Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake Cassar just now on Ch 10 afternoon news, says he’s already found some items of interest that have been given to police.

Did Jake find something which gave Police more information and instigate their latest search?

Between the 7:52 and 8:04 mark on the video when asked if Mick Murphy is a suspect, the Officer replied "....at this point he is not." He also said "....that the family have been absolutely fantastic."
I would think that the message is that they don't suspect Samantha's husband but are unwilling to rule anything out due to the requirements of the investigation process.
Perfectly stated cocomonkey. Given how extremely measured investigators have been with their comments (and rightly so IMO), I think it says a great deal that this comment was made. JMO

No one is ruled out as a potential suspect untill all the arrests are made.

POI usually means 'person who we want information from'. It doesn't mean suspect.

IMO, someone disappearing when on a solo run in the wilderness, has very likely been abducted by a stranger who happened to be in that location. I've never seen a case when it was someone known to them. It's too hard to identify where they will be at any particular moment.

Lots of people were convinced it was the spouse in the Hill/Clay campers case, because there was infidelty etc. But nope, not at all.

Stranger danger even more likely for a blond jogger on her own. Sadly

JMO
I have said all along there is more than one person involved and this has been a well-thought-out plan. I think police have had surveillance on people of interest for some time

I find the 10 am press conference information fairly telling. VicPol must have some significant new information...
agree @MrJ - I'm only up to page 31 of this thread (so ignore if this is repeat observation!) but the police update i am watching now, the police officer has body language that seems confident/as if they have a good lead.

Maybe ‘another party’ is that, for example, they have phone data that shows two other phones being in the vicinity of Sam’s last ping? Can they look at any phone data in the area under Australian law?

They can look at the tower traffic. Then they might need to get a search warrant to investigate specific phone numbers.

imo

I'm confused.

Did Samantha's run end at Mt. Clear where something happened.
According to bits of this article, yes:

"Detective Acting Superintendent Mark Hatt from Crime Command says there's no evidence Ms Murphy left the area of her own accord and it is believed she reached the Mount Clear area about an hour after she left home."

IMO, they got her phone data from that area, plus checked all the CCTV footage around that area to confirm she did not just shut off her phone and walk out.

ETA link Police say it's unlikely missing mum Samantha Murphy is alive
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads