Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
not necessarily. He may, imo, have committed the murder then panicked and phoned someone he trusted to help him

So,
all who allegedly helped him are partners in crime and must be dealt with Justice system.

Period.

Better for them to contact Police, confess and lead to the victim than hide and cower in constant fear of being denounced.

Sooner or later all who might have been involved will be caught as they are certainly not criminal masterminds.

But I think he allegedly acted alone.

I would check dams/ponds/lakes/river and mineshafts in the vicinity of Mt Clear.

JMO

It has happened before.

What is the evidence of a catastrophic event?

A heart rate monitor?

Catastrophic is most commonly linked to heart or brain issues when talking about death.

The accused may have simply ran someone over who had already had a heart attack... Then decided to dispose of the body due to a high blood alcohol level and drugs in system.

Not dismissing anything here. Just sleuthing while keeping an open mind.
Agreed. But they are inferring ‘catastrophic event’ from the heart rate monitor recorded data. I’m wondering whether irreparable damage to the heart rate monitor would also report as ‘catastrophic event’?
My understanding is the phone pinged later that afternoon, so her watch could have been destroyed - potentially before SM was killed - when he first encountered her. Maybe physical contact and it being ripped off and smashed.

I think there’s a reason(s) why parents/ family did not appear in court with him, why the identity was originally suppressed and why he has not cooperated with helping locate poor Sam’s body.
I think time will reveal a history of escalating predatory behaviour in someone who, up until now, has gotten away with it due to young age and privilege. MOO.

I think there’s a reason(s) why parents/ family did not appear in court with him, why the identity was originally suppressed and why he has not cooperated with helping locate poor Sam’s body.
I think time will reveal a history of escalating predatory behaviour in someone who, up until now, has gotten away with it due to young age and privilege. MOO.

His lawyer said that his client asked for the suppression order application to be removed. That it wasn't helping his family.

I think his parents might not have shown up in court due to the suppression. Due to keeping his name, date of birth and address out of the media. Due to (my impression) trying to conceal his identity.

I thought right from the start that the suppression was an effort to keep a former AFL player and his family out of the news. But it didn't work.

imo

This narrative of a ‘popular guy…immersed in …top tier football’, as though that precludes an individual from possibly being violent is so frustrating.

He fits the scenario of entitlement.
He doesn't fit the scenario of not being liked.
We were looking at the possible red flags in his personality.

imo

His lawyer said that his client asked for the suppression order application to be removed. That it wasn't helping his family.

I think his parents might not have shown up in court due to the suppression. Due to keeping his name, date of birth and address out of the media. Due to (my impression) trying to conceal his identity.

I thought right from the start that the suppression was an effort to keep a former AFL player and his family out of the news. But it didn't work.

imo
No offence to the family, but it’s not like the father was a famous player. He played a handful of 1st grade games and I’d wager a bet that the majority of people would have no idea who he is within the football world.

No offence to the family, but it’s not like the father was a famous player. He played a handful of 1st grade games and I’d wager a bet that the majority of people would have no idea who he is within the football world.

Yes, I had to look him up. I didn't know who he was.
But as soon as I knew who he was, I thought that was the reason for the attempted suppression.
An AFL guy can't have a son who is an alleged murderer.

imo

What level of involvement did his father have in his son's football training? Was he a coach for his team? That could lead to some rebellion from his son IMO.

He is 22 and hasn't been picked up by a major club. (His dad was picked up at an older age, but he also started playing aussie rules footy at an older age, from what I have read in an AFL mag.)

A guy I knew in high school was scouted at 17 years old for a SA major club, he played in their minor league for a while, didn't make it into their top team, there is a lot of talent being lined up for those spots.

I sometimes wonder if there was an inner rage.

imo

Exactly. I was going to ask, had anyone even heard of him before now?

Please can someone clarify how everyone feels it happened near boak rd?? Also been thinking what evidence police may have that fits . IMO could it be her dna is in the back of his Ute?
I can’t tell you anything about Boak Road but I think they are very likely to find her DNA in the back of the accused’s Ute. If the perp didn’t move the body with a vehicle from where she was first attacked I think they would have found her by now. Everything I have read leads me to believe she was put in a vehicle and taken away from the park or at least taken from the immediate area where the accused originally met up with her.
All IMHO

I thought this quote from Sissy Austin was interesting. She describes the tracks around the area:

"I'd normally run four kilometres into the bush and then turn around. I run along motorbike tracks and trails and some hills that would turn into a bit of a hike."

She wasn't running in the exact same spot as Samantha, but nearby. It seems to be more made up of motorbike tracks and trails, than roads.

https://www.news.com.au/national/vi...f292e6ab39e7cb383f874e5cbb41?dicbo=v2-6wQktMp

I don't know what evidence the police had prior to the accused being charged, but it wouldn't have been from 4WD or places he lived ( ie DNA ) , as they would have needed a warrant to search it & that surely would have tipped PS off IMO

It must be from his phone or CCTV IMO or from a witness/s IMO

Maybe his girlfriend had been co-operating with police or his parents for the 2 weeks prior to his arrest?

Whatever they have , it must be enough to charge him with murder & must be strong evidence IMO

bbm
If PS heard THIS ^^ said about his father more often, his privilege (being his son) didn't feel like a privilege, rather to the opposite. Could be a massive problem, he had/has to live with, and it could have made him ashamed and aggressive over the years. IMO
It's no excuse for fights or even a fatal attack on someone, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx