Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they owned a 2 million dollar house, it’s possible it’s large enough not to notice the comings and goings of other family members. Sams husband may have just assumed she’s come come home from her run as normal, cleaned up amd headed out to brunch without seeing her if it’s a large house or perhaps he was out gardening before the heat struck. They also have 3 kids that may have weekend sports etc that he may have been dropping them off at. and possibly everyone was just doing their own thing on the weekend. If they all work and have school during the week it’s easy to see that they may all just have their own things going on during the weekend and touch base with each other at different points of the day. JMO
3 Children: 1 is approx 24. The other 2 are quite young and are into drama/theatre/music, not sports. Mum takes them to drama/theatre/music from what I can gather.

House is large - but not that large to be unnoticed.

Depends which way she went. I think she went down Cathie St, wasn't long on Eureka St at all. That's if she did go running.
If she DID go for a run - and went down Cathie Street - then YES, THEY WOULD HAVE CROSSED PATHS.
There is more to the home address than people realise. I can't say much else without doxing.

If she DID go for a run - and went down Cathie Street - then YES, THEY WOULD HAVE CROSSED PATHS.
There is more to the home address than people realise. I can't say much else without doxing.
I take your point, but it's a short distance, a walker would cover it in 2 minutes, these are two runners, and our times aren't that precise.

Like others have previously stated, I find it really weird the Facebook group has been deactivated. Maybe it's related to harassment of individual members; I can understand that a bit. But saying it's served its purpose when it's just over a week since she disappeared is rather sinister seeming to me. All JMO, but it doesn't sound particularly good.

My point is - it would take longer than 2 minutes to get to Cathie street
From Sam's home? Well--I wish I knew what I was missing.

Edit: If you mean what I think you mean, Sam wouldn't have been on Eureka St the extra time. Also we don't know where the other runner started from or where she joined Eureka St?

Last edited:
In regards to the FB group shutting down given the concerns from the Mayor yesterday about people who don't have experience going out searching and the current heatwave we are experiencing, they may have been asked to shut it down to discourage inexperienced searches going out and getting in trouble.

Despite its over 10000 members, it was set up so that people could co-ordinate their search efforts it wasn't set up so that people could speculate and publish unsupported rumours they'd heard from their hairdresser's cousins dog which is what it became partially because they were allowing anonymous posted up until Saturday

Ballarat schools are offering counselling to students affected by the disappearance of Samantha Murphy.

"For the kids, it is really scary when a mum goes missing. Mums are such vital parts of their everyday life."

"We are preparing for the next stage, no matter what that might be. Hopefully that might be [that] Sam comes home, but certainly the children will need support and Samantha's children will need support."

Interestingly, the 'find samantha murphy' facebook page has now been archived (10,000+ members). The organiser was advised that it had served it's purpose and it's time to take it down.

My gut feel is that the Police are all over it (and probably advised the organiser to take it down).
Let's hope they don't try to close us down here.

Like others have previously stated, I find it really weird the Facebook group has been deactivated. Maybe it's related to harassment of individual members; I can understand that a bit. But saying it's served its purpose when it's just over a week since she disappeared is rather sinister seeming to me. All JMO, but it doesn't sound particularly good.
it just sounds peculiar. It is grammatically correct, but intellectually vacant, since no one knows what purpose has been served, and now no one knows what purpose it was created for. If it was just to collect names, then say so. Since she has not been found, what was the point?

it just sounds peculiar. It is grammatically correct, but intellectually vacant, since no one knows what purpose has been served, and now no one knows what purpose it was created for. If it was just to collect names, then say so. Since she has not been found, what was the point?
could it possibly be to listen to local gossip or hoping someone anonymously posts some info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RainbowYarnSlueth