Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I agree. I wonder is his obstinacy to speak to the police due to protecting someone else? More will be revealed with time.
The police commander has specifically stated that they are not interested in any one else, in regard to this murder........ Him protecting someone else has no basis , according to police. .

Why would he do that, though.. ? what would he gain from that?

Maybe PS will never talk because he is very confident that Sam will never be found.

Maybe he knows he did a very good job disposing of her deep down a mine and then pouring some bags of cement/concrete in?
Maybe at 22 he didn't factor in that no body, no parole and believes without a body he won't be found guilty.

The police commander has specifically stated that they are not interested in any one else, in regard to this murder........ Him protecting someone else has no basis , according to police. .

If he said where the body was, that in itself would be an admission to murder. He is not about to do that. He seems too sure if getting off, in my opinion.

I am not sure that alleged killers worry too much about protecting someone else.

He is an alleged killer of a random stranger. He allegedly deliberately attacked a lone woman that he didn't know. That alone says that his care for other humanity likely ranks pretty low. imo
Yes and no. I'm not at all saying this is the case here, but there are many documented killer couples who will defend each other to the end, despite being evil through and through. Love does some crazy things. Far less likely to happen for just a mate or relative. IMHO

Yes and no. I'm not at all saying this is the case here, but there are many documented killer couples who will defend each other to the end, despite being evil through and through. Love does some crazy things. Far less likely to happen for just a mate or relative. IMHO

Killer couples are still just protecting themselves. Due to their linked association in the murders. They both have to not admit to the crime.

It is rare for a killer to protect someone else at the expense of their own defence. Sometimes if a killer is going down, they just don't take someone else with them because it affects their own sentence not a whit. imo

Last edited:
If he said where the body was, that in itself would be an admission to murder. He is not about to do that. He seems too sure if getting off, in my opinion.
Totally agree with you. It's pretty hard to tell police where her body is, then try and plead not guilty later. His silence also buys the ability to plead not guilty at any point. His silence may also mean he's young and cocky enough to think he's above the law and will get off, and that there won't be enough evidence to get a conviction at trial. His silence may also be a bit of an F you, giving him the feeling of power or control of a situation that has gotten out of hand. All my opinions only.

I know about couples and all that, but specifically, him. No one has pointed to an accomplice, of any gender.

The accused may be protecting someone who had knowledge after the fact, or had possession of items belonging to Samantha. Nobody directly involved in the murder itself, but "accessories after the fact" or some other crime of that nature. Also, we don't know what the police know and don't know, so it's hard to speculate.

The accused may be protecting someone who had knowledge after the fact, or had possession of items belonging to Samantha. Nobody directly involved in the murder itself, but "accessories after the fact" or some other crime of that nature. Also, we don't know what the police know and don't know, so it's hard to speculate.
I just find it hard ascribing positive qualities to him, like protectiveness, when there is no demonstrable basis for that. Right now, he is accused of a crime that requires the qualities of a committed woman bashing , and a very strong element of cowardice thrown in. I would bet good dollars he would not have tried out his killing skills on a bloke. He chose a woman, a generation older than he.

It's difficult to see how the accused, who has without doubt, all the advantages that Australia can bestow on a person, Young, Tall, Male , White, Privately Educated, Tradesman, Supportive Parents, who are still married, and living in their own home, Girlfriend, Friends, Sporting Prowess, Steady Employment, and not just sporting but FOOTBALL, the Victorian Religion, has any call on any citizen to find sympathetic qualities in this killer.

maybe a family member helped him clean up and he feels a loyalty to them, or a fear?
my guess would be he knows not to say anything, he wont admit his alleged guilt, it buys him time later on to plead, and body decomp will destroy a lot of evidence,
he must have reason to believe he can walk from this?
but if police do have footage of him committing the crime, theres no denying that reality

I am not sure that alleged killers worry too much about protecting someone else.

He is an alleged killer of a random stranger. He allegedly deliberately attacked a lone woman that he didn't know. That alone says that his care for other humanity likely ranks pretty low. imo
There are too many numerous cases of murderers trying to protect an accomplice. It's just a thought. But I have stated before that the accused new Samantha by sight. Catholic primary school and local catholic church imo.

Very good question Trooper.

I REALLY hope I am wrong, but I have started to wonder whether Samantha's remains still exist.

This thought was prompted by a post on Websleuths, which I can no longer find, which referred to a recent murder.
(Link to article about that murder (I think) and associated "disposal" of body.

IMO if the murder of Samantha was unplanned, the method of disposal outlined in the above article, ie including purchasing of acid etc, could have been rather tricky for the alleged perpetrator to organise. It has occurred to me though, that there could be acid vats/baths used in various industries in/around Ballarat. Being a tradie , IMO he could be aware of the existence of such "facilities". Whether or not the alleged murder could access such without scrutiny is another story IMO.

Why would he do that, though.. ? what would he gain from that

Killer couples are still just protecting themselves. Due to their linked association in the murders. They both have to not admit to the crime.

It is rare for a killer to protect someone else at the expense of their own defence. Sometimes if a killer is going down, they just don't take someone else with them because it affects their own sentence not a whit. imo
In the UK Maxine Carr gave her boyfriend Ian Huntley an alibi when he had killed two ten year old little girls. She was actually miles away with another man.

In the UK Maxine Carr gave her boyfriend Ian Huntley an alibi when he had killed two ten year old little girls. She was actually miles away with another man.
Yes, I know about Carr and Huntley, what I was asking was about him. Specifically. Why would he and what could he gain? ... Keeping in mind, the police commander has stated, clearly, and unambiguously, that there is no one else involved. .

There are too many numerous cases of murderers trying to protect an accomplice. It's just a thought. But I have stated before that the accused new Samantha by sight. Catholic primary school and local catholic church imo.
I did not know that the accused knew Samantha by sight. Is your source for this reliable?? The police commander has stated there was no prior association. . Samantha's children went to, and still go to Ballarat Grammar, an Anglican organisation.

The gf would know him and his routines very well, and would be attuned to his moods and habits, and sensitive to changes in him and their relationship. Living together would heighten all of this for her and she’d be aware of his whereabouts and plans each day. If she had nothing to do with it, you wonder if she picked up on a change in him or his activity or if she was oblivious. This pic, from 10th Feb out the front of his family home, gives off a relaxed ‘just going about as usual’ vibe for her don’t you think?
It indicates to me that 6 days ( Feb10th) after Samantha’s disappearance, the GF DIDN’T know of PS alleged activities on February 4th. Agree that GF post does give off that ‘relaxed just going about as usual vibe’.

Yes, I know about Carr and Huntley, what I was asking was about him. Specifically. Why would he and what could he gain? ... Keeping in mind, the police commander has stated, clearly, and unambiguously, that there is no one else involved. .
unless if someone who might have helped him afterwards knows things, terrible secrets ps never wants anyone to know? and theyve threatened to tell?
but in regards to protecting someones identity theres still nothing to gain from not revealing the body location, its not likely to reveal the other person anyway?
so hes probably not protecting someone else, just himself

I did not know that the accused knew Samantha by sight. Is your source for this reliable?? The police commander has stated there was no prior association. . Samantha's children went to, and still go to Ballarat Grammar, an Anglican organisation.
not the OP but he might have meant this news tidbit which show a possible "crossing of paths" but no proven connection:

1711071715329.png

Link revealed between Samantha Murphy and her alleged ...​

1711071715368.png
7NEWS
https://7news.com.au › News

Mar 9, 2024 — Murphy, 51, worked as a volunteer in the uniform shop at St Francis Xavier Primary School where 22-year-old Stephenson, an electrical apprentice .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717