Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1am is a misprint. It should say 1:00 PM for a "planned brunch". I haven't yet found the article that he reported her missing - will follow up.

"What is known is that she was expected back before 1am to attend a planned brunch appointment.
Thanks so much ..

I also think 1:00am is a misprint … but I think it should have been 11:00am …???

Ms O'Loughlan said Ms Murphy had been due to catch-up with friends for brunch at 11am on the day she went missing.

Thanks so much ..

I also think 1:00am is a misprint … but I think it should have been 11:00am …???

Ms O'Loughlan said Ms Murphy had been due to catch-up with friends for brunch at 11am on the day she went missing.

That makes more sense with the rest of the information. Police are interested in CCTV between 7 AM and 11 AM. Thank you!

She went jogging at 7 AM. She was expected home around 9-10 AM to get ready for brunch at 11 AM. When she didn't show up, my understanding (still looking for the link) is that her husband reported her missing after be alerted by her friends.

Thank you for the timeline correction.

This looks like a random opportunistic murder to me. That is, she is seen on her own CCTV leaving for a 7 AM run. She expects to be home within 2 hours and then lunch with friends at 11 AM. The investigation was confused in the beginning when police found CCTV footage of another woman running in the wrong direction. That was when police suspended the search until CCTV footage was found.

When did her friends contact her husband? Was that at 1:00 PM? Brunch at 11:00 AM, missing person report at 1:00 PM?

Yes all the reports up until now were saying the brunch was at 11am, now some are saying 1pm.

The brunch crowd surely would’ve phoned/messaged Sam BEFORE contacting him.
Maybe forensics can tell where Sam’s phone was at that time they started calling.

Unfortunately the crims are getting smarter knowing the tracking of phones and some idiots (who look like idiots) forget about their phone. IYKWIM.

Murderers usually ‘try’ to cover their tracks by making pleading calls and messages to someone who they know won’t answer.

This looks like a random opportunistic murder to me. That is, she is seen on her own CCTV leaving for a 7 AM run. She expects to be home within 2 hours and then lunch with friends at 11 AM. The investigation was confused in the beginning when police found CCTV footage of another woman running in the wrong direction. That was when police suspended the search until CCTV footage was found.

When did her friends contact her husband? Was that at 1:00 PM? Brunch at 11:00 AM, missing person report at 1:00 PM?

Was she actually seen leaving the property for the run?

The brunch crowd surely would’ve phoned/messaged Sam BEFORE contacting him.
Maybe forensics can tell where Sam’s phone was at that time they started calling.

Unfortunately the crims are getting smarter knowing the tracking of phones and some idiots (who look like idiots) forget about their phone. IYKWIM.

Murderers usually ‘try’ to cover their tracks by making pleading calls and messages to someone who they know won’t answer.
The only ping so far is at the golf course 11 km away (7 miles). Where was the last ping before that? We don't know. Police must be investigating what she did and where she was in the 48 hours before she vanished. Did she run every day at 7 AM?

Wearing the smart watch during a suspicious event means that her watch recorded a spike in heart rate before the watch could be taken from her. That would record the moment that something happened, if something happened. That would help narrow down the timeline and location for a jogger, which would help narrow down the distance from her home when something might have happened.

Was she actually seen leaving the property for the run?
This article states she was seen by “family” … but not exactly who saw her ..

The 51-year-old was last seen by her family as she left her home on Eureka St, Ballarat East, for a run at 7am on Sunday morning.

Published Feb 10 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member