Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone recap what today’s presser about and does vpol believe more than one person is involved in her disappearance? Did they refer to family business as well ? Thanks in advance

Could someone recap what today’s presser about and does vpol believe more than one person is involved in her disappearance? Did they refer to family business as well ? Thanks in advance
The Police believe at least one person is involved in Samantha's disappearance.

The family business is very much part of the investigation but the officer would not comment any further.

If there were such a thing, all the farmers with livestock would know about it and would probably have shot them already.

MOO
There are alpine dingos, there are packs of wild dogs all over this country, there's even feral pigs destroying farm land all through Qld and NSW, you don't want to be charged/attacked by those. Farmers dont own all bush or land, they battle these persistent problems to this day.

It's about as plausible as the Beast of Bodmin and Nessie, so, salt cellars at the ready.

Like legends of subterranean tunnels under cities and towns or through mountains, stories of big cats roaming the land where they aren't native seems to be something that catches the imagination of many people all over the world.

MOO
Haha love this, I grew up in a small town in the alpine region and as a kid it wasn't even a joke, there are big large black cats in the lower alpine region hills and bush, it's not even a joke to the locals, it's just one of those things, I've seen many over the years, I'm not saying they are Panthers necessarily however Panthers were brought to the area in the late 1800's and in the 1900's by some wealthy types who like exotic animals, the theory is some were released or escaped but one thing I can tell you is the handful I have seen on the country properties I grew up on and through many bush adventures they had tails 50-80cm long.
I've also see a smaller black cat type carrying a full dead fox in its mouth

There are alpine dingos, there are packs of wild dogs all over this country, there's even feral pigs destroying farm land all through Qld and NSW, you don't want to be charged/attacked by those. Farmers dont own all bush or land, they battle these persistent problems to this day.
There are wild dogs in the High Country of East Gippsland, but are controlled by baiting programs and paid trappers. I have lived on a farm in the area. There aren't wild dogs in Central Vic, I know this area well too. Here's an interesting article on wild dogs in the High Country.

Another point i noted about the press conference this morning was that for all the questions about the phone data that could not be commented on, officer Hatt did confirm one point....the data did show that after Samantha left her home she was 'on foot'.

JMO...I'd say the Police will have a path that take them to where the data stops...or at least stops moving.

Another point i noted about the press conference this morning was that for all the questions about the phone data that could not be commented on, officer Hatt did confirm one point....the data did show that after Samantha left her home she was 'on foot'.

JMO...I'd say the Police will have a path that take them to where the data stops...or at least stops moving.
Correct, they obviously have access to some sort of GPS data from her devices. The data has thrown up some sort of information that has led them to this spot of interest.

There are wild dogs in the High Country of East Gippsland, but are controlled by baiting programs and paid trappers. I have lived on a farm in the area. There aren't wild dogs in Central Vic, I know this area well too. Here's an interesting article on wild dogs in the High Country.

Wild dogs are the pits. Pigs too. Mum has the misfortune of being in wild dog territory. (Northern Rivers, NSW). They tend to be Alsatian mixes with dingo. Always see a dingo on their own, the wild dogs are generally in a group. I know a fair bit about them, had my horse there, cows. They are clever. The big landowner next door had a shooter with a scope, said the baits didn't work to well. The mother's would bring the pups over to the bait, shake them by the scruff if they got too close.
I ended up rehoming my horse due to the dogs. He was lovely, but the dogs were difficult. They got that landowner's cute little scruffy dog, Lottie.
I am not a fan of baiting. It doesn't work and the collateral damage to native wildlife is quite high. The dogs don't tend to go humans- foals, calves, wallabies, joeys, bandicoots etc.
I've attached an article about the landowner's caretaker, she had a horrific encounter with them.
I don't think that wild dogs would be relevant to SM, also not quite enough bush.
ETA trappers are the way to go! (Agreeing with Op)

I honestly believe that the police have had the information about Mount Clear for a long time. Tomorrow is the search that had been arranged by Facebook/community members, they have paid for a professional bush tracker and there will like be hundreds if not a few thousand searching. It's a direct insult to the police as they are implying they have to do it themselves, so police have come out the day before and said you are looking in the wrong place, to make them look like idiots and that they are doing their job.
Yes, and they actually don't want everyone contaminating the area!

IMO

I just watched the police update on A Current Affair. I didn't catch the last question asked by a reporter, nor the police response. The police officer smirked and looked away after his answer. Can someone tell me what was said. We have a big electrical storm here atm and the reception keeps coming in and out. Also, a question was raised re bikies and panel beater businesses often have links to bikie groups. Any theories?

I just watched the police update on A Current Affair. I didn't catch the last question asked by a reporter, nor the police response. The police officer smirked and looked away after his answer. Can someone tell me what was said. We have a big electrical storm here atm and the reception keeps coming in and out. Also, a question was raised re bikies and panel beater businesses often have links to bikie groups. Any theories?
The bikie that killed his partner and then himself not long after Sam went missing, maybe she knew something her hubby had been hired for and was at risk of squealing. Maybe he was taken out too in a setup. You just wouldn't know, my friend (who grew up in Mt Clear) and I discuss all sorts of theories... An acquaintance from high school days was murdered and first hung in a cupboard to look like a hanging, then moved and dumped in a mineshaft near Ballarat (Kobie Parfitt, couldn't find a thread on here..). Nothing will surprise me when we hear what has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892