Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does his previous school hold cadets classes (high school introduction to military training)?

Would be the only logical non-suspicious reason I could think of for wearing an army uniform, other than being in the army... which he wasn't.

AFAI remember reading one school was definitely Catholic - I don't think it has ties to Military.

JMO

Last edited:
If PS is maintaining his silence then I wonder what evidence the police have that allowed him to be charged with murder. They have no body. Im not exactly sure how accurate phone pings are. Do they show how close different phones are to one another or just which phones were pinging off different towers? If someone told the police that PS admitted to the crime would that be enough to charge him? LE had him under surveillance for two weeks. What could they observe that would show his guilt? I suppose someone could have recorded PS admitting his guilt. Has it been long enough for forensic examination of PS vehicle to show DNA or evidence of a dead body? CCTV or dash cam footage might place him in the area but would it be enough to charge him with murder? Just thinking out loud.

I suspect somebody tipped Police off about him.

JMO

Was it sexual attack?
I don't know this case well.
I don't think there's been any mention of whether or not a sexual assault occurred.
Sissy was knocked out cold. When she came to, she still had to travel several kilometres on foot to get out of there.
The improvised weapon was a rock tied to the end of a stick.
MOO

Does his previous school hold cadets classes (high school introduction to military training)?

Would be the only logical non-suspicious reason I could think of for wearing an army uniform, other than being in the army... which he wasn't.

There is a Ballarat Cadet Unit (300ACU).

Kids can apply to join at 12 years old. Doesn't seem to be attached to a school, but is more something that any kid in the Ballarat region can join, if accepted.

Y
There is a Ballarat Cadet Unit (300ACU).

Kids can apply to join at 12 years old. Doesn't seem to be attached to a school, but is more something that any kid in the Ballarat region can join, if accepted.

yes , similar to what my son did for six years in the Australian Air League … ( Ballarat branch ), kids come from all over ( no particular school) and like Army cadets , officiate at the annual Anzac Day ceremonies wearing uniform .

Y

yes , similar to what my son did for six years in the Australian Air League … ( Ballarat branch ), kids come from all over ( no particular school) and like Army cadets , officiate at the annual Anzac Day ceremonies wearing uniform .

It seems like a good activity to keep a teen busy, get them used to working as a team, give them enjoyable activities and a sense of belonging ... and they get to go on two camps a year, and use their skills.

Sounds like the camps are kinda mandatory, because the parents have to provide the explanation if the child is not going to attend a camp.

If the accused was a cadet, I wonder how long he stayed in the cadets. A passing fancy, or until he was 19 years old.

imo

Assuming that Samantha has an iPhone (because Apple Watch has been mentioned a few times), here are some details.

- You can turn off an iPhone without any kind of passcode.
- Battery cannot be removed.
- When the phone is turned on, you will need a passcode. The iPhone cannot connect to Wi-Fi until it's unlocked, but I believe it can/will attempt to connect to cellular data.
- Assuming she had a recent phone, it will have Face ID, but after a restart you still need a passcode. Also, a personal story, at least a couple of my friends do not use Face ID, but they still have a passcode.
- It's possible to not set a passcode, but it requires a lot of extra work. Apple has been pretty aggressive about having users set one up in the post-Edward Snowden era.
- Starting with the iPhone 14, there is no SIM card tray, only eSIM. So it's not as easy to eject the SIM card.
It is not that hard to set your iPhone up so you don't need a passcode. My husband refuses to have either Face ID or passcode on his phone. Young people would not dream of not have either Face ID or passcode on their phones, usually because they pay with their phones, but older people are more likely not to.

Just thinking out aloud .....
VicPol arrested the accused on Wed, Wednesday, March 6 & charged with Murder on Thursday March 7.

From what I can gather, VicPol took his car away for forensic testing on the 6th ... could they have initial results back by the 7th?? Was it something they found in the accused's vehicle that allowed the murder charge?
In my mind, to be able to charge the accused with murder, I think LE have found hard evidence either in the accused's car or home (be it parents home, share house, or property his GF was looking after) : ie a shovel with traces/lots of SM's blood on it, OR a weapon (perhaps a rock tied to the end of a stick???) with traces of SM's blood OR his shoes with blood splatter??
Somehow, I don't think just finding a phone/watch/phone pings etc could result in a murder charge alone.

