Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in the thread someone claiming to have spoken to the suspects best friends dad said they were told the suspect had hit Sam with their vehicle and had asked a friend to help him with her body, and that the reason arrest were made was because the friend confessed to police earlier in the week. He also went onto say the suspect was facing CP charges. Someone on this forum looked the suspects name up on Victorian magistrates courts and found someone with the same first and last name having upcoming court cases in regards to something to do with the online sex crimes unit.
If that was the case the police wouldn't have said that he worked on his own. The police have made it very clear that the accused is the only person of interest.

I’m still trying to understand what “deliberate and intentional” murder means?
Is vpol alluding to premeditated, and perhaps stalking female joggers in the that area and elsewhere ? But no one has reported it to police ?
If he’s stalked women before, I do hope they come out to report him !
He may have a clean sheet but IMOO past behaviours predict future ones, I do wonder if SM murder could’ve been prevented ? So sad for her family

Excellent point, thank you. I was actually (indirectly) alluding not only to others, but also to what this might mean in relation to the accused’s own psyche… to be carrying on life so (apparently) “normally” - in these circumstances…. ?! I am shivering in concern for the girlfriend, for whoever owns the home he was house sitting, for whoever had electrical work done…… I imagine many people in Ballarat may be struggling to sleep tonight…
I am a little confused about which house he was arrested at - the one he was house sitting with his girlfriend, or his parents house? I thought he was arrested at his parents house at Scotsburn, or was it a house at Mount Clear?

Social/school - the Catholic schools join together for sports days etc. and often know each other from feeder primary schools....
Schools verse each other in district sporting comps too. There’s enough likelihood that the daughter and him have interacted.
Fact he has a girlfriend, potentially the daughter and the girlfriend are loose connections. Whether any of those connections create enough substance to warrant a murder, that is another thing all together!

I am a little confused about which house he was arrested at - the one he was house sitting with his girlfriend, or his parents house? I thought he was arrested at his parents house at Scotsburn, or was it a house at Mount Clear?
I’m leaning toward him house sitting in Mt Clear, trying to find the report of where the arrest occurred to try to link to a registered address I have located (but won’t share).

Schools verse each other in district sporting comps too. There’s enough likelihood that the daughter and him have interacted.
Fact he has a girlfriend, potentially the daughter and the girlfriend are loose connections. Whether any of those connections create enough substance to warrant a murder, that is another thing all together!
Absolutely possible. He could have even known/known of SM's son (as well as daughter) if similar ages. I can think of a few motives. And believe the police saying "I don't have that knowledge" doesn't mean there's definitely no connection.

I’m still trying to understand what “deliberate and intentional” murder means?
Is vpol alluding to premeditated, and perhaps stalking female joggers in the that area and elsewhere ? But no one has reported it to police ?
If he’s stalked women before, I do hope they come out to report him !
He may have a clean sheet but IMOO past behaviours predict future ones, I do wonder if SM murder could’ve been prevented ? So sad for her family

IMO from my understanding police are claiming it wasn't accidental. Perp didn't accidentally hit her with his car then cover it up... Perp deliberately targeted Samantha with intent to harm her. This doesn't necessarily mean she was stalked, it could be opportunistic.

As things stand, it is a criminal offence for anyone to publish or broadcast the name of the person accused of murdering Victorian woman Samantha Murphy.

A nationwide, interim suppression order over the 22-year-old man's name, specific address and date of birth was granted by magistrate Michelle Mykytowycz on Thursday, minutes after he was brought into the Ballarat Magistrates Court for a filing hearing.
A shiny sign saying Ballarat Court

According to Victoria's Open Courts Act, the principle of "open justice" is described as a "fundamental aspect of the Victorian legal system".

It promotes the notion the public is free to attend court to view proceedings, and media outlets are allowed to accurately report what goes on in the courtroom.

However, the open justice principle is regularly displaced, with defence lawyers and prosecutors using sections of the Open Courts Act to argue for certain information to be restricted, or on some occasions, to have entire cases held in secret.

Absolutely possible. He could have even known/known of SM's son (as well as daughter) if similar ages. I can think of a few motives. And believe the police saying "I don't have that knowledge" doesn't mean there's definitely no connection.

The police didn't say "I don't have that knowledge" about him knowing the family. They said there were no connections with the family, and none that they know of with Sam.

Even so, why would he intentionally kill the mother of kids he may have seen somewhere?

imo

View attachment 488628

Arrest in Scotsburn and searches of several houses in the area

“Several homes near Scotsburn were searched after the man’s arrest about 6am on Wednesday. Patton refused to provide further details about the police case.”
Several homes? I can only think of 2, his parents', and the one he was housesitting. What others might there be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roxie1892