Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting what or who led them to the first search area? Obviously, they hadn't had the advantage of the phone ping data, etc. But this Mt Clear pathway seems a lot more feasible to complete in her morning timeframe given she was heading to brunch. (But this is a guess since I have no clue what the running tracks look like just thinking of closeness to home.)

Interesting what or who led them to the first search area? Obviously, they hadn't had the advantage of the phone ping data, etc. But this Mt Clear pathway seems a lot more feasible to complete in her morning timeframe given she was heading to brunch. (But this is a guess since I have no clue what the running tracks look like just thinking of closeness to home.)
I recall she had also mentioned the night before that she was going for a 14km run. That would make Mt Clear her half way mark / turnaround point.

Samantha’s husband is not a suspect but everyone in her life is a POI…

Make what you will of that comment
You don't know if someone helped organised this, but might not have been involved with her disappearance. Yet someone had to know what running track she was running on, approx what time it would take her to be at Mount Clear so someone/ persons would sadly most likely be waiting to demise her, it sounds like this has been well planned, including the right area to meet her and the belief her body has been removed. A lot of careful work gone into this and it points to something bigger is going on

So was her phone actually pinging all day until 5pm?
I’m thinking that the new phone data is more than pings. They’ve obviously been able to ascertain GPS data from phone or watch, but it must have taken some time for them to get hold of that data. Perhaps that’s what the new detectives were skilled at.

:rolleyes:Daily Mail clickbait headline:

BREAKING NEWSSamantha Murphy's husband declared a 'person of interest' in investigation as police reveal they're now looking for her body​

They go on to say ALL people in Samantha’s life are persons of interest.

“At this stage he is not (a suspect). Everyone in relation to Samantha is a person of interest. In our investigation we are speaking to everyone that was in her life.”
I see they've slightly adjusted their headline :rolleyes:

Samantha Murphy's husband 'a person of interest' in investigation along with family and friends - as police reveal they're now looking for her body​

You don't know if someone helped organised this, but might not have been involved with her disappearance. Yet someone had to know what running track she was running on, approx what time it would take her to be at Mount Clear so someone/ persons would sadly most likely be waiting to demise her, it sounds like this has been well planned, including the right area to meet her and the belief her body has been removed. A lot of careful work gone into this and it points to something bigger is going on
I agree Nifty - I think well planned out, likely someone known to Samantha / her family / business (another reason why detectives are saying there’s no threat to the public). I believe the perp has been watching her movements and may have even tracked her from her home that morning.
Also, going back to the timing of the missing persons call to the police by MM. To some of us it seemed a little hasty - maybe he was aware of some threats or strange behaviours from people around them - this had MM, SM’s family and friends on high alert. When she didn’t show for the brunch, they got worried and called the cops. MOO
Definitely a lot more going on than what we’re aware of IMO.

Last edited:
I agree Nifty - I think well planned out, likely someone known to Samantha / her family / business (another reason why detectives are saying there’s no threat to the public). I believe the perp has been watching her movements and may have even tracked her from her home that morning.
Another reason for family members to be told to keep their mouths shut.

It can be dangerous as well, knowing too much

Plus, it can fail the investigation and the perpetrator/ s know what the movements are with the police

That's a possibility, or I still have my hackles up on the "campers" that came out in the beginning, especially since the male camper somehow lost his apple watch which pinged in the same area SM's device last pinged.

Thanks. That is quite the story. 'One of the last persons to see her...er, 24 hours before she went missing, I mean. Did you think I meant that same day, oh no, of course not...
I’m thinking that the new phone data is more than pings. They’ve obviously been able to ascertain GPS data from phone or watch, but it must have taken some time for them to get hold of that data. Perhaps that’s what the new detectives were skilled at.
Yes, pings from towers have a wide potential area to cover, I believe, especially outside dense urban areas.

So ...
Some think that there were other phones' pings near the crime scene.

How is it possible that perps took their own phones with them if the crime was so carefully planned?

Were they burner phones?

In my country there are no longer such phones -
all numbers must be attached to personal data.

But
Of course, criminals might get hold of illegal phones.

Are burner phones legal in Australia?

JMO

Sounds like someone / persons were waiting for her
Maybe , if it was a stranger , could be someone who has planned -that person could be someone who knows the area well and has been planning an attack and was just waiting for an opportunity to arise . Or it could be a stranger and opportunistic .
Or if someone she knows ,her well enough to know where she runs .

It’s all very sad , and I hope for her family there is some closure soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members