I also think that the accused has a history (of various sorts) with police and they started looking at him fairly early in the piece once the family/friends were scrutinized closely.
To be able to hold it together for 4.5 weeks after murdering someone would be a very very hard call to a person with 'normal' thinking and conscience.
bbm
THAT would be so valuable for even 2 victims, if LE found something like this! Maybe, Sissy and Samantha would get justice one day in the future.

Last edited:
Army type ‘camouflage ‘ pants and shirts … don’t have to be actual army issue … retailers sell this type of gear … popular too with gold prospectors seeking to merge with their bush environment .
I don’t get why gold prospectors would want to merge with the bush environment? Perhaps I’m missing something? Why would you need to camouflage, it’s not like the gold is going to spot you and run away lol

Unless it’s for official reasons, like for cadets or something like that, or if you’re a hunter. I find someone travelling in the bush in camouflage attire for no good reason quite off putting. Someone said a few comments back that this attire is for camouflage purposes, and I agree. Why would you wanna be incognito in the bush? Esp around an area where people use motor vehicles, sometimes at high speeds.

Also, travelling on a motorcycle, makes me think while it’s loud, it’s harder to spot than a car or van, and might be faster, in the sense you could probably go more places a car or van couldnt. It would also be easier to conceal.

A person, travelling on a motorcycle in camouflage attire in a bush just raises red flags for me.

IMO

I don’t get why gold prospectors would want to merge with the bush environment? Perhaps I’m missing something? Why would you need to camouflage, it’s not like the gold is going to spot you and run away lol

Unless it’s for official reasons, like for cadets or something like that, or if you’re a hunter. I find someone travelling in the bush in camouflage attire for no good reason quite off putting. Someone said a few comments back that this attire is for camouflage purposes, and I agree. Why would you wanna be incognito in the bush? Esp around an area where people use motor vehicles, sometimes at high speeds.

Also, travelling on a motorcycle, makes me think while it’s loud, it’s harder to spot than a car or van, and might be faster, in the sense you could probably go more places a car or van couldnt. It would also be easier to conceal.

A person, travelling on a motorcycle in camouflage attire in a bush just raises red flags for me.

IMO
bbm
Would like to know, if his motorbike also has camouflage paint (olive-green)?

IMO

If he was 18 and in the army cadets, looks like they have weekly meetings in two venues ... Sebastapol and Rangers Barracks in the city.

Maybe he rode his motorcycle to the weekly meeting. The neighbour did say "when he used to have the army uniform".

If he was 18 and in the army cadets, looks like they have weekly meetings in two venues ... Sebastapol and Rangers Barracks in the city.

Maybe he rode his motorcycle to the weekly meeting. The neighbour did say "when he used to have the army uniform".
I wonder if he did ride to the weekly meeting if he needed to go through the bush?

Who knows if he did in fact use a motorcycle in the bush fully decked out in army attire.

But your comment is quite valid and makes a great point, so I’ll add this to my aforementioned red flags comment.

A person, travelling on a motorcycle in camouflage attire in a bush who doesn’t have a reason, for example if they are travelling to an army related event, just raises red flags for me.:p

IMO

A lot of private schools have the army cadets

But wearing into the bush, will certainly provide some good camouflage

At his disposal

Why do the police swoop in when they do? If the cops were watching him for a couple of weeks prior, what informs their timing with when to go in and get him? The cops taking the car or searching the house-sit home seems pivotal to the charge of murder the very next day. PS surely would’ve scrubbed his car.

Probably a good choice for riding a motor bike in the bush. Very hardy protective material.
The camouflage angle does fit in with a lot of the accused’s alleged behavior- hiding the body, hiding the truth from the victims family, community, his family, friends, partner… Evading capture for 5 weeks?? ? JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member