Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No unfortunately , I wish I did . Rubber tapes set up across the road at the eastern end before Boundary Rd would be the best means to achieve meaningful data ( I doubt there is any cctv along there to assist ).
Was there rubber tapes across the road? If so, I recall in the Sleba case, LE used that data to identify the type of vehicle, I think it was a multi wheel truck, time, speed etc. I’m sure LE could roughly work out the vehicle from wheel base length etc.

Was there rubber tapes across the road? If so, I recall in the Sleba case, LE used that data to identify the type of vehicle, I think it was a multi wheel truck, time, speed etc. I’m sure LE could roughly work out the vehicle from wheel base length etc.
No I don’t think so , probably little need to monitor traffic on that road prior to her disappearance .

Ballarat mayor calls for end to ‘hurtful’ gossip swirling around Samantha Murphy case​

Ballarat’s mayor is pleading for an end to the rumours and speculation that has engulfed Ballarat in the wake of Samantha Murphy’s disappearance.

Paraphrased

Cr Des Hudson, a former police officer, said locals needed to be better than adding to and helping spread the speculation.

Direct quotes from Cr Des Hudson....
“The different stories that have been swirling around, people adding to and people speculating, it would just be really hurtful for the family to hear some of those (rumours) at a time when they are obviously highly stressed, highly sensitive, highly emotional,”

“I would just like to implore people to put themselves in that position and think about what they would expect from our local community,”

Cr Hudson said it was easy for people to fire off “negativity” from behind a computer screen but they needed to consider the impact of their words.

The absolute SCREAM I just let out...! Oh, thank you, Victoria Police, for the countless hours you've put in that have led to this moment. Please let this be the first domino that's going to fall to bring her home and hold everyone else (if there is anyone else) accountable.

I don’t know how to link as I’m an idiot, however I just saw that a 22 year old man has been arrested over the disappearance of Samantha Murphy just now!! Is anyone able to advise on how to do this, I see the attach files button but when I press on it, it just wants to go to my photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member