Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 488242

This looks like an electricity hub station, close to where police think Samantha was taken, near the phone tower at Mt Clear and where police have been searching and believe in the area something happened,

this is most likely Samantha's turn around point at 7km from home, running from Boak Rd.

This building could have a camera as well

View attachment 488252

It's water storage

Hi
I think it's the beat up about the perp/s joining the searches. Been around for ages as a theory and may be true but the DM is always using these sensationalist headlines with any old story. I am disgusted that they did that family holiday in Bali story. I would love to know who handed those photos etc. to them. Probably big bucks for whoever sold their soul.
I think the photos came from FB.

Newbie here....
With all the theories coming in regarding the business dealings & Samantha's position at their company. Maybe ... IMO could it be possible that Samantha pre arranged a meeting point to conduct business with the perps and unfortunately that meeting went haywire?
That would explain when & where they knew to meet.
Also that there was no evidence of a struggle as she was already in the vehicle.
It would explain why hubby was so quick to get police involved after conducting his own search.
I can't imagine SM doing business while on a run, unless it was dodgy business. However I do think this is related to their business somehow. As police alluded to. Something went haywire, that's for sure.

When I look this area up in maps, it says "water tower" or water storage.

Also looks like this might have been part of an older railway track called the "bunny" railway. More investigation required...

Ok, so making cnr Eureka St and Cathie St as start point (I don't know SM address so haven't used it in this map) and end point the intersection in Mount Clear identified earlier in the thread - the map/trail looks very similar to the "Bunny" trail that was created in 2023. Round trip 13km (designed as a walk). Map on right and more info here

map.jpg

So that’s in keeping with the estimated length of around 14kms total (the plan), and 7kms to Mt Clear. If this is an established trail then presumably anyone tracking Samantha from early on might have known exactly where she was intending to run to?

So that’s in keeping with the estimated length of around 14kms total (the plan), and 7kms to Mt Clear. If this is an established trail then presumably anyone tracking Samantha from early on might have known exactly where she was intending to run to?

Yes. Even if her path wasn't quite the same (ie could have been further along/more into the actual park) - the fact that it is an established trail could mean people are coming and going (or parking) at various stops very close to her. It seems that the official start point for the trail is 55 recreation road - so on any given day there would be handfuls of cars/bikes etc.

These google images must be fairly recent as I can see the "Friends of Canadian Corridor" sign. Lots of parked cars both directions.

55 recreation road.jpg
cars 1.jpg
cars 2.jpg

It's only 1.7kms between this trail entry and the suspected last ping zone. (google maps estimates 22 min walk time).

What’s interesting then is that there appear to have been no witnesses… (At least none reported by police)…. I wonder if anyone was intercepting joggers/walkers further down? How was it possible for no one to see/hear anything at 8am on a Sunday when presumably other joggers/walkers would also have been making the most of the cooler air in the early morning? Especially if it’s an established trail….??

Yes. Even if her path wasn't quite the same (ie could have been further along/more into the actual park) - the fact that it is an established trail could mean people are coming and going (or parking) at various stops very close to her. It seems that the official start point for the trail is 55 recreation road - so on any given day there would be handfuls of cars/bikes etc.

These google images must be fairly recent as I can see the "Friends of Canadian Corridor" sign. Lots of parked cars both directions.

View attachment 488323
View attachment 488324
View attachment 488325

It's only 1.7kms between this trail entry and the suspected last ping zone. (google maps estimates 22 min walk time).
Mount Clear College is just there. I thought the cars parked in the photo was due to the college.

View attachment 488323
View attachment 488324
View attachment 488325

How far away is that from that tower and building ?

When I look this area up in maps, it says "water tower" or water storage.

Also looks like this might have been part of an older railway track called the "bunny" railway. More investigation required...
The electricity building pictured is on the south eastern end of Recreation Rd, the water tank reservoir is close by on the northern side , the ‘bunny’ rail trail is well to west … it was the old Ballarat East to Buninyong rail line that closed in the 1930’s … the present Mt Clear secondary college is built over the old line .

The electricity building pictured is on the south eastern end of Recreation Rd, the water tank reservoir is close by on the northern side , the ‘bunny’ rail trail is well to west … it was the old Ballarat East to Buninyong rail line that closed in the 1930’s … the present Mt Clear secondary college is built over the old line .
can you mark these places out on a map for us @Dr Samoht ? so we can visualise. It is hard to get a proper sense via google maps.

Dr Samoht it sounds like you know the area well…. What do you think the chances are of an abduction potentially happening at 8am on a Sunday with no witnesses?

What’s interesting then is that there appear to have been no witnesses… (At least none reported by police)…. I wonder if anyone was intercepting joggers/walkers further down? How was it possible for no one to see/hear anything at 8am on a Sunday when presumably other joggers/walkers would also have been making the most of the cooler air in the early morning? Especially if it’s an established trail….??
Yes that is interesting that , as far as we know , no witnesses saw her jogging.
Maybe she was never on that track ..

Ok, so making cnr Eureka St and Cathie St as start point (I don't know SM address so haven't used it in this map) and end point the intersection in Mount Clear identified earlier in the thread - the map/trail looks very similar to the "Bunny" trail that was created in 2023. Round trip 13km (designed as a walk). Map on right and more info here

View attachment 488322

This was the other map, I had a look, basically from her house, but slightly shorter, but comes out to the electricity building and phone tower 1709718964598.png

Not correct … it’s electricity related … the water storage is close .. but on the north side of Recreation Rd … a separate stand alone structure .
yes, I would believe that as it looks like an electricity station - but the digital 'record' on google maps has it fixed as water storage - would be great to have your help with a few crosses on a map if you had time !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member