Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibilities... She has gone off the path, without water, and has tried to warm herself at night with leaves, and has died, as sometimes happens in the AU bush, and is hard to find, might take a big wind, or heavy rain... in summer. The heat is debilitating, and cumulative,

Or, she has gone of her own accord, without money, her car, her purse, her medicines, which most 50 yr old women have, without a change of undies or shoes, without any identification. This is a remote possibility but it is not improbable, merely very remote, because nothing much works in AU without your medicare card, your driving licence, etc.. your bankcard, your credit cards etc. even your library card is useful.

Or, Some stranger has taken offence to her, and killed her, no one want's to hide a live 50 yr old woman, who is fit and furious , that would take a lot of effort... it doesn't need a rationale, People do dreadful things. And this person is familiar with the territory, and knows how to get around, and hide stuff.

Or, .........someone close to her has killed her and hidden her body, someone who knows her routine.

a small piece of background...

Of course, Lost in the Bush, it's the Great Australian Boogey Man story, repeated down thru generations, paintings are done of people 'lost in the bush'... the saddest stories of children who wander off looking for their little puppy and never get found, the terrible story of searchers getting lost themselves.. it runs deep in the Australian psyche, and has power, ... No one wants this woman to stay lost in the bush,...everyone wants her found,

Last edited:
I heard about it at the time it happened. She posted about it on social media, it was picked up by the media. She felt very let down by police. She was terribly bullied online when she posted about it, it was pretty gross. Lots of people victim blaming, accusing her of making it up etc. Of course she didn’t make it up, it was very real and very serious and very distressing and the police told her there was nothing they could do. So that’s why she posted about it on social media, to warn others.
I’m not defending the trolls but when you continually tell Australians they’re all racist, bigoted a##holes who continually victimise her because of her heritage, some people aren’t going to be sympathetic if you suffer a tragedy.

Police are just normal people in a uniform, some are good and are some are bad. You’d hope there’d be systems in place to limit the bad ones but we know this system isnt perfect.

Sissy was upset at the police response and thought the reason to their lack of action or compassion was due gender and heritage.

There are posts on SM everyday where people are upset at police inaction over incidents suffered by them. Serious incidents where people can’t even get a police report and the response is yeah, nah we won’t do anything. Or like Sissy, they take the report and tell them the chance of catching the perp is slim to none. She was looking for a reason to attach to their lack of effort and compassion but I think she missed the mark.

Reasons could be busy, overworked, lack of staff, case not deemed a high enough priority or it’s because they were lazy and just terrible at their jobs. The latter happens a lot and you simply can’t attach race and gender as reasons without substance.

In addition to the types of problems you mention, I thought maybe legal or financial. Mortgage rates increase, rents for business sites increase. Spouses in business together, tough decisions.
Agree …. But Police would also need to consider a disgruntled customer angle? Especially in this day and age ….

IMO

I find this a little odd….

Michael (the camper who saw Samantha on Saturday) lost his Apple watch camping in that same area …. And it also “pinged” in the same area as Samantha’s phone….. ????

Does anyone know how far Buninyong is from the camp / running track area???

Michael also lost his Apple Watch and Ms Agheli said she had been told by police it last pinged in a similar area to where Ms Murphy's phone had also pinged in the nearby suburb of Buninyong.

“Even if the footage does not depict Samantha, detectives are keen to review all footage in the areas between 7am and 7pm on Sunday, 4 February,” they said in a statement on Saturday.

“Police previously urged everyone in the Ballarat East and Mount Helen areas, particularly around the Canadian Forest, to check their CCTV for any possible sightings over the past six days however would now like to collect all footage.”

"I think the mines have to be looked at to see whether she may have inexplicably fallen into one of those," he said on the Nine breakfast program.

"It might well be she went off the beaten track to relieve herself, whatever it may be, so you know for all we know she could be injured in a mineshaft.
There have been calls to search mineshafts in the area. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Ian Wilson

Good samaritans were spotted on bikes and driving cars in Buninyong on Saturday for any signs of Ms Murphy, while her husband was spotted leaving the police station.

Last edited:
I find this a little odd….

Michael (the camper who saw Samantha on Saturday) lost his Apple watch camping in that same area …. And it also “pinged” in the same area as Samantha’s phone….. ????

