER" and they are speculating on whether "SBTC" means "Shall Be The Conquerer"...also the handwriting looks similar to the ransom note. Hmmm.

Handwriting will be extremely important; I hope they post samples of Karr's printing on the web.

Wudge said:
Handwriting will be extremely important; I hope they post samples of Karr's printing on the web.
Well, THAT'S what I'm waiting for. We need to see exemplars!! Right now!!

Peter Hamilton said:
I saw a sample of Karr's handwriting on Fox also--it does seem to be somewhat similar in style of the ransom note--anybody else think so?

I've seen it on Fox in the Letter to the friend with the "shall be the conqueror" reference...on a business card with "Hamilton, AL" or something on it, and in someone's yearbook, and all of it looks similar to the ransom note, and esp. the business card sample & the yearbook. He made his lowercase "a's" the same as in the ransom note, that really jumped out at me.

You mean his handwriting looked like Patsy's back in high school? Because if he studied her writing to duplicate it back in '96, he's probably written like that ever since.

Scandi

Shaydie's post #26 on this thread has a link to a page of JMK's handwriting.

I compared it to the RN from acandyrose, and did not really see any similarities. But, if he was disguising his handwriting in the RN, it may be a bit different. Also, the yearbook sample from shaydie's link is probably not really representative of the way JMK always writes, as he seemed, imo, to be trying to write in a fancy writing style.

Also, his handwriting would have evolved from high chool to 1996, imo.

Well, isn't something they look at spacing? Because the RN has the words spaced quite far apart, and in neither of his two samples does he do that.

Also, the word "good" on Pg. 3 of the RN ("use that good southern sense") and the word "good" on the bottom part of the yearbook ("are too good for that")

Looks very similar to me...

"My point is that Shall Be The Conqueror paired with Victory! makes a bit more sense. But that is just the way I see it. It could be just another one of those weird things."

Maybe, but why wouldn't it be ISBTC?

"I saw a sample of Karr's handwriting on Fox also--it does seem to be somewhat similar in style of the ransom note--anybody else think so?"

No, I don't see any real similarities. The writing is too "flourishy" compared the the note, too free-flowing.

Remember:

http://www.acandyrose.com/w1.gif

and

http://www.acandyrose.com/w3.gif

Lots of people make their a's and e's like that. I make my a's like that. Biggest similarity I see is in the way he makes his d's.

Most people make a c then draw a line down to meet and close in the c l << 2 strokes.

He seems to draw the c then in 1 stroke draw upwards to complete the stem. I'm not certain that is very common.

I see more differences though. Such as in the slant and spacing.

I however, am no expert. ;)

Shelayne said:
Could be. Yes there are many Christian denominations. I just had never heard of it, so I didn't know if that is something someone would use and pair it with Victory. I am familiar with many Christian acronyms, just not that one. I asked several of my Christian friends, and they were not familiar with that one. We are non-denoms.

My point is that Shall Be The Conqueror paired with Victory! makes a bit more sense. But that is just the way I see it. It could be just another one of those weird things.

It does make sense to use Victory in that way. However, I have seen it used with SBTC (Saved by the Cross - Victory) too. I would be hard pressed to prove it though as it was on a poster in college. =) I believe meaning Victory over ... death? I attended a Presbyterian service once and the word victory was used alot in reference to victory over evil and illness, etc.

It makes sense either way. Will be interesting to see what develops.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slim Summers
Back