Does anyone know how far Buninyong is from the camp / running track area???

Michael also lost his Apple Watch and Ms Agheli said she had been told by police it last pinged in a similar area to where Ms Murphy's phone had also pinged in the nearby suburb of Buninyong.

I call Daily Mail, Daily Fail. The man they're quoting (the psychologist, Tim) had previously been struck off the AHPRA register for two counts of inappropriate relationships and also had some nefarious drug deals in the late 90s. He's always in the media down here. I am referring to Tim Watson-Munro, not Michael.

Adding:

He reregistered in a few years later.

Last edited:

I’m not defending the trolls but when you continually tell Australians they’re all racist, bigoted a##holes who continually victimise her because of her heritage, some people aren’t going to be sympathetic if you suffer a tragedy.

Police are just normal people in a uniform, some are good and are some are bad. You’d hope there’d be systems in place to limit the bad ones but we know this system isnt perfect.

Sissy was upset at the police response and thought the reason to their lack of action or compassion was due gender and heritage.

There are posts on SM everyday where people are upset at police inaction over incidents suffered by them. Serious incidents where people can’t even get a police report and the response is yeah, nah we won’t do anything. Or like Sissy, they take the report and tell them the chance of catching the perp is slim to none. She was looking for a reason to attach to their lack of effort and compassion but I think she missed the mark.

Reasons could be busy, overworked, lack of staff, case not deemed a high enough priority or it’s because they were lazy and just terrible at their jobs. The latter happens a lot and you simply can’t attach race and gender as reasons without substance.
I hear you, on all points. It was self reported on social media in an ungraceful way, but it was important to get the information out. But we also don’t know how she was treated specifically when she reported it to police, so who knows? Not me.

She could have. But I would have expected her to pick a better time so that she would have longer. Like, not when she’s expected for brunch. People sitting at a cafe waiting

This is in Australia where we offer large rewards, I’d like to think we get the job done, most bodies are found and most crimes are solved.
Cross fingers on this one.
Good outcome she's fallen and hit ahead and they find a her alive, the police must know when she was last sighted by a family and they're keeping everything close to their chest, couple Rebecca and Michael was camping and prospecting around the area at the time stated they saw her on Saturday morning actually waved to them and say good morning, I also stated a big man ,Missy his pants were torn at the crotch a couple moved to another prospecting camping site when encountered this man after a seven minute drive the man was right next to them again, maybe this man, was told to make yourself visible in the area so as to blame him for missing woman's disappearance, which could brings a Sinister scenario to this case as to why he was there was he lucky to be in the right spot and she was unluckily or was he paid to get rid of her?

Or, she has gone of her own accord, without money, her car, her purse, her medicines, which most 50 yr old women have, without a change of undies or shoes, without any identification. This is a remote possibility but it is not improbable, merely very remote, because nothing much works in AU without your medicare card, your driving licence
I have wondered about this …. Was she picked up in a car at a designated meeting spot ??

Technically, if Samantha’s desire was to go missing of her own volition, (but I’m not convinced) she could have pre planned, opened new accounts etc and sent items ahead somewhere, while the rest of the family was on holiday at the beach …

But then, why not disappear while your family are away???

It‘s a possibility, But I am not sure a person could do that with children, as her friends have spoken of how much she loves her children etc .

At this point, sadly it looks nefarious ….

IMO

yes i noticed this too and thought maybe depression or marriage difficulties

A lot of people have been struggling lately with the cost of living and interest rates rising.

They own their own panel beating business and I imagine that suffered during the pandemic and more recently with most people trying to save money.

I call Daily Mail, Daily Fail. The man they're quoting had previously been struck off the AHPRA register for two counts of inappropriate relationships and also had some nefarious drug deals in the late 90s. He's always in the media down here.

Adding:

He reregistered in a few years later.
“Michael “ the person camping with his partner, and the person you are referring to, are two separate people….

IMO

Sometimes, the person who has had the most to do with what may be a terrible crime feels compelled to join the search, to insert themselves into the investigation, ......offer advice to the long suffering coppers, bring gifts and food to the afflicted family, , take on a position of spokesperson, or helper..... they want to be part of it all, and, of course, to steer people away from anything that may be incriminating to themselves..... the local coppers will be keeping an eye out on who volunteers..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member